Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R7: New Jersey Motorsport Park Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S21R7: New Jersey Motorsport Park Post-Race Chat  (Read 13792 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S21R7: New Jersey Motorsport Park Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 05:26:30 PM »
It's definitely time for a new car. :-*

Hear hear. I've never disliked a car so much that I've pretty much abandoned a season, but with some illness mixed in I just couldn't get motivated to join in this season. Roll on the next.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 05:48:33 PM »
Bit surprised no-one joined me on the hard tires for the second race, it was the faster tire in my opinion. Unlike the first race the front tires got warm enough to be sticky, I could see how my laptimes were dropping lap by lap compared to the drivers in front of me. Sadly had to disconnect due to poor internet.

Race one was fun, got stuck behind Dadio and Simone and had a good battle to pass them. Again the harder tire helped during the second half of the race but the cold temperatures of race one gave a lot of understeer, even more than usual for the "POS".
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 05:54:03 PM by Mael »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 06:05:26 PM »
Very good guys,good race and congratulations to Matt for the big win!! In race one i think i did ok and in a circuit so short with 10 cars in one sec you expect a hard race.I managed to finish the race in one piece and ahead of Wally,,,thats it!!

Race number 2 it was all diffrent,i gave everything in the first race in terms of mental and physical fitness :-* so i was tired and again Wally cracked me open......noooooooooooooooooo!!

Thx Wally to have the strenght and the will to keep going on organizing tueasdays nights.....XGN Assetto Corsa Races!!!!  FasterXGN!!!!

;D ;D 

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 07:37:08 PM »
Might post a full review later, Just wanted to jump on for two quick things.

1. Sorry to killagorilla if I messed up Race 1.  Keith was a bit slow onto the straight but I wasn't quite in a position to pass into T1 and tapped his rear and was trying to leave room for him to rejoin.  Suspect this left you nowhere to go.
Yeah, you slowing down there caught me completely by surprise...no time to react...went off track and came to a halt facing traffic...shit spot to get back on track anyway...and thought: Beer now...or coming in last...and then starting the second race with some ballast from behind.
I actually thought Keith has made a mistake there and he would let you pass. Didn't realise you were running into him. I think he's had a moment before as well and that was the reason why we were suddenly right behind him. Bad luck for me.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 08:09:37 PM »
Bit surprised no-one joined me on the hard tires for the second race, it was the faster tire in my opinion. Unlike the first race the front tires got warm enough to be sticky, I could see how my laptimes were dropping lap by lap compared to the drivers in front of me. Sadly had to disconnect due to poor internet.

Race one was fun, got stuck behind Dadio and Simone and had a good battle to pass them. Again the harder tire helped during the second half of the race but the cold temperatures of race one gave a lot of understeer, even more than usual for the "POS".
Interesting to hear that the hard tyres came good in the latter stages of the race. I was tempted to try them, but chickened out when I saw my slower initial lap times.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 09:15:18 PM »
Race 2 - Russ and Shayne had a side-to-side contact which sent Russ off track – racing incident as no driver was clearly at fault (maybe fractionally more Russ as he was the one trying to make the pass, but he ended up worse off anyway).
Wally I agree it's a racing incident, but have to disagree with being more at fault. I was on the inside, holding my line and not drifting towards the outside at all. Shayne turned in and contact was made with the front of my car level with Shayne's front wheel.

R1. Was going well. Settled into 3rd place after a handful of laps. Phil.8 reeled me in and I had a good time trying not to make any mistakes to keep him behind. With about 3 laps to go, Matthew and Kcender were off the track and suddenly I was P1  ;D The Crewchief popped up and said "Pit this lap". I looked at fuel and I had 1.5 laps of fuel left but 2 laps to go. I reluctantly backed off the pace and ran out of fuel about 30 metres from the line. Rolled across to still snag 5th place.

R2. The incident with Shayne put me last. I had fun trying to pass Dave O, Jamie and Dadio with the restrictor ruling out any passes on the straights. After that I think it was Wally, ab156 and Bacchulum way in the distance. I was slowly gaining but was never going to get there.

I didn't mind this car, but looking forward to whatever the next season brings us ...
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 10:06:31 PM »

Interesting to hear that the hard tyres came good in the latter stages of the race. I was tempted to try them, but chickened out when I saw my slower initial lap times.
My experience was that on mediums I set my best times in the 2nd last lap of both races . . . so no drop off!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 02:18:27 PM »

My experience was that on mediums I set my best times in the 2nd last lap of both races . . . so no drop off!
Agree with it for the first race, too cold for hards.  But for the last race the 2nd last lap were a bit of an outlier compared to the neighboring laps. I decree it was talent over grip.   :P

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 05:27:54 PM »
Mediums were fine in race 2. ;)
My best lap was 1:01.2 on lap 9, lap 25 was a 1:01.3.
Never broke the 100 degree barrier. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 07:20:45 PM »
Mediums were fine in race 2. ;)
My best lap was 1:01.2 on lap 9, lap 25 was a 1:01.3.
Never broke the 100 degree barrier. 8)
Crew chief telling me every couple of laps "cold tyres all round" on the last turn. Must be a bug, I looked each time, both left tyres were about 93-98, lol. In other parts of the track I'd get "right tyres are cold"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal