Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R2: Blackwood Race Chat

Author Topic: S21R2: Blackwood Race Chat  (Read 11816 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S21R2: Blackwood Race Chat
« on: February 27, 2018, 11:01:56 PM »
Mar 6: Blackwood Reloaded (2 x 22 laps)

Note this Seanus's re-reloaded version, so make sure you download from the link above even if you already have the track. This is a separate version.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S21R2: Blackwood Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 01:53:44 PM »
Weather's going to be warm to hot: 24° and 30°.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 04:57:57 PM »
Wally, sorry, but I won't be able to do this one either.
Wheel is pretty much ready to be shipped, so chances are good for race 3.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 06:24:26 PM »
Wally, sorry, but I won't be able to do this one either.
Wheel is pretty much ready to be shipped, so chances are good for race 3.
Fingers crossed!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 07:37:24 PM »
just to let you guys know: there is an infinite hole along the pit wall, exiting the last bend. (I guess it's ok as this season Wally said to look for less used tracks, and less used necessarily means a bit less polished.)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 09:05:48 AM »
just to let you guys know: there is an infinite hole along the pit wall, exiting the last bend. (I guess it's ok as this season Wally said to look for less used tracks, and less used necessarily means a bit less polished.)
Thanks Grat. I've never hit the wall there, but it's good to know it's there.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 12:32:25 PM »
Hey I'm not sure who exactly to do this myself so I was wondering if someone might be kind enough to help me out....

For practice I like to also race the AI during the week leading up to a race, I don't like just doing hotlaps solo around a track.

The problem I'm having is the AI are not very fast on this track nor were they on Donington Park. At the moment I can set the AI to 100% with 100% aggressiveness and I can run rings around them.

I assume this has something to do with the AI fast lane? But I don't know how to make improve on it.

Would someone, I assume someone who does really fast laps do an AI file pretty please?

The current AI on my PC are doing 1:12's during a race and I know that is fairly slow .
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 12:57:14 PM by Phil »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 01:29:11 PM »
I've never made an AI file, but maybe someone can help.

I've managed to inch my way into the 1:09's, but I'm still 1.2 seconds shy of Grat's 1:08.7. Turning the TC up to 4 seemed to help me, although talking to Bacchulum while he was on track with me, he said he got faster by turning TC down to 7.

Comparing my lap to Grat's, I can see that he was carrying a lot more speed through the last 2 slow corners. Maybe taking more kerb?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 02:10:59 PM »
Comparing my lap to Grat's, I can see that he was carrying a lot more speed through the last 2 slow corners. Maybe taking more kerb?
Looking at the graph, I do not see so much diff. in the last two corners, just a bit shorter on braking. I see instead a speed diff. throughout the back straight and between .7 and .8 in the graphs. It does not seem much, but that straight is damn long, so a small difference exiting the chicane can get you very far...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »
Looking at the graph, I do not see so much diff. in the last two corners, just a bit shorter on braking. I see instead a speed diff. throughout the back straight and between .7 and .8 in the graphs. It does not seem much, but that straight is damn long, so a small difference exiting the chicane can get you very far...
I improved my last 2 corners' speed by braking a little earlier and reducing understeer.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 03:34:51 PM »
Could someone have a look at my setup.

According to what I see, my camber on the tyres is really good on corners but I wanted to see what you guys think.

Let me know thx :D

I've attached it to this post.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 04:02:53 PM »
I will have a look when I have a drive later and see if its similar to what I came up with
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 05:43:55 PM »

Yep only did a handful of laps last night to remind myself of the track and managed to fall into that hole  :o

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 07:06:41 PM »
I improved my last 2 corners' speed by braking a little earlier and reducing understeer.
your best lap is on mediums, though

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 10:14:47 PM »
your best lap is on mediums, though
Phil's time in the 8s was on mediums, I'm pretty sure. Was your time set on softs?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal