Xtreme Gaming Network

"Meet The Driver"

Author Topic: "Meet The Driver"  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: "Meet The Driver"
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 09:10:04 AM »
A good overview and love the "Bucchulumistic" outlook :)

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 06:56:18 PM »
Meet the Driver – Matthew111

Today we caught up with XGN racer Matthew111 of Struggle Street Racing Crew. Matthew is a triple XGN champion, winning the LaFerrari/McLaren P1, Jap Pack and Exos 125 seasons. Matthew started with XGN in November 2014 in Season 4 to great success, finishing 2nd in the championship standings behind alien Guybrush Threepwood, and again 2nd behind StanDaam in season 5. His first championship win was to come in season 7, which has since been followed by an impressive number of championship podium finishes in most seasons. In the overall driver statistics, Matthew holds the title of most outright podium finishes, as well as being the most consistent driver overall. In fact, with Guybrush no longer racing at XGN, Matthew is now our resident alien, being the overall best performer across all seasons to date.

Matthew is a veteran of 197 races at XGN, with his 200th race coming up at Nurburgring later this season in an LMP1 car.

XGN: Do you spend much time practising and/or tweaking setups? If you do, what's the main thing you focus on?

Matthew: No not really id say 80% of the time i dont as i dont have the time and if i do its probably only 20 laps at most. Most of my work is done in the hour prac session pre race usually i try and enter 30mins earlier to make the most of it, its a fun challenge to adapt and get the car to work, i guess just like in real life lol. My order of doing things is to start with getting the tyres to work, pressures etc as you cant get a feel for the car if they arnt working, once thats all good ill set the dampers up and then roll bars and springs with a bit of fine tuning between the two, I find its important not to jump around too much between things as you can easily screw it up and find yourself running in circles, so dont move on to the next thing until your satisfied with the part your on.

XGN: What other leagues have you (or do you) race with?

Matthew: Im exclusive to XGN wally does such a great job i have no need to go anywhere else :P I started my sim career at xgn back in the rfactor v8factor days a long time ago then disappeared for a while until AC came out and signed back up here.

XGN: Which cars do you like racing the most and why?

Matthew: Im a tin top man, preferably touring cars. I just like the patience and technique thats needed to flow them around the track to extract the lap time and they arn't as setup reliant so you can hustle them and drive around the weaknesses more than you would a open wheeler, also i grew up watching touring cars and just prefer the style of racing they offer. But in saying that since racing here i have learnt a lot in racing other categories and the styles required to set them up and race them and have enjoyed it.

Thanks Matthew.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Online grat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 07:48:53 PM »
 :) :) :)

Online Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 07:56:43 PM »
wow 200 already where did that go! will have to make nurburgring a special one, lucky its one of my fav tracks so quiet appropriate :)
do you even motorsports?