Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday May 7th 'tween Seasons...

Author Topic: Thursday May 7th 'tween Seasons...  (Read 15052 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday May 7th 'tween Seasons...
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 05:19:01 PM »
Setups as per our resident engineer, GB, http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=311.0 for the Cobra

hmm we need an Alfa setup, may be a pTracker job.  ;D

I'm not sure how old the Shelby setups are.  I haven't driven them seriously for a while.  Anyway, might be a starting point.

Do they go off? like tinned meat left in the sun?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 05:40:21 PM »
You boys! lot
In hope the server is okay. on my way home and haven't had time to check.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 11:19:46 AM »
Thanks for last night Bruce.  Was a good mix up of cars.  The Alfa's at Silverstone National were fun as well.

First race l had in the Alfa my gearing way too short, and to top it off I ran out of fuel.  But it was fun never-the-less.  Well done Wally on holding off the wolves at your tail by a few seconds!

Second race was interesting.  Good fun in the Cobra - it felt like an animal compared to the Alfa, but set out after the Alfa's and got around the first time to un-lap all OK.  Unfortunately the second time I cam up on them I went around the outside of Gratulin at the final corner and we collided.  Sorry Gratulin - probably could have waited but if there's a reasonable chance to pass I have to take it and didn't know how far in front the leader was.  I gave room on the inside, but unfortunately the understeer on the Alfa took you into me.  Anyway, got going again so all was well and finished just in front of Rob(?).

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 12:07:53 PM »
Sorry for the late report...

Firstly great idea GB, it made for a fun night with some very tough driving.

I checked my speed around the track in both cars and found I was ~25 difference and hence the 10 laps.
Started to worry at the line, but quickly realised the leading times still matched the ~25 sec diff.

Enjoyed both cars at the track and being the the hunted and the hunted, what a change jumping into the Cobra after the Alfa, hope you all had as much for as myself...  this type of event needs to run again and using one of auspacer's handicap systems, calculating the handicap time from qual for the race staggered start.

See you next week at Blackwood Reloaded and hope fulling in our own liveries if available in time.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 02:39:50 PM »
Next week? Ok I'll finish up this weekend on the skins... i hope

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 02:48:33 PM »
Next week? Ok I'll finish up this weekend on the skins... i hope

Thanks Dick, but please keep in mind, Thursdays are Fun Season, we can the skins as time goes on.  Enjoy your weekend first.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2015, 05:19:52 PM »
All good Guybrush. A bit of a miscalculation on my part. I thought you knew I was the lead Alfa car since Wally was continually reading out his gap to the Alfas. Therefore I was doing my best to block you coming through and thought you realised that and would give me a wide berth given that you had caught everyone in about 2 laps :))

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2015, 06:14:57 PM »
All good Guybrush. A bit of a miscalculation on my part. I thought you knew I was the lead Alfa car since Wally was continually reading out his gap to the Alfas. Therefore I was doing my best to block you coming through and thought you realised that and would give me a wide berth given that you had caught everyone in about 2 laps :))

Oh, were you leading?  I thought Rob must have been as when I got going again he was in front and I couldn't remember passing him before.  Yeah, if I knew you were the last one left to pass I would have waited some more, but because of the small gap between Wally and you in the first race I thought it was going to be tight.

I normally zone-out during a run so don't really take notice of much.  Easiest way to put me off is just talking to me, hehe.  Although I've become used to ignoring Marty ;)

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 07:54:58 PM »
It's actually been about 2 months since I last raced Assetto Corsa, so good to be back.

My performance was quite a bit better in the Silverstone race. I had forgotten to
load my controller profile in the previous 2 races, no wonder I found the cars a bit
harder to control. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal