Xtreme Gaming Network

S33R7 - Tor Poznan

Author Topic: S33R7 - Tor Poznan  (Read 8537 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S33R7 - Tor Poznan
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 12:49:49 PM »
The set-up I was running if anyone wants to try, I know I used to always question if it was a set-up thing or not, pretty sure it's a slightly tweaked Bacc set.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 12:58:39 PM »
sorry to Joe for not selecting first a few rounds ago that would hampered your championship. Might be a nail biter now though, down to the wire.

All good buddy Freezer hit me and spun me last week otherwise I'd be a little further ahead. But then Mael dive bombed Phil last night and cost him some points. All part of racing  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 01:05:18 PM »
Hope that only being able to do every second round doesn't affect other championship contenders too much, sorry to Joe for not selecting first a few rounds ago that would hampered your championship. Might be a nail biter now though, down to the wire.
No sand bags in the boot helped a bit in the braking and turn-in zones I think, also trying to minimise the ABS cutting in (brake was set to 85% in set-up). R1 crap start let Mael out in front, spent the whole race trying to find away past, was an awesome race. R2/3 just tried to get a good start and then not stuff up which I almost did a couple times particularly R3. Great fun as usual, good luck on the championship, won't be racing next round unless I have something preventing me from going away to work, Thanks guys  8)
As Phil mentioned, I don't think the brake bias is great. I have to release the brakes completely before cornering, or the car just won't turn.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 01:11:05 PM »
I think a bit of trail braking "off" the ABS goes a long way

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 02:12:53 PM »

As Phil mentioned, I don't think the brake bias is great. I have to release the brakes completely before cornering, or the car just won't turn.

I found while trying to trail brake, when at the initial turn in would aim short of the apex, then the understeer would hopefully let me hit the apex. It worked for me , but most of you guys were quite a bit quicker than me so grain of salt tip.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2020, 02:53:54 PM »
Yes it generates a lot of understeer on the brake, pretty sure I reduced camber a bit too hopefully add more braking and acc traction, coast a bit more through apex

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2020, 09:00:16 PM »
I dropped nearly all the camber off the rear and reduced the front by half trying to get some traction.
Seemed to work okay, but as mentioned you really need to be off the brake to turn.

Couldn't quite extract enough pace to keep up with the lead pack.
Race one was a lengthy battle being chased by Wally who toward the end finally made his move and was past.
Race two I stuffed up at T1 with a slide that saw me at the back of the pack.  The next few laps proved exciting making a few
passes to get back to 7th.  AB was a few seconds up the road but I couldn't really make an impression.
Last race was a race long battle with AB hot on my tail.  He got very close  but I managed to drag it home just in front.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal