Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 764343 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #630 on: March 17, 2015, 12:09:13 PM »
An interesting finding about the no collisions bug:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/big-problem-with-multiplayer.22094/

Seems cars in slots 1 and 2 don't collide with each other.

That explains it when I randomly drove through a guy that wrecked in front of me. Also Nord tourist layout has collisions in the parking lot . If I leave my car parked there while away I come back and the buggers have smashed the crap out of it.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 30, 2015, 08:21:23 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/576549486455029760

Kunos: ”we don't do roadmaps.We id and plan weekly targets.Now the plan is to freeze AC until everything in there works...”
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Templates for DLC available
« Reply #632 on: April 02, 2015, 04:04:21 PM »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 21, 2015, 08:26:11 AM »
Not AC news as such...

Bad news for F1. getting sketchy about Monza now.
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-21/monza-f1-future-in-peril-italian-grand-prix/6407936

I think Bernie has got to go. He's going mad.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 21, 2015, 09:02:34 AM »
Bernie works with and for CVC who invested in buying the commercial rights to F1. Basically all Bernie is interested in is making the most money he can out of race hosting fees for his share holders, so the highest bidder wins.  That's why there are more races in rich countries and those with tradition but not the finances (such as privately owned Nurburgring) are being dropped.

I think if Monza gets dropped there will beads I've backlash.  This is just Bernie up to his old games trying to get the highest price he can from the Italians.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 21, 2015, 09:52:05 AM »
Bernie is like the mafia and hes trying to extort more from the Italians using a technique they invented. Good luck with that Bernie is all I can say, still quite likely the Italian GP will be in Mugello at least one year which would be willing to spend the money Bernie wants. Then the backlash to get Monza back will bring it back even if they refuse to pay so Monza doesnt really need to pay what f1 is asking.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 21, 2015, 11:04:08 AM »
Problem is that any backlash comes from people who don't buy Rolexes. F1 only cares about PAYING CUSTOMERS. Hence no more decent Free to Air TV coverage. Age on F1 entitlement is over :)

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 21, 2015, 11:38:14 AM »
Problem is that any backlash comes from people who don't buy Rolexes. F1 only cares about PAYING CUSTOMERS. Hence no more decent Free to Air TV coverage. Age on F1 entitlement is over :)

foxtel. Best thing I've ever wasted money on. I have got a foxtel education. You don't get that from free to air.
Besides, it's getting cheaper. If you can't justify spending 60 bucks a month on proper, entertaining programs, then stick to your cooking and house reality shows..

Best thing ever to happen to F1. You get to watch every second of practice. With commentary and special interviews and back story to teams. Never once seen anything like it on free to air.

V8 super cars have even more coverage. Like practically 24/7 coverage from a soon as they get to the paddock on Thursday through to Sunday

Free to air sux balls. There. I said it. :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 21, 2015, 04:22:05 PM »
But the TRADITIONAL way to view it is on FTA!
These new services have no soul and only get it because they pay more....
 8)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 21, 2015, 04:36:58 PM »

foxtel. Best thing I've ever wasted money on. I have got a foxtel education. You don't get that from free to air.
Besides, it's getting cheaper. If you can't justify spending 60 bucks a month on proper, entertaining programs, then stick to your cooking and house reality shows..

Best thing ever to happen to F1. You get to watch every second of practice. With commentary and special interviews and back story to teams. Never once seen anything like it on free to air.

V8 super cars have even more coverage. Like practically 24/7 coverage from a soon as they get to the paddock on Thursday through to Sunday

Free to air sux balls. There. I said it. :)

Acestream and sky f1 hd over foxtel any day, I rarely watch anything on tv other then some sports and with about 100 channels to choose from with quality streams once setup properly I have no interest in foxtel or FTA local crap.

I was watching a bit of v8's last year but now that they are mostly foxtel I couldnt care less about it. So much racing online with multiple gt series worldwide and many of these streaming live on yt or other means legitimately. Some others you may need to look for a stream such as f1 but then you can also see some support classes running.

Funny thing about Rolexes I was in a hourglass shop for work the Monday after the Aussie GP and it was packed. The owner said that it gets a bit busier after the gp weekend but I was amazed how many people were in there buying rolexes still. Need to get more friendly with the guy, trying to get him to get a gt3 car he may need some drivers for. He just bought his son a 650s but I said hed have way more fun with the race versions as licenses dont last long with our brutal speed limits.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 21, 2015, 05:00:46 PM »
Foxtel could not offer me anything that'd worth $50/mo.  Especially since anything worth my attention is in auxillary packs that cost extra.
But then I'm not interested in F1, nor have time to sit and watch the V8s for days :)  I only need the executive summary these days, or not even that.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 21, 2015, 06:04:24 PM »
I recently got Foxtel because of the F1 and I'm liking it.  Love GP2, F1, WEC and AFL on it.  I'd imagine when there is another V8 round that will be great as well.

So far so good, and the new IQ3 box is great.  Outside of sport I still watch FTA though as I don't think Foxtel offers a lot (except Game of Thrones, or if you are willing to pay for the movies add-on).

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 21, 2015, 06:13:38 PM »
No!
You three..... No!

You three can just shut up right now!

I love foxtel!!

Sure I pay $130+ a month. for crap. I don't spend hours in front of the TV. I don't watch much of the v8's or F1... I will watch 3-4 hours of women's curling. How do I justify it?
Well it's 'entertainment' sure it's not quite like going out. but $130 for a night out was pretty easy to do when I was younger. Could still do it these days on a nice meal and wine... I don't go out anywhere near as much these days though. So throwing 130 a month on foxtel is fine.

I assume you guys have smart TV's so you don't have to watch crap on your monitors?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 22, 2015, 12:08:48 AM »
I have an older small pc hooked up to the large living room tv. Can view whatever I want on it and much more variety then foxtel when I had that.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #644 on: April 22, 2015, 01:31:05 AM »
Is there other tv providers other than ABC and SBS?
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal