Xtreme Gaming Network

Video Test: Formula Abarth @ Silverstone

Author Topic: Video Test: Formula Abarth @ Silverstone  (Read 19650 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Video Test: Formula Abarth @ Silverstone
« on: July 05, 2014, 05:35:23 PM »
  [youtube]Od_Z70ZaMA8[/youtube]

I tried recording a video of a race last Thursday night between Marty, Dick and I.  I don't know why Marty kept talking to himself during the race though  :P  Anyway, after much stuffing around I finally was able to edit it and upload to Youtube.

We were trying out the Tatuus Formula Abarth.  I think between multiple encoding/video conversions/YT it's lost a bit of quality.  See what you think, I might try recording Tuesday's races.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:06:23 PM by Glen73 »

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Video Test: Formula Abarth @ Silverstone
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 06:12:01 PM »
Do you use the 'look back' function?
Well done!
I bloody crash when I use 'look left/right'.
I'm a mirrors only man. ;)

BTW
The video was cool, commentry sucked. :P :-*

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 06:31:48 PM »
The video's good. I don't like the look back/sideways - I never use it. It jumps about too much. It's good to see it from your point of view - I can see just where you're getting the power down. Is this shadowplay? Can you record a whole race with that?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 07:25:41 PM »
Because of my FOV I normally can't see any of the car mirrors in most cars, so I have gotten into the habit of using the "look back/sideways" a lot.  The virtual mirror just doesn't look right - it has some sort of fish eye view to it.

I used OBS - Open Broadcasting Software.  It's not very system intensive which is good, but being open source it's not very user friendly either.  Manageable with a bit of Googling though.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 07:48:20 PM »
One of the better clips I've seen! Today anyway..  :o bit long but great example of Assetto Corsa. Good stuff Guybrush!
your right, Marty does carry on. He also talks a lot on team speak.

I was pretty slow with 3 psi in all tyres. Thanks Marty. I saw you in the pits messin' with my race tyres..

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 08:59:41 PM »
One of the better clips I've seen! Today anyway..  :o bit long but great example of Assetto Corsa. Good stuff Guybrush!

I was pretty slow with 3 psi in all tyres. Thanks Marty. I saw you in the pits messin' with my race tyres..

I edited out all your "shooshing" Dick.  And the part where you started talking about your favourite rom-com's, musicals with Lisa McCune, and suede making a come back.

I was just testing to see if the quality of the vid was passable... I'll be sure to make it more interesting during the races with lots of crashing and giving other drivers the finger... not the Rolph Harris kind.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:03:06 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 09:11:21 PM »

I edited out all your "shooshing" Dick.  And the part where you started talking about your favourite rom-com's, musicals with Lisa McCune, and suede making a come back.

I was just testing to see if the quality of the vid was passable... I'll be sure to make it more interesting during the races with lots of crashing and giving other drivers the finger... not the Rolph Harris kind.

Wait a second... I thought what happened on the track stayed on the track. I can never keep on track mind you..  ::)

don't get me wrong the video is excellent. Mainly the bits with me in it... the 1st 3 corners.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »
Here's something a bit shorter with some more action for you:

[youtube]e74xIhSQD04      [/youtube]

I think I'll start recording in 1080p instead of 720p.  It doesn't matter how good the encoding is, Youtube makes a mess of it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:45:44 AM by Glen73 »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 09:40:15 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e74xIhSQD04&feature=youtu.be

I think I'll start recording in 1080p instead of 720p.  It doesn't matter how good the encoding is, Youtube makes a mess of it.

Finally at work so I've had time to watch it.  :o Weekend ended up being filled with real-life stuff! Damn it.

Great clip, Maybe, just maybe I'm not the worst driver around after all. The bit when someone flies over your bonnet is classic. Gotta laugh at this game more than get peeved at it.

Quality is very good Guybrush. how long did it take to upload the long clip?? You don't really need to push past 720p really. It's not some wildlife doco. not everyone 'needs' 4K resolution like Marty does... :P
  Where is Marty anyway? I hope we didn't cyber-bully him too much??

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 10:42:46 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e74xIhSQD04&feature=youtu.be

Finally at work so I've had time to watch it.  :o Weekend ended up being filled with real-life stuff! Damn it.

Great clip, Maybe, just maybe I'm not the worst driver around after all. The bit when someone flies over your bonnet is classic. Gotta laugh at this game more than get peeved at it.

Quality is very good Guybrush. how long did it take to upload the long clip?? You don't really need to push past 720p really. It's not some wildlife doco. not everyone 'needs' 4K resolution like Marty does... :P
  Where is Marty anyway? I hope we didn't cyber-bully him too much??

Last I heard is that Marty was spending hours practicing at Silverstone trying to figure out how you were able to hold it flat through Copse.

A good thing 720p is OK as my system starts to chug trying to record above that.  It would be a lot easier if Kunos made the replay file a lot bigger and then you could switch cameras/drivers.

Took about 2 hours to upload the long one on my Ultra Fast 100 kb/s upload speed.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 11:22:05 AM »

Last I heard is that Marty was spending hours practicing at Silverstone trying to figure out how you were able to hold it flat through Copse.

I knew that would rattle him.
I can go flat through Copse cause my entry speed is about 140kmh less than you guys.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 12:48:49 PM »
Yea the cyber bullying has got to me so f you all  ;), actually just been a bit busy and not home much.

Yt does have a habit of butchering quality so I found you do need to give it pretty hq original footage to avoid it turning to complete crap. If you give it highly compressed footage even if it looks ok by the time yt re butchers it the video will look like crap.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 03:57:51 PM »
Welcome back Marty!
Speaking of crap youtube clips.. These are my 1st clips ever.. nothing to do with AC. but thought I'd share cause I'm bored.
One is a short bike clip and one of me getting tattooed.. until the battery went flat.

WARNING! you will see me in these clips! I doubt I look like what you'd expect!

Bike
[youtube]fz3CvDIIXbg
[/youtube]

Tattoo
[youtube]V4RdopdJhu4[/youtube]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:53:57 PM by Glen73 »

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 04:14:51 PM »
Ha, how's the happiness at 2.06 in the second vid Dick?  You look like you're about to either pass-out or destroy someone!

Good vids.  What format do you save them in and what do you use to edit them?  I'm using Avidemux - very basic but it works well with .mp4 and best of all, it's free.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 04:30:04 PM »
Ha, how's the happiness at 2.06 in the second vid Dick?  You look like you're about to either pass-out or destroy someone!

Good vids.  What format do you save them in and what do you use to edit them?  I'm using Avidemux - very basic but it works well with .mp4 and best of all, it's free.

I think i was getting a bit fed up with my knee cap being needled over and over! The tattooist is a friend of mine. He likes to make me hurt!

I think I was just using the editing software for GoPro (which both clips are filmed with) i think it's called Cineform. it's free but pretty basic. Then moved onto premier elements. Which is only $140 compared to the $1600 full version of premier, which I now have as well  8)
Premiere elements is actually quite adequate.
It's the capturing I need to sort out. I've got shadow play but it says I need a 3.4 processor at least.. i could overclock my q6600 to 3.4, but it might only be for a few seconds...

EDIT, they would have been recorded at 1080p at 30fps.
except the time lapse stuff which is still done with the gopro but it takes stills. forgot the exact format but it is equivalent to 780p when made into a MP4.
they are both uploaded as Mp4s
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:54:30 PM by Dick Forrest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal