Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 4 Skins

Author Topic: Season 4 Skins  (Read 42746 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Season 4 Skins
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 05:16:09 PM »
These skins are very conservative!

Hey Dick, how'd you fix my cobra skin?
When it went dull.
I've got the same issue with the P4/5 ???

Hi Mr Bacchulum. If you haven't sussed it yet, there is a alpha channel that you need to delete.. I can explain where /how if you use photoshop otherwise I'd just be guessing..
Ah, so you deleted the alpha channel.
I worked out to paint it white where the gold is, that worked. ;)
Thanks anyway Dick.

now worries.
make sure you drag the alpha channel to the bin, don't hit delete or you'll just be deleting layers.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 05:26:21 PM »

When it went dull.

Hi Mr Bacchulum. If you haven't sussed it yet, there is a alpha channel that you need to delete.. I can explain where /how if you use photoshop otherwise I'd just be guessing..

You dont actually need to delete any channels/layers, if you dont want to save it when saving the file just uncheck the layers you dont want and they wont be used.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 05:36:33 PM »
Dick are you able to put everyone's skins into the one zip so we don't have to buggarise around with each one?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 05:45:45 PM »
Dick are you able to put everyone's skins into the one zip so we don't have to buggarise around with each one?

Here is a properly packaged skin pack including the first 4 skins, just extract to main Assetto Corsa directory.

https://mega.co.nz/#!aQxzWaCZ!qWez8AOL4gWe1Q1bD0zq_qHPT_CgLQzhcG8lX5uFP7s

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 08:53:49 AM »

When it went dull.

You dont actually need to delete any channels/layers, if you dont want to save it when saving the file just uncheck the layers you dont want and they wont be used.

channels are totally different to layers. don't ever think they act or do the same things as layers. You can use channels to store selections and mess with RGB and a few other clever things... All of the cobras are actually one file. I think that has something like 15-20 groups and each group has up to 10 layers. As well as every single sponsor is a layer... as well as dozens of adjustment layers... So I sure know how to make layers / channels work. And simply turning off the alpha channel in this instance doesn't work for some reason. It only stops tinting everything once it's gone. You are welcome to prove me wrong though Marty!!  :D And it only does it on some cars.
  I'd rather you find out why the metal.dds files aren't working?? (eg the metal trim of everyone's cobras are plain chrome. They used to be coloured.

I is not racing much at all atm so you can shove your stinking skins...... for now..  ;)

FarCry 4 launch yesterday, just quietly.. haven't got it yet though.. but I will...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 11:58:29 AM »
Dick what format are you saving the final skins in? Also when you were shrinking the file sizes down where you using the original PDS I think is photoshop format or the already compressed dds files. I havent actualy dealt with a skin for a bit but the main thing you want to avoid is shrinking down already compressed files.

I will make some skins for the next round in JD black for me and guy but I will have to throw a kitty somewhere in there on Guys car. Otherwise he wil tear up and be too sad to drive, I think that was his reason for his off in race 2 yesterday also why he needs a week off to get over the pain of a kitty free car.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 12:24:50 PM »
Im using a NVIDIA texture tool plug in for photoshop. Which basically converts the .psd to .dds
https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

with these settings..

all from Bailys AC skin guide
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/a-guide-to-skin-modding-painting-the-bailey-way.3951/

the plug in ends up spitting them out at either 2048 x 2048 or 4096 x 4096 depending on the psd template provided. for some skins which are both way overkill. Sure if you want to do close up screen shots of the finest sponsor writing. Once it's a .DDS file i'll chop it down to 1024 x 1024 and see how it looks in game and go from there.

PS I'm still waiting for you to rate/bag my computer updates???

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 01:21:09 PM »
To make you feel better Dick, I will be putting one of my flamboyant #13s together for any future races :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »

I is not racing much at all atm so you can shove your stinking skins...... for now..  ;)

FarCry 4 launch yesterday, just quietly.. haven't got it yet though.. but I will...

Let me know when you get it and I'll get it as well so we can get down and dirty and stab people and kill them hard.  But in a non-social disorder kind of way.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 05:03:35 PM »

Let me know when you get it and I'll get it as well so we can get down and dirty and stab people and kill them hard.  But in a non-social disorder kind of way.

wow $150 for the Gold and the DLC!  May have to wait and keep playing "Day of Defeat" and AA until it drops in price?  :-[
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 06:17:20 PM »

wow $150 for the Gold and the DLC!  May have to wait and keep playing "Day of Defeat" and AA until it drops in price?  :-[

It's $42 from Green Man Gaming VIP

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 06:29:39 PM »

It's $42 from Green Man Gaming VIP

tell me more... I can see it for 59.99 on green man gaming...

edit.. right.... sign up and get the discount down to 42 bucks.  that's pretty cool seeming its what.. nearly $80 on steam
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:33:16 PM by Dick Forrest »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 06:32:23 PM »
Here's my P4/5 skin everybody:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7o8se6fydua98hd/Aleph0_37_P4-5.7z

Sorry for getting on topic. :-[

2+2=√16

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 06:34:38 PM »
Here's my P4/5 skin everybody:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7o8se6fydua98hd/Aleph0_37_P4-5.7z

Sorry for getting on topic. :-[

lol I reckon Bacchulum. And you're not a first person shooter fan either huh?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 06:49:56 PM »
I'm not a fan of any games that aren't racing. 8)
I've never, ever played a non-racing game.

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal