Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 19 thoughts

Author Topic: Season 19 thoughts  (Read 19287 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 19 thoughts
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 05:27:46 PM »
I'm not really worried about the class splits.
In the WEC, there's only 8 LMP1's (at best) in a field of over 50 cars, so if we get more than that were ahead of the FIA. ;)
So as long as we hit 1:4, I think it would OK. 8)
Just so long as it doesn't just turn into another de facto GT3 season.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 06:06:44 PM »
I think there'll be plenty of prototype runners, without intervention. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 07:07:33 PM »
Could always do a split season where everybody has to race one for the 1st half the season and the other for the 2nd half like we have done in the past?

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 07:14:44 PM »
Modern here too. Split class sounds good.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 07:27:39 PM »
Could always do a split season where everybody has to race one for the 1st half the season and the other for the 2nd half like we have done in the past?
Yeah, that would probably work.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline SkilletKid

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 08:05:05 PM »
Shame that Assetto doesn't have too many LMP2s to run an LMP2 class (aside from the AER Mod with the Oreca and Corvette DPs).

And my new job has meant I can't participate in the Tuesday night races anymore =[ Thursdays I might be able to stretch to come to.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 09:40:45 PM »
Shame that Assetto doesn't have too many LMP2s to run an LMP2 class (aside from the AER Mod with the Oreca and Corvette DPs).

And my new job has meant I can't participate in the Tuesday night races anymore =[ Thursdays I might be able to stretch to come to.
Bad luck about Tuesdays. You clearly have to quit that job, for work/life balance.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 09:22:11 AM »
I'm thinking 4 tracks, where everyone does one pass in LMP1 or GT3, then swaps to the other class for a second pass through the same 4 tracks.

Or would people rather just stick in their class and have more circuits? You wouldn't be able to switch classes - it messes standings up too much.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 10:04:26 AM »
I'd rather stay in class for the whole season.

2+2=√16

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 10:47:27 AM »
Agreed lol

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 11:42:14 AM »
I get it now....  :o

Another thought... in the real WEC, the different classes have separate qualifying sessions, to get clearer track. While that sounds like a good idea, in the interests of time we'd probably have a combined qualifying.

And I chose GT3 cars instead of GTE (GT2's etc) because they're a little bit slower and we get more lapping by the LMP1 class that way.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 02:41:32 PM »
Agreed lol
Ditto.

But without any restriction on changing cars if you 'really' need to.
I'd be OK with changing cars if you really can't stand your class, but I think it would be fair if you couldn't carry your points from one class to the next. Just because you might be able to go well in a GT3, for example, doesn't mean that you could have got the same points in an LMP1 and vice versa.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 12:27:49 AM »
I'd like to see us stick to 1 car throughout the season rather than swap.  For those of us who don't race/practice a lot, having one car for a season we improve with the setup and driving the car.. swapping can often feel foreign (for me) and takes a few races to get into the groove of a new car.

I think LMP1/GT3 would be good. The only newish gt3 would be the Audi LMS 2016.. there's no other gt3 class that came out in the last update?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:33:02 AM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2017, 08:16:21 AM »
I'd like to see us stick to 1 car throughout the season rather than swap.  For those of us who don't race/practice a lot, having one car for a season we improve with the setup and driving the car.. swapping can often feel foreign (for me) and takes a few races to get into the groove of a new car.

I think LMP1/GT3 would be good. The only newish gt3 would be the Audi LMS 2016.. there's no other gt3 class that came out in the last update?
I think the last GT3 was one of the Ferraris, but that came out a little while ago. I have a short list of closely performing GT3 cars in mind already.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2017, 10:32:24 AM »
Cars
Audi 2014 Hybrid
Toyota 2014 Hybrid
Porsche 2015 Hybrid (with restrictor)

Audi R8 LMS 2016
BMW Z4 GT3
Ferrari 488 GT3
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3
Nissan GT-R GT3

Circuits
Silverstone
Spa
LeMans
Nurburgring
Paul Ricard
Shanghai
Bahrain

All circuits but Paul Ricard are on the WEC calendar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal