Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R3: Le Mans Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S19R3: Le Mans Post-Race Chat  (Read 12688 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S19R3: Le Mans Post-Race Chat
« on: October 31, 2017, 10:13:02 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points - LMP1
Kcender87   26
Grat   18
Diehard   15
Matthew111   12
Bacchulum   10
Mael   8
Wally   6
Keith   5
JamieP   2

Round Points - GT3
killagorilla   26
DC   18
Phil.8   15
Freezer   12
Jeremy   10
Aaron Thomas   8
Rob   6
Dave O   5
RussG   2
Joe   1
Shayne   0
rexology   0
Gratulin   0

LMP1 Season Podium

This round sees Kcender move up to 2nd place in the standings, with Diehard dropping out of the top 3.
1. Grat, 45
2. Kcender87, 41
2. Matthew111, 40

GT3 Season Podium
Killagorilla pulls clear of DC, with Joe rising one place to displace Shayne and Jeremy in the top 3.
1. killagorilla, 52
2. DC, 44
3. Joe, 30
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:38:32 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S19R3: Le Mans Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 10:21:23 PM »
Man! My first 35 minutes were pathetic... I could not drive a decent corner. Last 20 minutes or so were ok, though, and made it back to 2nd, which was all I could hope for, given Kcender's form tonight.

Have a flight tomorrow morning so had to abandon the conversation early. Hope to re-join the season on the 14th.

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 10:32:50 PM »
Had a lonely race thanks to not getting a lap in during qualifying. Completely my own fault.

Made my way through the GT cars half way through lap 1 but was already about 30 secs behind. Lapped reasonably consistently for most of the race with a couple of lapses in concentration but wasn't too bad a test session for me.

Congrats to Kcender and KillaGorilla for the wins and bring on next week.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 10:42:10 PM »
Results in 1st post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 10:43:45 PM »
Did a reasonable qualifying lap to start 5th of the GT's.  Got a great start and was able to use the big power of godzilla to drive past Phil and DC on the first lap.
From there they continued to slipstream pass each other and I maintained a modest gap in front.  Meanwhile Killagorilla was inching away in front.
Lap 5 trouble strikes . . . !  DC having got past Phil gets closer then braking into the 1st chicane nails the rear of my car and I'm around.  Managed to get going losing a few spots but looped it again on the next chicane.
Seems the rear wing was damaged and making the handling a bit off.  Pitted on Lap 6 for a longer second stint.  I pushed hard for many many laps trying to catch Jeremy but the car was a second or two slower and couldn't really bridge the gap.  It wasn't until the last lap when he got slowed by a LMP1 that I was able to pounce.
All up a good race, but definitely an opportunity lost.  LMP passing all went well.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 10:54:09 PM »
I've been finishing one place worse every week... time to reverse that trend!
I didn't have great pace here, but managed to break my PB a few times during the course of the race. My best lap was still slower than Kcender's best in the Audi by 5+ seconds.

I seemed to spend most of this race playing KERS cat and mouse between Bacchulum and Mael, watching ptracker to see when they were faster than me and vice versa, trying to figure out when they were using KERS and when to deploy mine. I vaguely caught up to Bacchulum by the end of the lap, but he'd pull away again over the course of the next lap. It's no wonder I was Hunter and he was Hunted - that's certainly what it felt like. With Mael as well, the three of us were in fairly interesting battle the whole race - ruined at the end when both Mael and I had to do a splash 'n dash stop for fuel at the end. But I can't see that I could have caught Bacchulum unless he made a pretty bad mistake.

Standings-wise, Mael and I are tied on 18th points for 5th, so I think I know who my rival is :)

Offline rexology

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 11:11:45 PM »
Wally, Can you have a look at my attempt to pass Dave O on the Mulsanne straight, to me it looked like he shunted me off the track on purpose destroying my car and ending my race.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 11:12:46 PM »
Apologies to rexology for the contact, totally lost sight of you :-[  and ruined your race  :-[

And apologies also to Freezer , ( I think it was you)  I had contact with on turn 2  ::)

Might be getting too old for this racing  :(   Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 11:38:23 PM »
Apologies to rexology for the contact, totally lost sight of you :-[  and ruined your race  :-[

And apologies also to Freezer , ( I think it was you)  I had contact with on turn 2  ::)

Hey Dave.  All good, I did dive past but then swept across a bit which might not have helped.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 12:08:08 AM »
I seemed to spend most of this race playing KERS cat and mouse between Bacchulum and Mael, watching ptracker to see when they were faster than me and vice versa, trying to figure out when they were using KERS and when to deploy mine. I vaguely caught up to Bacchulum by the end of the lap, but he'd pull away again over the course of the next lap. It's no wonder I was Hunter and he was Hunted - that's certainly what it felt like. With Mael as well, the three of us were in fairly interesting battle the whole race - ruined at the end when both Mael and I had to do a splash 'n dash stop for fuel at the end.

I was testing different KERS deployment the whole time to try and catch you Wally while trying to stay ahead of Keith and then Bacchulum. In the last few laps I tried to fuel safe before giving up and doing a splash and dash. I think a ballast penalty should be in order for whoever said the race is going to be 16 laps.

And accidents happens Dave, if you're Verstappen it happens every second race! I almost destroyed Bacchulum's race with a brain-fade before my last pit-stop.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 12:08:52 AM »
Qualified 4th in the GT3s which wasn't bad. DC and Killa were slow off that start but I didn't feel confident going between the two of them on cold tyres so I eased off, but Jeremy and Freezer had that confidence and went up on the middle losing me 2 places right off the bat.

The GT3 pack was quite tight for a few laps and I had some good battles with Shayne. Guessing he ran lower aero as he had the pace on the straights. Even when I got a better run and got along side I couldn't make the pass stick. We traded places several times due to small mistakes. I got past and started to make some ground on Shayne but at the 20-25 min mark I spun myself around and ended up facing the wrong way on the track. I quickly reversed onto the grass and avoiding hitting the barrier. Had to wait for Shayne and Arron to go by before I could rejoin safely.

I started putting in some good laps until flying through the Porsche curves to find Shayne stationary across the track. I didn't even have time to brake and t-boned him at full speed wrecking my car. The suspension had gone and I did spend a few moment wondering if I could limp back to the pits but I could see a lot of cars coming on the track map and I needed to turn around so decided just to escape to the pits. That picked up a 40 second penalty and I came out a lap down.

Rest of the race was pretty consistent. Spent quite a long time behind Arron; being a lap down I didn't want to put too much pressure on him so kept backing off until eventually I got a good run down the straight so made a pass. Had to jump in the pits for a quick splash and dash at the end as didn't have enough fuel. (Thanks Wally)

Despite being a lap down I wanted to finish the race. I know other people could have retired so I may as well finish and pick up what points I could.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:11:04 AM by Joe »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 07:41:05 AM »
Wally, Can you have a look at my attempt to pass Dave O on the Mulsanne straight, to me it looked like he shunted me off the track on purpose destroying my car and ending my race.
I will take a look over the next couple of days.

Had to jump in the pits for a quick splash and dash at the end as didn't have enough fuel. (Thanks Wally)
You could look at it a bluff... if I hadn't fallen for the same bluff myself :) I underestimated the race pace in my calcs.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 09:13:20 AM »

Had to jump in the pits for a quick splash and dash at the end as didn't have enough fuel. (Thanks Wally)
You could look at it a bluff... if I hadn't fallen for the same bluff myself :) I underestimated the race pace in my calcs.
Also kcender got to the line with 49 seconds to go or so, which means the race lasted almost 67 minutes, I think

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »

Never
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rexology

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 04:17:46 PM »

Wally, Don't worry about it as Dave O has apologised.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal