Xtreme Gaming Network

Inbetween season Nordschleife enduro 1hr or 1.5hr interest.

Author Topic: Inbetween season Nordschleife enduro 1hr or 1.5hr interest.  (Read 30183 times)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
Re: Inbetween season Nordschleife enduro 1hr or 1.5hr interest.
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 06:38:58 PM »
The only thing i would like to see forced is a set amount of each car. So we dont get 10 Ferraris and 3 other cars for instance.. say 3 of each car avail only if they dont get it then they have to pick something else so there's a better mixed field..

I dont like forced pit stops not for this. Let people choose when to pit.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 06:54:53 PM »
If people are going to run a longer race then maybe best to just let them pick whatever car they want, there wont be any indication of how many will turn up anyway and forcing people to drive a car they dont want to will likely just limit numbers. There are plenty of GT cars to choose from so there will be some variety, in a longer race like this it wont matter so much which car people chose they will all be close enough that your likely to get a decent finish in any car assuming you have a fairly clean race.

I wouldn't be picking the fastest car anyway to get more of a challenge but there shouldn't be much more then 5 seconds between all the gt3/gt2/gte cars at the longer layouts which at this distance shouldn't matter too much.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 07:30:20 PM »
yes and no.. i just dont want too many of 1 car and ive seen it too often in the past. 1st in 1st serve, if they really want to race nords for 1.5 hrs it should not matter as there are plenty to choose from

Im a mix between gt3 and gt2.. for choice. I'm going to be slower in either lol.. Even if i chose the RSR i will be doing times of slower cars.

Offline stevenngo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 09:33:49 PM »
I'll definitely be in for this

and if it turns out successful then maybe also do endurance races for other tracks as well
Spa Bathurst LeMans etc.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 09:36:51 PM »
If people are going to run a longer race then maybe best to just let them pick whatever car they want, there wont be any indication of how many will turn up anyway and forcing people to drive a car they dont want to will likely just limit numbers. There are plenty of GT cars to choose from so there will be some variety, in a longer race like this it wont matter so much which car people chose they will all be close enough that your likely to get a decent finish in any car assuming you have a fairly clean race.

I wouldn't be picking the fastest car anyway to get more of a challenge but there shouldn't be much more then 5 seconds between all the gt3/gt2/gte cars at the longer layouts which at this distance shouldn't matter too much.
With a mixture of cars, subsequent tyre choices and a fuel tank that doesn't get to the end with out at least one refill ensures that people will have various strategies unfolding . . . and keep it interesting!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 09:56:00 PM »
I just want to keep it simple. People can nominate what car they want prior to the race and I'll make the grid as per that selection, so everyone can drive the car they want. It's a long race on a very long track, cars are going to be all over the place regardless of what cars are in the mix.

I'll definitely be in for this

and if it turns out successful then maybe also do endurance races for other tracks as well
Spa Bathurst LeMans etc.
...and welcome back Stephen :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 11:43:08 PM »
Endurance layout.

I've just done a couple of laps in the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 (11 laps per tank @ 9:00), and Corvette C7R (9 laps per tank at 9:00) (rough times).
So the Porsche can do 1 hr 39 on one tank, and the Corvette can do 1 hr 21 on one tank.
Other cars... dunno.

Maybe a 2 hr race would be good. I'll put a duration poll up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2017, 10:21:46 AM »
throw the lotus 49 in :)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 08:23:56 PM »
Endurance layout.

I've just done a couple of laps in the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 (11 laps per tank @ 9:00), and Corvette C7R (9 laps per tank at 9:00) (rough times).
So the Porsche can do 1 hr 39 on one tank, and the Corvette can do 1 hr 21 on one tank.
Other cars... dunno.

Is this is 1x.. maybe up the fuel usage so it forces a fuel stop at least?

VLN runs the endurance cup layout. I think this would be a better choice.. Still get a portion of nurburgring to break up nords. But I'd race either.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2017, 09:20:29 PM »
Endurance layout.

Other cars... dunno.

Is this is 1x.. maybe up the fuel usage so it forces a fuel stop at least?

VLN runs the endurance cup layout. I think this would be a better choice.. Still get a portion of nurburgring to break up nords. But I'd race either.

Even if it was a 1 hour race why force higher multipliers to force a stop? If someone wants to do it on one set of tyres saving time on a stop and the car will then leaving that option is ok. If some want to split the race into 1 or more stops then they are also fine to do so, people complain when everyone picks the same tyres and strategy when they usually get forced into it by higher mulitpliers. If someone so feels they may be at a disadvantage in one car over another then pick another car or stick to a different strategy, all these cars will vary a fair bit on fuel and tyre mileage so pick one that suits the race your wanting to race or just deal with what options your car gives you.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 08:21:35 AM »
I agree with Marty.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 10:44:01 AM »
Endurance layout.

Other cars... dunno.

FYI, the Ferrari 488 GT3 can do 7 laps per tank.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 11:57:25 AM »
Not sure which track your thinking Wally, I have a practice server up at the Enduro sprint layout which is the shorter VLN variant not the full 24hr. I put it up with the OSRW version as this allows 34 cars and put in all the gt2/gte and gt3 cars including the p4/5 which is kind of in the middle but likely not used much. Not sure if that is in your car list but I dont think I missed any of the gt cars, there will likely be differences between the gt3 cars and the gt2/e cars in terms of tyres and aero with more aero and better tyres plus more choices.

I did a 1 hour test in the mclaren 650s gt3 with medium tyres, full fuel would got about 82 minutes with lap times around 8:10 and for 1 hour the tyres went away a bit but laptimes balanced out a bit with the fuel burn. I think soft tyres have changed a bit since we last ran gt3 cars and possibly these will go further and in an hour and half race if the car cant make it on fuel then it gives options for soft/soft or med soft maybe even just mediums full run and a quick fuel top up. Over 2 hours all cars will need at least one stop but if people run different cars this will change strategies a bit as each car will likely have a different way to tackle the race. Some may even want to fuel save a bit and get there with no stop if possible which could work out quicker then having to stop.

edit: I had the regular official layout on the server yesterday with no issues, ran a couple laps on the OSRW and lost connection to the server. I will jump back in after updating all content and see if this fixes the issue. If others can jump in at some point and test if there is possibly an issue with the OSRW version of Nords, I dont see why though as there havent been issues with any others recently.

Here is the latest link from the official forums of the OSRW nords tracks.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c4ze67ae33bzl88/Nordschleife_Endurance_Cup_34pits_AC1.7.rar
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:36:29 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 03:30:10 PM »
I was thinking the full endurance layout, with the Nurburgring attached. With over 21 km, what's a few more hundred metres :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 10:29:17 AM »
Car-wise, I'd look at these, from my favourite list here http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/car-time-ranking.22389/  ;)

Code: [Select]
Porsche 911 RSR 2017,              0.14,     254
Ferrari 488 GT3,                   0.07,     352
Ferrari 458 GT2,                   0.17,     492
Lamborghini Huracan GT3,           0.17,     211
McLaren 650S GT3,                  0.12,     192
Chevrolet Corvette C7R,            0.05,     201
Nissan GT-R GT3,                   0.06,     193
BMW Z4 GT3,                        0.01,     283
Audi R8 LMS Ultra,                 0.07,     211
SCG 003C,                          0.08,     139
Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016,            0.01,     369
Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3,             0.02,     179
BMW M3 GT2,                        0.54,     294
McLaren MP4-12C GT3,               0.30,     308
Lamborghini Huracan ST,            0.01

Here is the list on the server atm
audi_r8_lms;
bmw_m3_gt2;
bmw_z4_gt3;
corvette_c7r;
ferrari_458_gt2
ferrari_488_gt3
lamborghini_huracan_gt3
mclaren_650_gt3
mclaren_mp412c_gt3
mercedes_sls_gt3
mercedes_amg_gt3
nissan_gtr_gt3
p4-5_2011
porsche_911_gt3_r_2016
porsche_911_rsr_2017
glickenhaus_scg003

Wally's list for some reason doesnt include the SLS AMG GT3, but also includes the huracan st which I dont see any reasonto include the lamborghini cup car if the huracan gt3 is there and is a better fit. P4/5 should be fairly close but its a car forgotton by most and so likely has not many proper fast laps in rsr.

The Evora gtc is similar to gt3 spec the GX is more gt2 spec but both are slightly underpowered to other cars in those classes. They could be included but its unlikely anyone would chose them or the p4/5.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal