Xtreme Gaming Network

Aim Data from Bradgehampton

Author Topic: Aim Data from Bradgehampton  (Read 8180 times)

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
Aim Data from Bradgehampton
« on: August 22, 2017, 10:20:07 PM »
Can a generous soul out there send me the aim file from a practice session or race. I want to make sure it is similar. I am running a G25 and am getting lots of weird info from dropping in and out of gear to random clutch applications and only max of 97% throttle. I want to make sure it's not a translation issue from the generated data.

Thanks

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Aim Data from Bradgehampton
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 10:31:22 PM »
Here you go.

97% throttle sounds like a calibration issue for sure.

Edit, I can't open that file in Race Studio - maybe it's a partial file from when the session restarted...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:33:38 PM »
Thanks Wally

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 10:39:45 PM »
Here's a better file - one hot lap.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 11:27:08 PM »
Thanks Wally,

Second file worked well. First one mustn't have uploaded properly. Gear selection is the same, randomly drops out of then back into 5th gear and also applies the clutch????? Throttle and brake traces are very different though so I suspect I have a pedal issue. The steering trace looks OK so hopefully I can get away with just a set of pedal pots.

Thanks again

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:36:12 PM »
Do you have some kind of assist on like auto clutch or auto blip or some such?

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 11:45:52 PM »
Not at all. It was in your data too.

I did get random clutch applications in between as well whereas your data didn't have them. I was in 5th gear, 100% throttle and the clutch applied 20% for almost half a second, went back to 0% then re-applied 10% for 1/4 of a second. Your data, the applications always coincided with coming out of 5th, 100% clutch, goes back into 5th all in a fraction of a second. I suspect it's something with the data import.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 12:44:17 AM »
You can put the pedals app on screen to look out for any weirdness. I always have it as occssionally the fanatec pedals can play up so makes it easy to spot.

Offline GymnasticHippo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 10:05:08 PM »
Not sure where you're based on what your current pedals are, but I've got a spare set of thrustmaster pedals that came with my kit - just the standard two pedal affair that's part of the TX wheel.

I was going to chuck them up on gumtree for $20 but if you need them to get you out of the shit (or just to test for validation) you're welcome to grab them temporarily/permanently.

I'm in Brisbane by the way :)

Sorry, just to clarify - if they can be of use to you JamieP I'm not asking money of you if you want them.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:53:50 PM by GymnasticHippo »

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 02:22:32 PM »
Thanks for the offer, much appreciated.

I ended up buying a T300 RS GT edition and am hoping to have it by next race but will most likely have to use my Driving Force Pro for next round. Hoping the T300 will be a step up from the aging G25. I am going to try and get the pots replaced on my pedals anyway and just hang onto them as a spare set or if anyone out there has a good set of pedals but a failed wheel base, I can sort something out ;). Just have to hook up my G25 Shifter to the T300 as a temporary measure till I get back to Sydney in November and I'll get a thrustmaster one

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 06:12:27 PM »
Nice. I've heard the T300 is a nice step up from Logitech wheels. How will you hook up the shifter to the TM? Seem to remember you need adapters to do that.

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 06:32:53 PM »
The bodnar adaptor is a likely scenario but I think there are a few other ones available.

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 11:13:41 PM »
That was how I used the g25 pedals and selector with my old Driving Force GT. I had the board mounted in a box and it worked quite well. I did plan to keep as much of it together as I could in case someone needed the set and I can donate it to a new or needy racer. Till then, I can use for  a bit of experimentation. My cousin has mini show cars and a spare shell and he did ask a while ago to setup a sim in an actrual car he can take to his car shows. Could be an interesting project :D

Offline GymnasticHippo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 05:06:04 PM »
Nice one mate. Ive just the same upgrade two weeks back. Went from a g27 to tx wheel, t3pa pedals and th8a.

Worlds apart. The only downside is the cheap plastic wheel that comes stock but the t300 has a better (rubber) wheel - and its cicrular too.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 09:02:02 PM »
I'm still amazed, every time, how when a fellow sim-racer has equipment problems there's so much support to rectify the issue.
I guess we all just love racing as many people as possible. ;)

But it's not unusual for them to just use the chance to upgrade to something better, given the means.
We all like better toys, after all. 8)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal