Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 4: Silverstone International race chat

Author Topic: Season 3 round 4: Silverstone International race chat  (Read 46197 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Season 3 round 4: Silverstone International race chat
« on: September 30, 2014, 11:53:20 PM »
After looking at the numbers and the results, I've taken what I think Bird suggested last week, and rather than baseline the lap times on the slowest, I've baselined them on the average.  (This is exactly how the ballast was calculated in netKar). This means that if you were faster than the average, you get a slightly slower car (or as closely as the difference in car speeds allows). If you were slower than the average, you get a slightly faster car. This way, everyone gets moved a little closer to the league average, closing up the field. Since the list below is sorted from slowest to fastest driver, the average is roughly the middle of the list. So the top (slower) half of the list get slightly faster cars, while the bottom (faster) half get slightly slower cars.

So here are the car allocations for this round.

FlattopElise SC S2Exige 240R S3
GrubbetExige ScuraExige 240R S3
Dave OElise SC S2M3 E92 Step 1
SchmittezBMW 1MM3 E92 Step 1
PhilBMW 1MExige 240R
GWyarElise SC S2M3 E92
RPMElise SC S1BMW 1M
Rob [Team MRT]BMW 1MM3 E92
BacchulumElise SCElise SC S1
ImperiousElise SC S1Elise SC S2
Peter ReidElise SCElise SC S1
KrahlElise SCElise SC
Vipergod [Team MRT]Exige 240RExige 240R
Dick Forrest [CramDick Racing]Exige 240R S3Exige 240R S3
Enforcer-JExige 240RM3 E92
Guybrush Threepwood [Achilles Heels]Z4 E89 S1Z4 E89 S1
FreezerElise SCElise SC
EdWoodElise SCElise SC
Wally [TKO Racing]Elise SCElise SC
Ysu [TKO Racing]Elise SCElise SC
Marty [Achilles Heels]Elise SCElise SC
MopzExige 240RElise SC S1

* If you didn't race this round, you stay in the car that was last allocated to you:
Crimespree            lotus_elise_sc
Gratulin            lotus_elise_sc_s2
Rolz                bmw_1m
Thndr                bmw_m3_e92
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:56:36 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 4: Silverstone International race chat
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 12:11:56 AM »
Entry List

1. Wally, TKO Racing
2. Bird, TKO Racing
3. Mopz, Aliens heel FREE SPOT
4. Enforcer-J, Aleph Null Ltd
5. Dick Forrest, Cramdick Racing
6. Cramjet, Cramdick Racing
7. Rob
8. Marty, Aliens heel
9. Dave O
10. Bacchulum, Aleph Null Ltd
11. Peter Reid
12. Grubbet
13. Gwyar
14. Gratulin
15. Krahl
16. Freezer
17. crimespree
18. Schmittez
19. RPM
20. Insomniac (Davo)
21. EdWood
22. Vipergod
23. Imperious
24. Phil

Reserves
G0rgak (every race when possible)
azitiz
Rolz

Guybrush is away for 1 week.
RPM is in for Rolz, who's out for the rest of the season (assuming Thndr's wheel is not ready).
Enforcer-J is in for Flattop for this round only.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 05:21:18 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:27:48 AM »
Looks a bit more interesting Wally but I think maybe a few more guys should get elise s1 and s2 who are in the sc.

There is about a second between the 3 and I think maybe me and guy should get the standard sc and anyone else with .5 laptime wise in the SC last round. Then the s1 or s2 for those .5 to 1 sec slower as it will bring the front of the pack closer that way and its no a huge boost in the other versions.

Also not too sure about the skin method as all the cars I saw pretty much all looked the same. The z4 stood out but even using default skins with some variety while keeping all cars of a certain type in different shades would work better then lots of green cars I think.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:45:38 AM »
Looks a bit more interesting Wally but I think maybe a few more guys should get elise s1 and s2 who are in the sc.

There is about a second between the 3 and I think maybe me and guy should get the standard sc and anyone else with .5 laptime wise in the SC last round. Then the s1 or s2 for those .5 to 1 sec slower as it will bring the front of the pack closer that way and its no a huge boost in the other versions.

Also not too sure about the skin method as all the cars I saw pretty much all looked the same. The z4 stood out but even using default skins with some variety while keeping all cars of a certain type in different shades would work better then lots of green cars I think.

Everyone was in the same car!
Just give it a chance. There was only 9 varieties last night. There was a few blue and red cars not on the grid at all.
I think the shade of greens worked well. Just so happens there was 6-8 of you all in the same car. Maybe cause I can see the other colours in my head. When I looked at the times during qualifying it was good to see the colour panels starting to go in order from fast cars (red) mid (blue) to slow (green)
If I just did all the 13 cars varieties one colour then it would get hard to tell them apart.
As it is now, its peppermint to fire truck orange.

I think you'll be disappointed in the default skin choices. Sure the Elise's have tons to choose from but the others don't I think the BMWs have a choice of 3.

But I do indeed need to fix up the zip files.
after Bird's teachings last night I'll be able to update just .DDS files in the future if any changes. and I'll be able to get them to install directly to the right file.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:50:47 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 10:17:29 AM »
Quote from: marty link=topic5.msg7980#msg7980 date=1412116068

The thing is, I have a spread sheet that does it by the numbers. It's not a gut feel thing.

I agree about the skins. I appreciate Dick's effort, but it did look a bit samish. We could give it another go.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 11:33:36 AM »
Should be interesting for Guybrush.. driving a Z4 E89 S1

EDIT, oh.. the Z4 e89 s1 is an actual car! I thought it was two different car models.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:37:14 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 01:17:02 PM »
The thing is, I have a spread sheet that does it by the numbers. It's not a gut feel thing.

I agree about the skins. I appreciate Dick's effort, but it did look a bit samish. We could give it another go.

Yea I know there is a method your using just to me it seems a few too many are in the sc and there is about a second between these few people race pace wise. Which seems to me would be a good opportunity to put more people into the s1 and s2 to let them gain a little time and put all these people a little closer.

I am enjoying the series though and it will be quite a different race as I cant imagine any elise getting pole or winning a race at the remaining tracks.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »

EDIT, oh.. the Z4 e89 s1 is an actual car! I thought it was two different car models.

I think it's the same one I had last night.  But it doesn't really matter as I'm going to be away anyway so the hello kitty mobile will probably make an appearance the round after.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 01:32:43 PM »

I think it's the same one I had last night.  But it doesn't really matter as I'm going to be away anyway so the hello kitty mobile will probably make an appearance the round after.

Well if Mopz is taking your spot next week, he's going to have to use your car. And go at your pace. Just to keep it all fair.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 05:01:56 PM »
Wally I just tried to load the practice server but it just hung on load, It does have clients 25/29 which is odd and also only 24 pit slots at Silverstone. Probably best to just make it a no book server with a car list from this round that anyone can jump in with the password and pick the car they should be in.

If you prebook more then 24 people whoever has car slot 25 wont be able to start anyway as the car will spawn off map and this likely causes this error. Still I dont see how it has 25/29 maybe you have max clients at 29 with 25 cars in the entry list which would cause that but even as is the server hangs on me while loading car 25 needing task manager to kill AC.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 05:04:11 PM »
No rush Wally but I think I have not been added back into the entry list on the practise server. cheers.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 07:58:56 PM »
After reading numbers on the Australian Bureau of Statistics for work today, I realised that I should work out the difference to the median lap time, not the mean. The median is the time where half the people are faster and half are slower, which isnot necessarily the average time. Anyway, having taken this into account, there are minor adjustments to some people's cars in the first post.

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 08:11:22 PM »
Hey Wally, put me on reserve please.
I am having sooooo many issues with my net that i am causing carnage
Will probably sit the rest of season out

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 08:15:28 PM »
No rush Wally but I think I have not been added back into the entry list on the practise server. cheers.

Server back up with revised grid. 24 cars, my bad.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 09:48:06 PM »
I've done a 1:17.7 in the Elise so far.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal