Xtreme Gaming Network

REAL TRACK - Suzuka International Circuit [UPDATED 1.1]

Poll

How do you rate this track for league racing?

1) Flawless - as good as an AC track
1 (14.3%)
2) Really good - would love to use this in a league race
5 (71.4%)
3) It's OK - would like to use this in a league race, but I've seen better
0 (0%)
4) Sub-par - it works, but it's a bit blah
1 (14.3%)
5) Woeful - full of issues
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: REAL TRACK - Suzuka International Circuit [UPDATED 1.1]  (Read 13802 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
REAL TRACK - Suzuka International Circuit [UPDATED 1.1]
« on: October 29, 2014, 03:44:02 PM »
EDIT: Changed download link to latest version from Malago.

https://malagoligarage.wordpress.com/2015/01/18/suzuka-circuit-update-v-1-1/

Vote:
2=(you think layout close enough to real track for league race)AND(no technical problems)
3=(you don't like layout)OR(there are technical problems)
4=(you don't like layout)AND(there are technical problems)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:04:33 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: REAL TRACK - Suzuka International Circuit - Rating
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »
Don't make me say it Mr Gratulin... that other awesome RL track starting with S..

I forgotten half these tracks yet I've installed them at some stage.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 09:44:33 PM »
Came across this rather obvious codies rip.  ::) But looks better then the other versions I tried

[youtube]OHqBCkIHzjU[/youtube]

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qefogwwz9nhjgjg/ac_suzuka_v.1.0.rar

Just dloading atm so havent tried it yet.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 10:42:42 PM »
Gave that version a go and as far as conversions go its as good as it gets, everything works with 30 grid spots, proper timing, MP pit works, 3d grass, good textures and runs fine with 30 AI so no performance issues. For me it ticks all boxes and I have to find out who made this as they may have made a few others to the same 1.0 standard. It really doesnt need anything else, there could be some holes but others can find them I try to stay on track.

Only issue I found was the posts in the last chicane after you hit them will somehow stay upright at another point in the chicane, when I tested them I moved them both into the middle of the road. It was the one corner I took a couple laps to find the brake point but really a solid conversion and if all were done to this standard we would have a lot more racks open for the league. Track surface is a little too smooth but thats the main issue with all codies tracks and the biggest advantage of official scanned tracks. The only converted mod tracks that have any bumps are the ones that have a poor 3d mesh and these bumps are there by accident in most cases.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 11:07:38 PM »
I look forward to trying this track as I really like Suzuka.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 10:04:40 AM »
Gave that version a go and as far as conversions go its as good as it gets, everything works with 30 grid spots, proper timing, MP pit works, 3d grass, good textures and runs fine with 30 AI so no performance issues. For me it ticks all boxes and I have to find out who made this as they may have made a few others to the same 1.0 standard. It really doesnt need anything else, there could be some holes but others can find them I try to stay on track.

Only issue I found was the posts in the last chicane after you hit them will somehow stay upright at another point in the chicane, when I tested them I moved them both into the middle of the road. It was the one corner I took a couple laps to find the brake point but really a solid conversion and if all were done to this standard we would have a lot more racks open for the league. Track surface is a little too smooth but thats the main issue with all codies tracks and the biggest advantage of official scanned tracks. The only converted mod tracks that have any bumps are the ones that have a poor 3d mesh and these bumps are there by accident in most cases.

I agree - this one is flawless. It's virtually as good as an AC track. It just needs a little more feel in the road surface, but as a conversion, this one's as good as it gets. I'd definitely consider this one for a Tuesday night race.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 10:33:32 AM »
Agree - it has that intangible 'atmosphere' missing from a lot of conversions and is better than the version we tried in the Cobras.

Where did this come from? I cannot find anything other than the YouTube video Marty posted.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 10:40:20 AM »
Wow.  Great track.

Only irks - and I call them that because they have no impact on the racing - is that the 3D grass is a bit too long and makes the track look unkempt, and there seems to be a lack of tyre walls compared to the real world track.

At some stage we should definitely should do a practice race on this track with pit-stops, etc. to see how it fairs.

Should there be a separate thread for this better version of Suzuka?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 10:54:19 AM »
Guybrush, I think once we test it we will change over this topic to point to the new version - if it turns out to be a legal conversion that is.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 03:10:08 PM »
It won't be. I'm sure it's an unauthorised rip :(

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 10:59:25 PM »
Guybrush, I think once we test it we will change over this topic to point to the new version - if it turns out to be a legal conversion that is.

Other then conversions with full permission of another modders scratch built work are "legal" conversions. The site with all the cars such as The Alfa, Holden etc are all illegal rips mostly from Forza. Nearly every track conversion is Codies, Forza, NFS and quite a few unauthorized rips from other modders such as the Mid Ohio track by Virtua LM. No idea where people stand on these and sure they dont belong on the official forums as they clearly state this is not to be discussed there.

A track found on a random yt video with no credits and a DL link seems to be the best way of sharing such content, nearly always its quite rubbish but like this Suzuka track at least the guy working on it did as well as possible.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 12:02:50 PM »
Updated to 1.1 - looks really good now. Wish we were sure of it's provenance...

https://malagoligarage.wordpress.com/2015/01/18/suzuka-circuit-update-v-1-1/

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 04:55:19 PM »
Updated to 1.1 - looks really good now. Wish we were sure of it's provenance...

Just about any good looking F1 circuit that is converted has an original source from codemasters. I havent seen any good non official scratch made tracks that have also been made by codies. There may be some around but very rare if any, Istanbul alfa was impressive but even that is originally based off of the codies version.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal