Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763494 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #1110 on: June 21, 2016, 08:06:19 PM »
You should be able to manually set repair time.

It's pointless getting repairs in anything less than a full length race.

Rolz

« Reply #1111 on: June 21, 2016, 08:28:00 PM »
Repair times are unrealistically short at the moment...

needs to be fixed... which I'm sure it will be in the future revisions.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 21, 2016, 11:51:03 PM »

That is kind of what I suggested to have it as a server setting for repair time per item, such as front wing suspensions engine gearbox etc. Realistically changing an engine or gearbox should be so long its not worth it unless doing a 24hr race or possibly even have these as unable to repair. The only thing that really should be fixeable is front aero but also rear wings shouldnt get damaged unless you have a big shunt, a light tap from behind should not effect the rear wing but only possibly rear diffuser and body which shouldnt be fixable in a short time. Side body shouldnt make much difference if damaged lightly but maybe they should just be able to replace front wings in the sort of time it takes in the real series.

Other body repairs should be maybe partially fixeable with good old fashioned race tape, the main damage that Id like to see would be panel rubs that cause punctures. I have never got a puncture in AC yet and this is the most common damage form any car contact.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 27, 2016, 08:04:08 AM »
A couple of interesting points from the latest live stream:

Better "movement" of other cars in MP.

New info about server settings when loading (will try to put it in UI before joining) also it's visible in pits menu.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 27, 2016, 09:24:16 AM »

New info about server settings when loading (will try to put it in UI before joining) also it's visible in pits menu.
And possibly drive through penalties for false starts ;)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 27, 2016, 02:55:15 PM »

That is kind of what I suggested to have it as a server setting for repair time per item, such as front wing suspensions engine gearbox etc. Realistically changing an engine or gearbox should be so long its not worth it unless doing a 24hr race or possibly even have these as unable to repair. The only thing that really should be fixeable is front aero but also rear wings shouldnt get damaged unless you have a big shunt, a light tap from behind should not effect the rear wing but only possibly rear diffuser and body which shouldnt be fixable in a short time. Side body shouldnt make much difference if damaged lightly but maybe they should just be able to replace front wings in the sort of time it takes in the real series.

Other body repairs should be maybe partially fixeable with good old fashioned race tape, the main damage that Id like to see would be panel rubs that cause punctures. I have never got a puncture in AC yet and this is the most common damage form any car contact.
Maybe this has been mentioned before but I think it should be possible to set how long refueling and tyre changes take server side also for the purposes of more faithfully recreating various racing series.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 27, 2016, 06:03:34 PM »

And possibly drive through penalties for false starts ;)

The funny thing still is having the ability to have a jump start really doesnt change anything for me, I also dont think anyone has had a false start since we have had the option without a big brain fart or not having the plp lights working.

I dont care that this has been added but I really didnt see it as as big a deal as people made it out to be, for me race starts arent even that big a deal and if people think that losing 3 tenths off the line in a race is such a big deal they must be pretty darn consistent for that to be their biggest issue in any race length. Having drive throughs added will be a good thing but as in the league for some reason its preferred to get a time penalty then a drive through it really wont effect us. PLP had this a while ago but was scraped as it may effect peoples races, I dont agree as its better for people to server a penalty in the race if possible then them being involved in battles that arent actually for position in the end results.

Also a time penalty in most cases means very little, if the end result is just season points then losing a spot or 2 in a race means much less then actually being taken out of position during the race.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #1117 on: June 30, 2016, 12:23:04 PM »
Red pack teasers...
Race Department news item.

man that is looking good!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 30, 2016, 12:42:39 PM »
That looks cool
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 30, 2016, 03:24:47 PM »
Beat me to it Bruce, I just saw that. ;D ;D ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 30, 2016, 03:31:26 PM »
I think we have next season car for Thursdays. Not even a rip @Marty ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 30, 2016, 05:01:11 PM »
I think we have next season car for Thursdays. Not even a rip @Marty ;D

Nice but I bet my tennis season will start up again by then.  ;)

The way the weather is in Melbourne I dont think much tennis will be played though. Quite a few courts we play at may actually be getting snow atm.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 30, 2016, 09:09:54 PM »
Noice.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #1123 on: July 01, 2016, 08:28:53 PM »
New Ferrari and track in Red Pack... so it seems...  ;D

[youtube]abxfqqtHI2o[/youtube]

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal