Xtreme Gaming Network

Kart Racing | Pro League?

Author Topic: Kart Racing | Pro League?  (Read 15524 times)

Offline ThyMelman

• Graphic Designer - thydesigns
    • View Profile
Kart Racing | Pro League?
« on: July 25, 2015, 03:14:41 PM »
Hey guys, not sure how many of you know about 'Kart Racing Pro' but KRP is the only hardcore simulator of proper karting that is out to the public at the moment.

KRP has had its many flaws but its 14th Beta build came out yesterday, and it appears that the netcode has been improved quite abit. Netcode was really what this game has been lacking in terms of game mechanics eg; lap times not registering/lagging with 8 or more people in a server, large warps, etc etc. Everything you would expect from a beta build. The game has also just been released onto Steam Greenlight, so Steam support will come soon enough for the 1.0 build in 2016.

But what is also lacking is a solid racing league in Australia. Awhile ago (beta 4/5/6) I used to participate in the Realism Racing League but we really didn't have the numbers to make a competitive league. Then there was the SKWC World league which was run from the US of A which had 20+ keen drivers. Netcode & bugs had limited this series to the point where this league stopped its racing, but with this new build, things may change.

What I am asking of you all is, would there be any interest in you guys looking into KRP? Karting has always been the backbone of all professional racing & those who have raced karts know exactly what I am talking about. I know theres some good talent within XGN and this could be a great sim experience, something just a little different.

Here is the website if you are interested to have a look: http://www.kartracing-pro.com/

Basic features:
- automotive industry-standard tyre model
- chassis flex simulation
- dynamic track surface groove buildup
- wet track simulation and dynamic drying
- dynamic marbles generation
- tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
- user-selectable driver gestures
- output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
- a plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated kart
- LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
- support of custom paint schemes for kart, helmet and suit
- full modding is possible: advanced users can build new tracks, karts, engines, helmets, ... and integrate them with the provided tools

To further expand onto the modding sides of things, there are Australian tracks that have been modded into the game (Ipswitch, Toowoomba, Todd Road (WIP), Some WA tracks aswell)

No rental kart light halfheartedness in KRP, its supposed to be a direct tool to help real life karters practice.

BTW, Im not sure if you guys are aware of the Australian produced karting title: 'Kartsim', but due to having direct connections with the Director of 'Black Delta' (Game Studio Creating 'Kartsim'), I can tell you now that look out in the very very near future  ;)

Anyways, thought I might just bring it up seeing as I know there are real life karters that are interested in racing in a proper AUS series.

Cheers,
Ryan.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:23:36 PM by ThyMelman »

Rolz

Re: Kart Racing | Pro League?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 03:19:48 PM »
Will check it out :)

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 03:48:33 PM »
Have owned this for quite some time now, although haven't played the latest build yet. Must update and try.
It's a great sim imho and if they've improved the netcode would be great fun in a league.  Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline ThyMelman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 03:50:43 PM »
100% agree with you Dave O.

Offline ThyMelman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 04:36:57 PM »
Greenlight Trailor:

Offline ThyMelman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 01:45:49 PM »

Rolz

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 03:31:42 PM »
Tried it out last night... at this point my thoughts are mixed...
Unsure to commit the 33Euro's to get Multiplayer access...

Don't really know much about go karts and their tuning... only just getting my head around car tuning in AC.

What's the difference with a front break as opposed to normal breaks?
How does one have that configured in an analogue style? or is it just on off like a handbrake?   :o

Offline ThyMelman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 04:06:58 PM »
Hey Rolz, yeah karts are quite unique when it comes to tuning.

Front brakes are used for get the front end to turn in, but they are used rarely. They are either on or off, 0% or 100% percentage just like a handbrake. To be honest, I don't even bother with the front brakes in KRP.

I can 100% understand why you are on the fence about it because if you havnt got much background in karting then it may not appeal as strongly to you due to its pretty hardcore nature.

:D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 07:31:16 PM »
Is it more realistic than Mario Kart 8?  The tyre model on that sucks compared to AC, and I'm pretty sure some of the karts and drivers aren't real.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 10:16:42 AM »
howdy ThyMelman

your email is full, not sure why... sending an email.

Bruce
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Rolz

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 11:25:35 AM »
Yeah will try it a bit more before I make a final call  :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »
Yeah will try it a bit more before I make a final call  :)
I'm not a 'kater' ahah i'm not much of a sim racer! but I do like to have fun and willing to try a few different 'games' will dl and give it a go,

there small, how hard can it be???  :P

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 02:03:42 PM »
The demo is good to try. Physics are very realistic. Not sure I would stump up money for the full version however. I'm sort of hooked on the AC "real cars, real tracks" environment.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 03:42:58 PM »
The demo is good to try. Physics are very realistic. Not sure I would stump up money for the full version however. I'm sort of hooked on the AC "real cars, real tracks" environment.

I haven't looked at the price, I though I heard €30?  But there may be some here already and maybe more in future. If Ryan wants to run this and it can run on a free AWS, it will be worth XGN giving it a go.

Offline ThyMelman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 08:38:00 PM »
Haha, as real as it gets in KZ shifters mate ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal