Xtreme Gaming Network

Oct 10 - "Rolex 24" enduro at Daytona

Author Topic: Oct 10 - "Rolex 24" enduro at Daytona  (Read 28089 times)

Offline RussG

• View Profile
Re: Oct 10 - "Rolex 24" enduro at Daytona
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2017, 05:29:10 PM »
Sorry Russ, I just had to laugh. The button box falling was the final straw.

With the pit app position, it's in a folder location (stupidly) where it gets overwritten when there's a game update or you verify your files in Steam, so you can lose your settings at that time.

Hwy Wally,
Glad it brightened your day. I was fuming at the time, but I'm over it now :D

As soon as the pit app appeared waaay over there I knew what had happened but it put me off ....
The button box used to be bolted to the wheel hub but the connecting arms snapped off some time ago. The Obutto seat has these "table tops" on each side and they swivel back and forth as well as being able to tilt for placing paperwork or something on them. So I have just had the button box sitting on the right hand table top but this is the first time the vibration has tilted it over. Time to get the allen keys out and do some tightening  ::)

Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2017, 08:02:17 PM »
Hey, you have the same rig as me :)

The only thing I have different compared to that picture is that I've swapped the shifter and keyboard swivel thingy to the opposite sides

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2017, 10:48:09 PM »
Hey, you have the same rig as me :)

The only thing I have different compared to that picture is that I've swapped the shifter and keyboard swivel thingy to the opposite sides

Hey Shayne,
Good to see that you selected such a good rig. I chose the Obutto because I also use it as a workstation to work from home. Just remove the wheel rim from the hub and it's perfect. I need lots of screen real estate for work.

That wasn't an actual photo of my rig. I just grabbed it off the web due to lack of time. My keyboard is on the other side too and I don't currently have a shifter.
Now that I have a bit more time, here is a real picture ... complete with button box just resting on the table top.

Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal