Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R5: Spa Race Chat (APR 28)

Author Topic: S6R5: Spa Race Chat (APR 28)  (Read 40839 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S6R5: Spa Race Chat (APR 28)
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 02:43:54 PM »
Yes to all of the above.

You can see the average AC 1.1 times for all cars here:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/car-time-ranking.22389/

(Average of the top 5% of times since 1.1)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 02:52:07 PM »
Could be some fun racing here, the 458 is quite fun can drift most corners. Actually need to force it lose into many of them with a little Scandinavian flick. Had a couple races with Dick and Rolz at least I think Dick was present I just never saw him after t1.  ;D then I think he left before the next turn as he couldn't see due to all the tears in his eyes.

Wasnt really chasing a laptime but did a low 37 which maybe could have another second in it but nowhere near Perch in the Alfa. In race that may change a bit as the thing may eat tyres but vs the Merc its pretty close overall and possible to catch and pass from behind not only be a nuisance from infront. Qualy will see all ferraris a fair way back but race pace and qualy pace is the same in these where the DTM cars and their cheating soft slicks  ;) have a huge hotlap advantage.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2015, 02:59:07 PM »
I was getting 35s on the meds..maybe squeeze a 34 out of them..haven't tried softs here yet properly as half a lap and they were red..the touring cars should have a advantage here due to all the twisty bits if u can pass the ferraris.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2015, 03:14:30 PM »
I noticed that I didnt have splits at this track in Ptracker so ran a couple hotlaps in the 458, went a little quicker and still far from a great lap but was enough for the WR. Hotlap mode is so much faster then MP and the funny thing is people complain about MP sessions being in RSR ranks.  ;D

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=341&car=10

I was getting 35s on the meds..maybe squeeze a 34 out of them..haven't tried softs here yet properly as half a lap and they were red..the touring cars should have a advantage here due to all the twisty bits if u can pass the ferraris.

Going by RSR there is about a 5 second gap between 458 and Alfa so really the 458 should have no chance, but will see if I can beat any of the quicker cars on the nite. At least the 458 doesnt feel as bad here as it did at Mugello and 2 fast sections it may do ok. Shame the start line isnt further back as there is not much room before t1.

Quite likely it may get messy at Eau Rogue, Les Combes, Blonchimont and the Bus stop if people arent aware of other cars limitations.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:23:36 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »
Here's what people have been doing on the practice server: LINK

Not much between these cars:

Marty Cerven, ferrari_458, 02:37.232
Wally, bmw_m3_e30_dtm, 02:37.489
Rolz, ks_mercedes_190_evo2, 02:37.768

The Alfas are about 4 seconds in front.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2015, 05:00:42 PM »
I ran some laps in the Alfa and did 2:33.80 on the hards and not much quicker on the softs 2:33.1, my setup is pretty average but going by that they will easily run away from it.

Rolz

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2015, 05:03:42 PM »
rats...

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2015, 07:41:19 PM »
any chance of updating the xbow, its giving chescksum error like earler in the season.

Thanks
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2015, 08:05:46 PM »
any chance of updating the xbow, its giving chescksum error like earler in the season.

Thanks

OK, I've updated the checksums on the practice server.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2015, 09:25:08 PM »
Thankyou
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2015, 09:27:19 AM »
any chance of updating the F40, too?  I'm thinking the s3....It'd give me a fighting chance.  It's still harder to drive than any of the other cars, but at least it has speed :)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2015, 10:24:29 AM »
Theres no way of putting a handicap on the alfas is there? maybe they should just agree to run full tanks and hards, something haha
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2015, 11:02:06 AM »
any chance of updating the F40, too?  I'm thinking the s3....It'd give me a fighting chance.  It's still harder to drive than any of the other cars, but at least it has speed :)

The stage 3 is about 2 seconds faster than the Alfa!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2015, 12:01:10 PM »
Theres no way of putting a handicap on the alfas is there? maybe they should just agree to run full tanks and hards, something haha
Yep, it's called ballast! One day, maybe.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2015, 12:25:52 PM »

I think running hards isnt much handicap maybe they should be forced to race with softs.  :D

It is what it is and we all got to choose our cars, choosing a slower car gives you an excuse for not winning at least which you dont get in the fastest one.   :D

I did know straight away after testing them pre round 1 the Alfa was easily the quickest anywhere and was the easy pick if you wanted to have a chance at winning the series.

I chose a car that has a slight hope in some races but giving up 3 to 5 seconds a lap is never going to be a realistic chance of fighting for the wins.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal