Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763018 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #825 on: August 01, 2015, 12:09:28 PM »
There's a really good new Assetto Corsa Server manager program. Pity it needs most of the AC install to run :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 01, 2015, 12:40:25 PM »
I had some brilliant races with the GT86 @ Zandvoort.
WD on the WR!

The Nismo feels brilliant, the way you can control it when it slides.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 01, 2015, 01:56:56 PM »
There's a really good new Assetto Corsa Server manager program. Pity it needs most of the AC install to run :(

Sounds like I'm gonna need to update the web based manager

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
AC News
« Reply #828 on: August 01, 2015, 02:00:32 PM »
Yep. It is still needed even with the new manager. Yours is only manager that let's you remotely manage a server. Perhaps that should be in it's name?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:09:51 PM by Gratulin »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 01, 2015, 03:24:25 PM »
I had some brilliant races with the GT86 @ Zandvoort.
WD on the WR!

The Nismo feels brilliant, the way you can control it when it slides.

The Nismo is what Im most looking forward to and think it at Nords tonight will be where I will be at mostly. Its also the only car Ive driven thats in AC so far though my drive was just cruising the streets but had a passenger run in an r35 gtr vspec at the Mt Buller sprint. Its a pretty epic beast woth its AWD system and active suspension so it will be interesting to see how it translates in AC.

The AC server manager cant you just run it on your home setup and then copy over the config files and any files it creates. I was doing this with the old server setup software and packager. I dont really need all those game files on the server plus it will all run much faster on your gaming system. Also it will alway have all the mod data to work with so should be good if it works in a better way then the previous version.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 01, 2015, 03:44:50 PM »
The AC server manager cant you just run it on your home setup and then copy over the config files and any files it creates. I was doing this with the old server setup software and packager. I dont really need all those game files on the server plus it will all run much faster on your gaming system. Also it will alway have all the mod data to work with so should be good if it works in a better way then the previous version.
Yep. Definitely an improvement but Joe's manager system means you can configure and start/stop without logging into the server. Also, no need to keep copying config files. But it would be nice to have some of the features in the new AC version in Joe's version (but not pressuring Joe!!).

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 01, 2015, 04:34:08 PM »
Yep. Definitely an improvement but Joe's manager system means you can configure and start/stop without logging into the server. Also, no need to keep copying config files. But it would be nice to have some of the features in the new AC version in Joe's version (but not pressuring Joe!!).

Already added Ballast to the Entry List page, will add the other settings later/tomorrow  :)

Rolz

« Reply #832 on: August 01, 2015, 04:40:26 PM »
Bah... rebuilding PC after Win10 didn't play nice with me... should be good enough to get on tonight.  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 01, 2015, 07:51:18 PM »
So just gone to play after the update and for any car o chose I get an error saying cannot find lods.ini for car X.

Anyone else had this problem?

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 01, 2015, 08:13:09 PM »
I hate with a passion my rear view mirror being forced on,  In iracing they recomend you turn it off when online.  it makes you panic.  better off enforcing everyone to have spotter.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:17:03 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 01, 2015, 08:14:06 PM »
So just gone to play after the update and for any car o chose I get an error saying cannot find lods.ini for car X.

Anyone else had this problem?

Verified files in steam which fixed it

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 01, 2015, 09:22:29 PM »
I hate with a passion my rear view mirror being forced on,  In iracing they recomend you turn it off when online.  it makes you panic.  better off enforcing everyone to have spotter.

I couldn't race without it.  But then, I have a single monitor with fairly low FOV so can't see any other mirrors.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 01, 2015, 09:43:54 PM »
I better turn that option off then. Can't have you so upset ;)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 01, 2015, 09:44:58 PM »
This page on the AC forums might be useful for Wally and any of the other server admins (has some info about server setup):

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/1-2-released.25310/page-10

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 01, 2015, 11:30:30 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking it's a bit rude to enforce things appearing on people's screens. It's like forcing cockpit view. Not everybody wants to race like that.

This page on the AC forums might be useful for Wally and any of the other server admins (has some info about server setup):

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/1-2-released.25310/page-10
Thanks... I've got it all sussed.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal