Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 4 Round 1 Donington Pre-race

Author Topic: Season 4 Round 1 Donington Pre-race  (Read 27327 times)

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
Re: Season 4 Round 1 Donington Pre-race
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 08:02:30 PM »
Looks like I won't make it tonight..took over an hour to get tom60 percent and I just paused it to see if when it restarted it would be quicker just gone back to 1 percent..gutted

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 08:07:43 PM »
Really upset love this track..

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 09:39:47 PM »
This was pretty darn good fun!!

The download was rubbish, I'm now finishing the upload to dropBox, so next time we can all d/l it quicker.

Sorry Dave, I've reviewed the replay and we came together indeed - and in a very weird way to be honest.  But eventually, that 2nd hit caused your off.  I felt I've left you enough room, but for some reason the cars seem to drift sideways, as I said, in a weird fashion. 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 09:57:34 PM »
Yep, really enjoyable racing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 10:32:13 PM »
Race 1 was a bit of a boring hotlap session just trying to break Birds spirit as he put down some good laps. I put in some consistant quick laps but winning race 1 was nowhere near as much fun as race 2.

Race 2 starting from the back was probably the most fun Ive had racing in AC so far. Pretty darn good racing all round with lots of side by side and 3 wide action that somehow turned out fune nearly all the way around.

Almost avoided contact all race but sadly spun Stan on the last lap. He just got in the grass on exit which slowed him a touch and tapped his rear slightly which looped him. We had a pretty epic battle for pretty much the entire race going side by side in sections I didnt think were possible. Dont even remember what place I finished maybe 4th but this was so much more fun then winning race 1.

Would love a season with 2 races in same class cars cars with race 2 being a reverse grid of a similar distance to tonights races.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 10:32:40 PM »
I was playing on this track earlier with bmw..really enjoyed driving it..was getting 1.13 1.14s what was the race pace tonight?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 10:37:09 PM »
I was playing on this track earlier with bmw..really enjoyed driving it..was getting 1.13 1.14s what was the race pace tonight?
Yep, a couple of 13's more in the 14's.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2015, 10:57:39 PM »

Well, we couldn't take the 1:12.9 WR out, but Marty got fairly close :)  Check the RSR records.

I've had a good "praccy" in the 1st race, getting used to the car with all the clear track, slowly massaging my time down to a 1:13.6 I think.
In the 2nd race there was too much action for good laptimes, but it was heaps more fun :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2015, 11:06:27 PM »

Race 1 most of my laps were around mid 13s, I couldve got into the 12s had I pushed a little harder but didnt want to bin it.  ;D

Was up for a very quick lap last lap of last race but then unfortunatly gave Stan a tap which ended that lap but yea way too much action for laptimes that race for the mpst of it. About 2 seconds a lap slower when you run a full lap side by side with Stan I think.

Im uploading a full race video from race 2, was some epic racing there from my position on track. Shame you missed out on the races Wobbly hope to race you next week at the creek. Probably best to make sure you have the track a day before incase RD gets silly slow again.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:11:37 PM by marty »

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2015, 11:12:20 PM »
Gutted I missed a good night..sounds like it was good racing..which donington always provides.....fun cars now my wheel works :) glad u had a good night guys.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2015, 11:28:20 PM »
Was the short layout, funny in Qualy I thought it would be impossible to pass here in these cars. It ended up possible but took nearly half a lap to complete the moves. But a small error loses the momentum and then your a sitting duck.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2015, 12:33:20 AM »
This was pretty darn good fun!!

The download was rubbish, I'm now finishing the upload to dropBox, so next time we can all d/l it quicker.

Sorry Dave, I've reviewed the replay and we came together indeed - and in a very weird way to be honest.  But eventually, that 2nd hit caused your off.  I felt I've left you enough room, but for some reason the cars seem to drift sideways, as I said, in a weird fashion.

np with the contact m8, had a good fun night, had some great battles, really like this car & track combination. Cheers Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2015, 12:35:49 AM »
Sorry I missed this one.  Got home at 7pm after a 28 hour transit and literally couldn't keep my eyes open as soon as I sat down.  The good news is that I'm now wide awake at 12:30am!

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2015, 02:45:36 AM »
Great write ups, bad luck wobbly
Pleased round one full of action and a success after Gratulin work.
Ps just out of the pool after a few laps and looks like it is going to be a nice day
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2015, 06:49:12 AM »
It may be a good idea to do the rest of Season 4 with the format of tonight's Race 2. ie cancel Quali for the remainder of Season 4. We can adjust the allocation of championship points keep it interesting. The idea I have is to "flatten" the points allocation table eg.

Positions 1 - 5 get 20 points
Posiitions 6 - 10 get 15 points
Positions 10 onwards get 10 points

Objective would be to allow "racing" and "finishing" to take priority over "winning".

Thursday's are about fun, close battles rather than the championship ladder. Tuesday's are reserved for "proper" league tables etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal