Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun run - TransAm Legends 2.0 @ Goodwood

Author Topic: Fun run - TransAm Legends 2.0 @ Goodwood  (Read 8210 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Fun run - TransAm Legends 2.0 @ Goodwood
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 10:06:14 AM »
That was a lot of fun, after trying a few cars I think I’ve found a favourite but as I’m going away for Easter I’ll jump into the series at round 2.
I'm happy to start the season a week later, to move it further away from Easter.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2021, 11:25:32 AM »
It took me some time to get used to them. First race was a mess...and racing with a cracked windscreen was a pain. R2 & 3 were better, but Bueller is in his own class...I can't compete with that...quite a spread out field around me...apart from messy R1, no close racing. I tried the a few cars last night after we finished...yeah, they all float and bounce a bit differently.
Wally said, they're pretty much like GT3's, but I think he was lying...

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2021, 12:55:51 PM »
These are fun to drive, when you get a decent run out of a corner but the guy in front is slide ways and still pulling away, ear to ear grin. Since the dart and the 65 pony I could get mid 23's I've chosen the AAR cuda because I'm about a second slower in it and so far no one else has picked it.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2021, 01:40:51 PM »
That was a lot of fun, after trying a few cars I think I%u2019ve found a favourite but as I%u2019m going away for Easter I%u2019ll jump into the series at round 2.
I'm happy to start the season a week later, to move it further away from Easter.

That's very kind of you Wally. 
After trying several different cars I kept heading back to the lighter and less powered '65 Pony. Not because it was super quick but more because I felt I could get it to turn and then slide it out with the throttle. What I learnt last night was that downshifting at the appropriate time is critical to getting these things stopped without swapping ends.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 03:09:49 PM by bradc »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2021, 01:53:39 PM »
I was slowly getting used to getting on the gas before the apex to help the throttle turn the car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2021, 08:33:11 AM »
Do we have anything happening tonight Wally? I know the season doesn't start till next week

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2021, 06:22:26 PM »
Do we have anything happening tonight Wally? I know the season doesn't start till next week
Yep, fun run - http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=3197.0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal