Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Race Chat  (Read 20179 times)

Offline RussG

• View Profile
Re: S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2017, 02:03:54 PM »
I regret to say I won't be racing tonight as I am out of town.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2017, 02:41:45 PM »
I will take tyre blankets off the practice server this arvo, so if any people want to practice race starts especially it will be usefull. I think this is one of the trickiest first sectors so dealing with cold tyres here will likely be a proper challenge. Not sure what temps Wally will set for the races but if he gives an idea I can set server up with both race conditions to give an idea there too.
Getting some running at the temp. will help but I won't bother with race starts.
Starting from pole with a clear track ahead is NOT what I'm gonna see tonight. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2017, 02:52:30 PM »
I will take tyre blankets off the practice server this arvo, so if any people want to practice race starts especially it will be usefull. I think this is one of the trickiest first sectors so dealing with cold tyres here will likely be a proper challenge. Not sure what temps Wally will set for the races but if he gives an idea I can set server up with both race conditions to give an idea there too.
Getting some running at the temp. will help but I won't bother with race starts.
Starting from pole with a clear track ahead is NOT what I'm gonna see tonight. ;)

I just updated the server, the main idea of practicing race starts is if others are also in the server. Admin pass for the practice server is the regular xgn pass so people can easily skip practice and qualy to practice some races, not only do you get some race practice but seeing others lines at a track can normally help give you ideas if your a little off pace.

A practice start solo will teach you as much as you would leaving the pits on cold tyres and even from pole its rare to enter t1 with a clear lead. Race starts I really haven't seen as a big issue in the league and I think some make a bigger deal out of it then others, possibly they may be involved in regular lap 1 contact but then they may likely also be more at fault then they want to accept as it takes 2 to cause a collision.  ;)

I would like to see contacts recorded along with season stats, this will show those more prone to contact. Maybe they are just very unlucky or possibly they also could adjust their driving to avoid regularly getting in the situation. The further back in the grid you tend to start however the more likely contact will occur but front of grid has very few issues and there have been some proper battles lap one in these cars as passing is not easy in the race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2017, 03:33:56 PM »
Hey Guys..... :( :( :(

Been sick for the last couples of days wit a huge flu,huge,so i have to inform you that i wont be racing tonight,Thx guys
I hope you feel better soon.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2017, 06:25:52 PM »
Server's up. You get a warning about server slots exceeding pit boxes, but you can join OK. I hope that doesn't cause issues. Seanus has checked that the track actually has 32 pits, but the launcher thinks it's got 24.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2017, 06:33:17 PM »
Server's up. You get a warning about server slots exceeding pit boxes, but you can join OK. I hope that doesn't cause issues. Seanus has checked that the track actually has 32 pits, but the launcher thinks it's got 24.

Have you updated the content on the server? is this a modified version of the original track as on RD it says

Track Features​
24 Pit Boxes
Dynamic racing groove
Track Map
Working AI
4 TV cameras
Time Attack

That's the same link as in the first post so I would be surprised if that had more then 24 spots.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/new-jersey-motorsports-park-lightning.14212/

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2017, 06:56:49 PM »
Seanus looked inside the track and saw that even though the description says 24 pits, the track actually has 32.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2017, 07:12:16 PM »
Seanus looked inside the track and saw that even though the description says 24 pits, the track actually has 32.

Ok I just tested on my server forcing me into car 32 with GUID and it loaded in the pits so seems to be ok.  ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2017, 07:19:19 PM »
I just checked the weather forecast - it's hot, about 32°.

I just jumped into server and seems maybe a typo in server setup as its 25c ambient 23c track.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2017, 07:46:14 PM »
shame I will have to miss tonight.. too many painkillers in my system and I don't want to drug and drive..  enjoy guys and good luck
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2017, 07:55:59 PM »
shame I will have to miss tonight.. too many painkillers in my system and I don't want to drug and drive..  enjoy guys and good luck
But you're shameless! 
Bad luck Shameless, see you next time.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »
But you're shameless! 

yes while that is true.. with this powerful drug i'm too numb to feel almost anything..  This is the strong painkiller they use in drips in the hospital .. so fun stuff.. I was looking forward to the final race too. I will just have to make sure I'm drug free for may 9th.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2017, 10:18:43 PM »
But you're shameless! 

yes while that is true.. with this powerful drug i'm too numb to feel almost anything..  This is the strong painkiller they use in drips in the hospital .. so fun stuff.. I was looking forward to the final race too. I will just have to make sure I'm drug free for may 9th.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2017, 09:43:44 PM »
lol well it was either this or Morphine.. though I've had 2 of those tablets and gamed fine for 6hrs straight.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal