Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun run: GPL 67 at Watkins Glen (Boot Classic)

Author Topic: Fun run: GPL 67 at Watkins Glen (Boot Classic)  (Read 27797 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Fun run: GPL 67 at Watkins Glen (Boot Classic)
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2019, 03:36:55 PM »
The rule need not be strict, so if you win in your favourite car and really want to keep racing that car then good on you. However if you then win a second time, others may wonder if it is you or the car. Again keep driving the same car and maybe even win when everyone else is also driving that car, suggesting it is your skill and not the car.

It has always been my opinion that the true test of a driver is to win in a slower car, I think Seanus is on the right track :).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 03:39:54 PM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2019, 04:48:00 PM »
The reason to stay in the same car is partly a selfish one - it's far less work for me to find out what people want to drive every week and set the grid accordingly.

Although.....

We could use the car dealer just to automate the process of people choosing a car each week (no money involved - all cars would be free). The car dealer can automatically generate the entry list for me from peoples' car selection.

That sounds good to me. That would mean you can drive the same car all season if you want, or you can swap cars as much as you like. No restrictions on the round winners or anything like that.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2019, 05:10:07 PM »
The reason to stay in the same car is partly a selfish one - it's far less work for me to find out what people want to drive every week and set the grid accordingly.

Although.....

We could use the car dealer just to automate the process of people choosing a car each week (no money involved - all cars would be free). The car dealer can automatically generate the entry list for me from peoples' car selection.

That sounds good to me. That would mean you can drive the same car all season if you want, or you can swap cars as much as you like. No restrictions on the round winners or anything like that.

It could work, but could you make the default selection to be the previous round's car, instead of some default car?
Although this isn't essential, it's still a good idea without. :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2019, 05:12:51 PM »

Although.....

It could work, but could you make the default selection to be the previous round's car, instead of some default car?
Although this isn't essential, it's still a good idea without. :)
Yeah, your car wouldn't change unless you chose to.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2019, 05:21:22 PM »
So we don't need a rule for winning in one car only. Just a recommendation that all the better drivers, they know who they are, are encouraged to step out of their winning cars and also as the season goes on suggest which cars they have found to have better lap times so the slower drivers, they also know who we they are, can gain from the better drivers' experience.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 05:29:39 PM by GzeroD »
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2019, 06:07:43 PM »
Server's up. There are 5 of each car available. You might have to jump in and out of some different cars if there aren't enough of one model to go around.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2019, 06:17:24 PM »
I haven't even had a chance to even download the mod yet. I'll get it tonight but any suggestions. Is any one easier than the others and who has a good setup ?  :)
I've put a base setup for each car on the server. ;)
Not much, just 10-13 laps to get spring frequencies, damper ratios, gears, camber and roll centre.
Basically what I use as a starting point, then I work with the 'feel' bit.

The slow cars are easy to drive ;D but the easiest 'quick' car, for me, is the Lotus.

2+2=√16

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2019, 06:29:26 PM »
Server's up. There are 5 of each car available. You might have to jump in and out of some different cars if there aren't enough of one model to go around.

I am getting a checksum error on race server , practice is ok .

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2019, 06:34:12 PM »
Also getting checksum on race server.
On practice server I was getting in with Ferrari and Lotus 49 (patched cars) but checksum on the rest!!

(I've reinstalled 2.0 ver of mod and also the track.)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2019, 06:38:24 PM »
Also getting checksum on race server.
On practice server I was getting in with Ferrari and Lotus 49 (patched cars) but checksum on the rest!!

(I've reinstalled 2.0 ver of mod and also the track.)
I was getting the same , but after download of Birds file and install with CM I could select all cars. I also deleted all existing GPL 67 cars first.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2019, 06:40:39 PM »
same, checksum failed - but only on the live server
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 06:52:55 PM by Bird »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2019, 07:00:33 PM »
Sorry, my mistake. I've restarted the server.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2019, 07:05:26 PM »
Sorry, my mistake. I've restarted the server.
I am still getting checksum but you have allocated 40 cars, is this correct?

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2019, 07:08:38 PM »
Just installed Bird's packaged set of cars and still got checksum!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2019, 07:10:21 PM »
Fixed now - it was the track, which had had an update since we last raced here.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal