Xtreme Gaming Network

Car selection deadline

Author Topic: Car selection deadline  (Read 15224 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Car selection deadline
« on: March 11, 2015, 08:13:44 AM »
You have right up to the first round on Mar 24 to PM me your car selection. Remember, you can't change your car until half way through the season.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Car selection deadline
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 12:43:50 PM »
Hey Wally, is the 458 the GT3 or the Italia

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 12:53:44 PM »
Hey Wally, is the 458 the GT3 or the Italia
Italia.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 01:02:16 PM »
Here are some practice server records for the 5 cars at Nurburgring. Don't forget, this is just one track. Different cars may perform better or worse at different tracks.

ks_mercedes_190_evo2     02:13.560
ferrari_f40     02:13.729
ferrari_458     02:14.392
ktm_xbow_r     02:14.618
bmw_m3_e30_gra     02:16.625

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 08:33:15 PM »
Heh. I thought I'll give it a whirl (the new merc) at the 'ring (learning the ring as well).
So first I set a time in the F40 - it was a 7:49.1  Now this is 20s off the wr - but I'm #2 on RSR.  It was really hairy, very exciting & deadly, took me a few tries to get through.
Then I took the merc out, did the lap second time around, it's a 7:45.6,  - but I'm #32 this time, 25s off the pace.

So the big difference is that the F40 is pretty hard to get there, and not many people use it :D 

But with the F40 I often get corners after which I'm surprised to see to have gained a second - on a single corner!  So there's some big secret to this car that I cannot crack yet, I guess.  The merc felt safe & secure, and didn't want to kill me everywhere :) 

Oh and you can set the merc up in a lot of ways - I reckon it's a good strong car.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 09:07:55 AM »
Is the idea to self handicap or just pick the car your fastest in? I will need to jump on the pracy server soon and give them all a run.

I still think we should put the Robbin up as one of the choices, there is a certain guy that couldnt resist selecting that fine automobile If available  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 09:19:58 AM »
Is the idea to self handicap or just pick the car your fastest in? I will need to jump on the pracy server soon and give them all a run.

I still think we should put the Robbin up as one of the choices, there is a certain guy that couldnt resist selecting that fine automobile If available  ;D
The idea is to use whatever you like & have fun :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 09:27:49 AM »
What Bird said.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 09:28:53 AM »
Im starting to think the car mix for a non handicap season is a little too uneven. Racing the quicker guys using a dtm in anything other then a dtm once they are ahead they are gone. If you get ahead off the line you can stay ahead in the quicker cars 458, f40 but from behind a dtm unless they spin there is no hope.

I assume Bird has to be in the f40 but really I think it would work better as either a handicap season or not having a mix of race and street cars. The question is do I want mid pack battles likely taken out by people in a dtm not expecting me to brake as early as needed in the other cars or get a dtm too and we can have a season of 2 of the 3 dtm cars and Bird in his f40.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 09:58:42 AM »
Im starting to think the car mix for a non handicap season is a little too uneven. Racing the quicker guys using a dtm in anything other then a dtm once they are ahead they are gone. If you get ahead off the line you can stay ahead in the quicker cars 458, f40 but from behind a dtm unless they spin there is no hope.

I assume Bird has to be in the f40 but really I think it would work better as either a handicap season or not having a mix of race and street cars. The question is do I want mid pack battles likely taken out by people in a dtm not expecting me to brake as early as needed in the other cars or get a dtm too and we can have a season of 2 of the 3 dtm cars and Bird in his f40.  ;D

This is the "choose a car that you like to drive, and drive it for the whole season" season.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 10:31:41 AM »
Have to agree with Marty...it's really a touring  car champ unless the Ferrari can get in front which they won't as they don't have pace to get on pole...unless u run reverse grids which would make it really interesting lol...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 11:00:27 AM »
Having said that Im not going to run a dtm this season and so likely have no chance of winning giving up at least 3 seconds per lap.  ;) but at least it will spice up the racing.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 12:00:43 PM »
Guys, try to have fun instead of equalising everything.  Just this one season, ok?
If you have to win, get the fastest car.  If you want to race in the mix, get something you feel you'll have fun with.

That's all to it.  End of story.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »
Guys, try to have fun instead of equalising everything.  Just this one season, ok?
If you have to win, get the fastest car.  If you want to race in the mix, get something you feel you'll have fun with.

That's all to it.  End of story.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 01:52:46 PM »
I want to win Bird!! I want grid girls doused in champagne clambering all over me!! I want it all!! (back in your box ego!!)  :D
But I'm not sure if Simone wants to win or have fun... I think he's got just one target in mind... the rear of Birds F40!! (is the rumour true that he only wears a stetson and chaps while racing?)  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal