Xtreme Gaming Network

S241R3 - Imola Race Chat

Author Topic: S241R3 - Imola Race Chat  (Read 11871 times)

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
Re: S241R3 - Imola Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 12:57:45 PM »
Good night again for me. I'm sure this luck will run out soon  ;D

Race 1 started 3rd but Bacculum had an awesome start up the side of me. Tried to box him in as he had Phil moving slower infront but didn't work. A couple of laps in got caught out with Bacculum braking earlier than I expected taking me off line and wide onto the grass but luckily only lost one place to killa. Several laps then chasing down killa until I got a good run out of the final turn and got side by side down the straight. I was over to the right of the track and killa suddenly veered into me putting me in the wall, but I escaped with just a broken windscreen and red front. Killa quit after that; not sure how you saw that one killa, but I double checked the replay and still looked how I thought it was. Was down about a second a lap with the damage but had a bit enough gap to ab behind and Bacculum doing his gearbox gifted me 3rd.

Race 2 ab got past at the start and I was able to take the place back a few laps later. I could see kcender ahead but couldn't keep up but he was nice enough to hit a wall and kill his car. ab and Phil seemed to be having a battle behind allowing to get a bit of a gap which I was able to keep. I backed off on the last few laps with the tyres going off but kept an eye on the distance to Phil taking my 3rd Tuesday win  8)

Qualy went not too bad for me...still, I was >0.5s in the minus on my last lap till I managed to f** it up at the last turn...you're really a champ Killa ;-)

I just figured you can adjust the strength of the FFB effects in AC...believe it or not all 3 FFB effects were on 0% all the time since I started racing on AC...so, well, there's something happening now in my wheel after cranking these numbers up...feel like an idiot.
Don't understand why they are putting them on 0% as per default...doesn't make sense to me.

Joe, at the time of the contact we were going pretty much the same speed. I estimated your nose to be behind my rear wheel, maybe even entirely behind me. Of course I was trying to position myself as far right as possible for this turn so I moved very slowly right, closer to you. However, I misjudged it, thought you would still have enough space...it was a very slight contact, but it completely f** it up for me.

As we were not really going properly side-by-side, but you had the nose just a tad to my side I could have hoped you let me take the ideal line just because it may have ended up in a drama at the exit anyway. Yeah, you didn't, but went for it. Still went a lot better for you than for me.
So the "suddenly veered right" doesn't really sound right to me (watched the replay too), but I would still take the blame for it.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 04:10:02 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 02:54:26 PM »
Joe, at the time of the contact we were going pretty much the same speed. I estimated your nose to be behind my rear wheel, maybe even entirely behind me. Of course I was trying to position myself as far right as possible for this turn so I moved very slowly right, closer to you. However, I misjudged it, thought you would still have enough space...it was a very slight contact, but it completely f** it up for me.

That's interesting as for me, and even in my replay we were fully along side each other. Are you running helicorsa? Pretty sure helicorsa showed us fully alongside too so maybe some lag somewhere. I was lucky to get away with it. Sorry it ended your race dude.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 04:01:27 PM »

That's interesting as for me, and even in my replay we were fully along side each other. Are you running helicorsa? Pretty sure helicorsa showed us fully alongside too so maybe some lag somewhere. I was lucky to get away with it. Sorry it ended your race dude.

That's really interesting. Based on what I see in my replay you're definitely not alongside me...my rear wheel touched your front wheel (again, I actually thought you were further back) and you did have a bit more space to your right as well - pretty much half a car width worth of bitumen...and looking really closely it seems you were moving a bit towards me before the contact. I've got 2 screenshots showing it perfectly, but don't know how to insert them here. If you were alongside me I would have seen you as I've got about 160deg FOV.
Well, maybe I've got a bit more luck next time...getting more relaxed about these things...just shut the c** down and do something else.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 06:12:14 AM »
Apologies for whoever I hit at the last corner of race 1, lap 1. However I would advise if you do spin in the middle of a pack of cars to remain stationary until everybody passes. Once you started moving I had no chance of avoiding you.
Sorry, that was me. I was left stuck facing the wrong way in the middle of the track, and I was trying to clear the track by driving onto the grass.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal