Xtreme Gaming Network

POLL: Post-season endurance duration?

Poll

How long should the post-season endurance race be? (AEST times)

1 hr (8:45 - 9:45)
0 (0%)
1.5 hrs (8:30 - 10:00)
8 (34.8%)
2 hrs (8:15 - 10:15)
10 (43.5%)
2.5 hrs (8:00 - 10:30)
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: POLL: Post-season endurance duration?  (Read 10551 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Post-season endurance duration?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 08:02:11 AM »
I have a layout that's known as the 'Nordschleife + Sprint Circuit + No Arena' 23.864 km. Which features the ability to recycle onto the GP track to start a Qualy run and has a spread out grid where the first twelve start at the Bridge, the second dozen at the tourist facilities and the rest, up to 40 total, start on the main grid.
That sounds interesting, particular the cycling back for qualifying bit. I'd really prefer to qualify on the night rather than the practice server. That's a whole let less stuffing around just for a fun run. I don't really think the field will be that big for this race. How far apart are the Bridge and the tourist facilities? Will that disadvantage the people who start further back? Why spread the field out from the start?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: POLL: Post-season endurance duration?
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 10:16:44 AM »
If timing works on the modified track if someone cuts across on the outlap it would be ideal. What happens if someone cuts in a race lap does it not count that lap?

The multi start would be for multiclass racing as they do at Nords but the gt field we have is pretty close to the same class. I think its likely any car in the field can get the win and a good qualifying position. So for this race there is no need to seperate the grids.

obviously sorted by qualifying times in each make for this instance.. but in ours I'm sure sit would be RSR 2017, Huracan ST, GT3, GT2  I believe?

I havent actually checked the list Wally made properly, I simply assumed all gte/gt2 and gt3 class cars. Adding the scg003 and p4/5 that are built to gt3 amd gt2 spec but are one off prtotoypes and not homologated officialy to their gt specs.

Lap time difference will be quite low, should be gte fastest then gt2 amd gt3 pretty close. Gt2 has more aero and better tyres then gt3 and at Nords this makes them fairly close overall with gt3 gaining in the fast sections and gt2 in the twosty bits.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal