Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 4 Round 4 - Hockenheimring 1988 DTM - Race Chat

Author Topic: Season 4 Round 4 - Hockenheimring 1988 DTM - Race Chat  (Read 15947 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 4 Round 4 - Hockenheimring 1988 DTM - Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 07:01:28 PM »
Ive driven the modern Hockenheim ring layouts a fair bit and a few laps on the old full layout, no idea what the short version is but looks like no rain tonight so I will likely miss the race.

Does this mean I've beaten you 3 races in a row???

Your best chance for beating people Dick is if they don't turn up or if you wreck them early in the race or if their computer crashes during the race.

Its ok Dick they arent hollow victories in any way and Im sure being absent or having computer issues and crash issues caused by yourself didnt effect those results in any way.  ;)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 07:06:47 PM »
Server's Up

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 10:01:04 PM »
Well done once again Dick on your triumphant victory over Marty is tonight's race.  A pity you didn't stick around for the last race as you could have made it 2 in one night.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 10:38:56 PM »
First race was probably my best race to date. Managed to stay amongst other cars which is a first, I usually spin out somewhere and end up at the back. Had a few laps with Dave behind me and eventually felt the pressure and lost control letting him past but them managed to stay pretty close to him for the rest of the race so was pretty happy with that  :)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 10:39:39 PM »
Well done once again Dick on your triumphant victory over Marty is tonight's race.  A pity you didn't stick around for the last race as you could have made it 2 in one night.
According to the championship points table Marty and Dick are equal 10th on 75 points

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Season 4 Round 4 - Hockenheimring 1988 DTM - Race Chat
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 10:42:46 PM »
Not the best circuit for racing. Hopefully Prato gives some better battles next week. Still had fun even though I went into Race 2 with only my Qual fuel load  :'(

But the BMW M235i sure drives nice around pretty much any track!

I have put up Blackwood Reloaded on the Thursday practise server. Please give the UHD version a try for those with 4k monitors.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:57:37 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 10:54:41 PM »
The circuit itself was fun in these cars, with some good sweeping corners, but very hard to pass on. The first race was good, but the reverse race was difficult. I made several mistakes and had a few offs - it was more frustrating than fun, probably because of the lack of real passing opportunities in such even performing cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 07:37:07 AM »

Thanks Guybrush!
  I don't know, Maybe I missed Marty too much. I just wasn't feeling it. The track.. I don't know if I loved or hated it. Was maybe a bit on the dull side, needed some chicanes and was pretty darn narrow. Again humbled by the size of the balls the blokes must have had in real life on this track.  My concentration is minimal at best of times. Really need to be in form on these sprint tracks or mistakes cost huge chunks of road. Road filled with other cars.
For some reason I think the cobra's would be fun on this track.

According to the championship points table Marty and Dick are equal 10th on 75 points

Oh it's shaping up to be one hum-dinger, edge of your seat, season. I will bask in the glory for years to come. I will be seen as hero to my peers. Marty must be feeling the pressure.... Pressure to cancel tennis.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 08:49:07 AM »

Oh it's shaping up to be one hum-dinger, edge of your seat, season. I will bask in the glory for years to come. I will be seen as hero to my peers. Marty must be feeling the pressure.... Pressure to cancel tennis.

I will see if I can do that, I dont mean just my tennis on a Thursday nite but the game entirely for everyone.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 09:54:29 AM »
It was a great race, wasn't it (actually they were both good, even with the hiccups in the 2nd one) Historical first race: the 2nd time I've legally beaten Guy - with his own setup, again!

These cars are still really nice to drive, still, they love going around corners, and it's almost too hard to turn them around (Well, Guy still managed to!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal