Xtreme Gaming Network

Martys g27

Author Topic: Martys g27  (Read 29040 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Martys g27
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 11:48:58 AM »
Was last nite on the gta at blackwood practice server, was just getting the hang of the low powered beast. Still very drifty and lots of fast hands needed to catch the slides until on the last turn while .5 up on my pb catching the slide ripped the wheel off in my hands lol.

That's what you get for practicing for a Thursday night race!

Especially one im not even in the field for I noticed, thought I entered but am unlikely to be available most weeks. But having to work in the rain the last few days and its been pretty constant Id be surprised if any tennis club in the area isnt flooded already.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 11:54:53 AM »
Was last nite on the gta at blackwood practice server, was just getting the hang of the low powered beast. Still very drifty and lots of fast hands needed to catch the slides until on the last turn while .5 up on my pb catching the slide ripped the wheel off in my hands lol.

That's what you get for practicing for a Thursday night race!

Especially one im not even in the field for I noticed, thought I entered but am unlikely to be available most weeks. But having to work in the rain the last few days and its been pretty constant Id be surprised if any tennis club in the area isnt flooded already.

Tennis club? I think you're doing it wrong. Try a tennis racket.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 12:01:20 PM »
How would you flood a tennis racquet, surely your the one doing it wrong.  ;D

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 12:03:39 PM »
How would you flood a tennis racquet, surely your the one doing it wrong.  ;D

Quite easy.
You do the math.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 01:12:13 PM »
I think we should rename XGN to XCN. Xtreme Comedy Network.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2015, 04:31:31 PM »
Just dropped the wheel off at the shop, unfortunatly they need to send it back so probably be out for a week or 2 at least. Shame as I was looking forward to the next tuesday season and quite likely would have been free tonight.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 04:42:37 PM »
Can't you use your keyboard?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 04:48:44 PM »
Dont know how you would handle getting beaten by a keyboard player. But Im sure id suck so much and just end up crashing into everyone for some thats just regular racing but I try to do a little better.  :D

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2015, 04:55:11 PM »
Dont know how you would handle getting beaten by a keyboard player. But Im sure id suck so much and just end up crashing into everyone for some thats just regular racing but I try to do a little better.  :D

I don't know what the problem is. I was using my foxtel remote last night. Only 3 seconds off the pace

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2015, 07:23:44 PM »
 So. Did they offer a courtesy wheel at the shop?

Marty. Ok look, i know my advice has been at best, unhelpful...
It really is a bummer you are out of action for two weeks. I do have a spare wheel. it cost about $60... That's why it is spare.
I could express parcel post it to you, for about $120 postage...

Again. sorry you broke your stuff.

*hugs

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 07:22:11 AM »
Damn. I have that piece spare. Could have given it to you. Getting a new wheel out of it isn't bad though.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 03:12:05 PM »
Any update?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2015, 03:23:19 PM »
Damn. I have that piece spare. Could have given it to you. Getting a new wheel out of it isn't bad though.

Its been sent away so lets hope logitech also have a spare piece or spare wheel whichever they decide. Fingers crossed I can get into the first rnd of the p1 season but I doubt I will get it back much sooner then that of even in time for that.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2015, 04:18:56 PM »

Its been sent away so lets hope logitech also have a spare piece or spare wheel whichever they decide. Fingers crossed I can get into the first rnd of the p1 season but I doubt I will get it back much sooner then that of even in time for that.

Do they do repairs in Australia? I can imagine it will take the full 2 weeks. I'd say 3 weeks. 4 weeks I'd be getting peeved at them though. And surly it's cheaper for them to just replace your wheel, make a bit of money out of shipping.
Better a new wheel than a angry customer with a wheel that might need further repairs

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2015, 05:10:36 PM »
Well hopefully they see it and just authorise a new wheel which could get it back quickest. I doubt they do repairs here at all or even carry spare parts. If this is a common fault then likely they could keep some spares as the part is just a basic cheap plastic piece that needs to be replaced.

Seeing my g25 took a lot of abuse it was quite a suprise to see this fail so majorly in a fairly short time period. I think bolting the wheel to the desk solid does put more load through it as in the past a very drifty car I tended to just rip the wheel off the desk. Now that load goes straight back through the wheel onstead and being just a weak plastic piece this looks fairly likely to fail if anything will.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal