Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 764215 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2014, 08:27:18 PM »
Normally you dont hit so many things and continue racing, it does seem a little arcadey as with so much panel damage it should have a bent in corner or two. Also is that car carbon or Aluminium as carbon doesnt bend but as they are relatively cheap cars panels are likely aluminum.

I hope damage at highest level is realistic especially with physics so wheels should be bent by that point and most contact will be effecting your race quite bad if not ending it. A bit of a pain if you lag spike into the car in front or they get you but it should also force people to take more care when passing to avoid contact.

Yeah, I'm a fan of damage in general, especially with big fields. When damage takes 1/3 to 1/2 the field out though, it's not much fun.

I'm sure crash physics data is something that is available for most if not all these cars. Maybe? Whether it translates easy to AC is another story... Airbags. That's what we need. Ones for our wheels at home too. for pro level immersion.

In the AC youtube clip one of the guys says it's 'toggleable' I wonder how many levels or if it's just off / on?

back to the photo, it look like brush stokes of mud more than scratches. there is no depth to them. The crinkles look like a photo of aluminium foil superimposed/layered over the body. BUT I can't wait to make, some people I won't mention, cars look like that! lol

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2014, 08:46:55 PM »
[youtube]hDcNHBe9oAs[/youtube]

http://assettocorsafan.com/nuove-immagini-provenienti-dalla-versione-finale/

not sure if you guys have seen it? I hope you can translate the page / know Italian.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:53:44 PM by Dick Forrest »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2014, 09:07:42 PM »
I would have rather heard the new sound engine than the Euro pop!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2014, 11:38:45 PM »
Yeah, I'm a fan of damage in general, especially with big fields. When damage takes 1/3 to 1/2 the field out though, it's not much fun.

I think in the tuesday league I have had only a handful of contacts with other cars over 2 and a bit seasons with some close racing, so its quite possible to avoid damage. Lets hope the netcode jitter gets fixed and maybe have a disable collision above a certain ping to avoid someones connection going nuts and taking out half the field. It will teach people to be more clean when passing I think as it will likely ruin theirs and someone else's race. I mostly try to avoid ruining anyone elses race but as in real racing incidents always happen. If they happen to the same people each race then they need to consider themselves part of the problem.

Unfortunately there are times when the big one happens and not much can be done where with full damage it will tear a race apart if half the field gets taken out. Thats where flags would be good so a yellow can be waved and all slow down approaching the incident hopefully reducing the amount of people effected. I know my kerb crash at Mugello in the e30 races could have taken out most of the field but unfortunately it was just rob that got unlucky and hit my car as it stopped mid track at the front of the field early in the race.

On a completely unrelated topic ;) I think Dick Skin designs should make themselves one of these skins.

Not saying Dick hits other cars often but he is quite a hazard to the scenery, if anyone is to be our crash test dummy I think my Forrest is a great candidate.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 03, 2014, 11:41:54 PM »
Here are some v1 RC screens, so it mustnt be too far away.  Dont clean those jocks yet GB ;)

http://assettocorsafan.com/nuove-immagini-provenienti-dalla-versione-finale/

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 04, 2014, 08:51:03 AM »
Would of it hit by now? I can't remember what time they usually give us updates.

Was reading that Italian blog last night. It gave a lot of hints at tomorrow. But. who really knows? Only the KUNOS boys for sure.
So Guybrush might be getting a bit more roughage in his diet after all? I for one, will take his word for it. I certainly do not want to see the HD clip on youtube of Guybrush consuming his own underwear. There are too many levels of wrong.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 04, 2014, 08:57:55 AM »
I think I'm safe.  Normally the releases have been anywhere from 10pm Friday night to 3am Saturday morning eastern.

To think I wore this same pair of jocks all week for nothing.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 04, 2014, 09:58:51 AM »
I think I'm safe.  Normally the releases have been anywhere from 10pm Friday night to 3am Saturday morning eastern.

To think I wore this same pair of jocks all week for nothing.

If your real confident you will extend  the offer for next week which is more likely. They said they will give important info this week and there have been many that were at the press day saying an rc will be out a couple weeks before going official. I dont think theyd be talking about the closed beta as they have already had it for a week or 2.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 04, 2014, 11:01:22 AM »
More than anything, I want the sound to be improved. That's the area where it needs improvement (and the netcode).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 04, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
More than anything, I want the sound to be improved. That's the area where it needs improvement (and the netcode).

BALLAST!!!! :D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2014, 02:20:46 PM »

+ 1.  And pit stops and server-side admin controls.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2014, 05:01:58 PM »

Quote from: Aristotelis, post: 267133, member: 1
Hi there.
We start from the baseline car manufacturer data. Then we usually apply the BoP on the engine, fuel tanks and aero ( for example the height of the rear wing). We do not modify the weight with ballast penalties because we would like to offer that option individually for every car in the server at some future update... Not sure we will make it and when but that's the plan.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/gte-gt3-balance-of-performance.15354/

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 04, 2014, 06:19:50 PM »
Woohoo!
Looks like ballast is coming, eventually.

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 04, 2014, 07:02:20 PM »
Woohoo!
Looks like ballast is coming, eventually.

Taht's really great to hear.  The sooner the better, but I'll wait....  A bit....  Ok that's enough, where's my ballast?!?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 09, 2014, 07:54:06 AM »
Version 1.0 and DLC content released, from http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/experience-the-assetto-corsa-press-event.94161

Version 1.0 CARS:

Abarth 500 EsseEsse
Abarth 500 EsseEsse S1 (upgrade*)
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde
BMW 1 Series M Coupè
BMW 1 Series M Coupè S3 (upgrade*)
BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution
BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution S1 (upgrade*)
BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution Drift (upgrade*)
BMW M3 E30 Group A
BMW M3 E30 Group A 1992 version
(upgrade*)
BMW M3 E92
BMW M3 E92 S1 (upgrade*)
BMW M3 E92 Drift (upgrade*)
BMW M3 E92 GT2
BMW Z4 E89 35is
BMW Z4 E89 35is S1 (upgrade*)
BMW Z4 E89 35is Drift (upgrade*)
BMW Z4 GT3
Classic Team Lotus Type 49
Classic Team Lotus Type 98T
Ferrari F1 312T
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari 458 Italia S3 (upgrade*)
Ferrari 458 GT2
Ferrari 599XX Evo
Ferrari F40
Ferrari F40 S3 (upgrade*)
Ferrari LaFerrari
KTM X-BOW R
Lotus Elise SC
Lotus Elise SC S1 (upgrade*)
Lotus Elise SC S2 (upgrade*)
Lotus Evora GTC
Lotus Evora GTE
Lotus Evora GTE Carbon
Lotus Evora GX
Lotus Evora S
Lotus Evora S S2 (upgrade*)
Lotus Evora SR
Lotus Exige 240R
Lotus Exige 240R S3 (upgrade*)
Lotus Exige S
Lotus Exige S Roadster
Lotus Exige Scura
Lotus Exos 125
Lotus Exos 125 S1 (upgrade**)
McLaren MP4-12C
McLaren MP4-12C GT3
Mercedes AMG SLS
Mercedes AMG SLS GT3
Scuderia Glickenhaus P4/5 Competizione
Pagani Huayra
Pagani Zonda R
AC Shelby Cobra 427S/C
Tatuus Formula Abarth

Version 1.0 Tracks:

Drag strip
Drift test circuit
Nurburgring GP
Nurburgring Sprint
Imola “Enzo & Dino Ferrari”
Magione
Autodromo di Monza
Monza historic 1966
Mugello
Silverstone
Silverstone International
Silverstone National
Spa Francorchamps
Trento Bondone hill climb
Vallelunga
Vallelunga Club

FREE CONTENT AFTER 1.0 Release!

Zandvoort
Ruf Yellowbird
Nissan GTR
Corvette stingray C7
Silverstone historical 60s
Monza 1962
Abarth 595ss vintage
Abarth 500 Assetto Corse (race car)
Toyota GT86
Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde
Scuderia Glickenhaus P4/5
Audi R8 Plus (2014)
Audi S1 Quattro
Lotus Exige R-Cup
Scuderia Glickenhaus P4/5 Competizione
2012 Hybrid

DREAM PACK DLC:

Nurburgring Nordschleife
Sauber Mercedes C9
Corvette C7R GTE
Nissan GTR GT3
Alfa Romeo 4C
Alfa Romeo GTA
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
McLaren P1
McLaren F1 GTR
Ruf RT 35 S
Mercedes 190 E 2.6-16 Evolution 2

Also:

Announced improvements made on the tire model are:
Blistering: When the tires get too hot, small "heat bubbles" will form, and then little pieces get ripped from the surface of the tire.
Graining: Very often, this happens when the tires are getting abused, or is a bit too cold for the treatment it get's, it can very easily happen at the start of a race, if the tires are not brought up to correct temperature.
Blistering and graining are non-reversible, and you will lose grip and have slower lap times once you've encountered these problems.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 07:55:59 AM by Wally »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal