Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Post-Race Chat  (Read 12488 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Post-Race Chat
« on: May 02, 2017, 07:56:52 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Marty   66
Phil.8   62
Matthew111   61
Diehard   57
Shayne   55
Mael   53
Grat   52
Joe   49
Freezer   47
Keith   46
Slow_As   42
Jeremy   25
Wally   23
Doobs   19
Seanus   0
Cursed   0
Bacchulum   0
AJ   0
Gratulin   0

Congratulations to Marty for the clean sweep of pole, 2 race wins and the round win.

Lap 1 Penalties
None.
Because my game crashed, I have no replay of race 2.

Championship Podium - congratulation to season champion, Marty
1. Marty, 389
2. Phil.8, 376
3. Diehard, 345

Team Championship - Maki Engineering took 2nd place in the final round
1. Krahl Racing (Phil and Joe), 647
2. Maki Engineering (Mael and Freezer), 536
3. Infinity + 1 (Shayne and Seanus), 508
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:34:06 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
Re: S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 08:56:10 PM »
Sorry guys, everything was working 100% fine until the last turn of lap 1 when my connection just completely died. Sorry if I took anybody out.

Fingers cross for Optus's network upgrades in my area next Tuesday, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 10:04:10 PM »
Sorry Jeremy! Ruined your race twice. So sorry. I had used all my neurons in race 1.  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 10:07:33 PM »
Sorry guys, everything was working 100% fine until the last turn of lap 1 when my connection just completely died. Sorry if I took anybody out.

Fingers cross for Optus's network upgrades in my area next Tuesday, but I'm not holding my breath.
Yep. Wiped me out completely...

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 10:07:55 PM »
For my performance tonight... no comment - worst races ever...

Car felt like it was qualifying trim whole race.......

I did manage to mow most of the lawns.... see em.... they were immaculate...

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 10:14:33 PM »
My night was pretty meh.... I only managed 5-10 laps of practice before tonight and I usually need a lot more to be competitive.

I was surprised qualifying 5th and kept that position for 11 laps opening a gap to the pack behind buy many mistakes allowed them to catch up then going off they all went by loosing 4 or 5 positions. Was on the back of Mael for a while but more mistakes let the pack get away and that was that.

Second race going okay getting past a few people who crashed out but more mistakes let Mael by who was then ahead by around 6 seconds with that gap staying consistent until nearly the end. I say nearly the end because on the final lap I saw Mael cut, and in my head I wondered if maybe he'd get a penalty. That lack on concentration sent me sideways getting two corners in one go and giving me a 10 second penalty. I thought I was okay because last I checked Freezer was around 15 seconds behind me, but no, I gave it too much throttle out of the final turn sending me spinning and then freezer finishing just a couple of seconds behind so I lost the place  :o

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 10:24:02 PM »

Yep. Wiped me out completely...

Sorry mate  :'(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 10:38:35 PM »
Results in 1st post.

Marty was too good this season, leading the standings from round 1. Phil put in a good fight, in 2nd place the whole season.

And here's the usual post-season stats:

Most wins: Marty, 5
Most podiums: Marty and Phil, 9
Most poles: Marty, 3
Best average finish: Marty, 2.2
Most fastest laps: Marty, 6
Most Consistent: Diehard, Jeremy, Kcender87, Phil, 2
Hunter: Marty, 4 (must be from chasing lapped traffic!)
Hunted: Matthew, 3
Busiest: Diehard, nith, Shayne, 2
Loneliest: Doobs, Slow_As, 2
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:41:31 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 10:47:42 PM »
@Wally: I watched the replay of race 2. You should give me a 5 points penalty or something like that. I did not do anything uber-bad, but at t4 Jeremy had the right of closing the line (the no-closing rule applies only to t1 and t2, as far as I know) and I therefore went for a gap that was not there anymore. It is a bit of a side effect of the t1-t2 rule, but I should definitely take all the blame.

Huge apologies again to Jeremy! My only consolation is that I was always very very clean all the season, so I can tell myself that I gave it my best shot and it was just once in a while fuck-up.

As for the season... as I said over TS: thank you Wally. Amazing season! Great innovations (loved the cold tyres!) and all great races. My only regret is having missed too many of them!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 10:48:51 PM »
Second race going okay getting past a few people who crashed out but more mistakes let Mael by who was then ahead by around 6 seconds with that gap staying consistent until nearly the end. I say nearly the end because on the final lap I saw Mael cut, and in my head I wondered if maybe he'd get a penalty. That lack on concentration sent me sideways getting two corners in one go and giving me a 10 second penalty. I thought I was okay because last I checked Freezer was around 15 seconds behind me, but no, I gave it too much throttle out of the final turn sending me spinning and then freezer finishing just a couple of seconds behind so I lost the place  :o

Thats funny 'Joe ;D  Luckily I only got one cut for the race but I was convinced one of the leaders was going to get a cut, waited for it the whole race. But it never came. I am please to have assisted Freezer though.

This race penalized any loss of concentration severely as it was impossible to gain any significant time on ones competitors, race 2 I placed half a wheel on the dirt which caused a instant 360  ;D  Never was quick enough to pass Shayne in race 1 or 2 in any case, well driven Shayne.

Team Maki had a good race, second place in the team competition is better than I thought possible. Great work Freezer!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 10:50:18 PM »
Hunter: Marty, 4 (must be from chasing lapped traffic!)

It wasn't an easy season to make passes in, was some very close times between the top 10 or so most rounds. I didn't win many races I didn't have the lead exiting t1, had some good battles chasing a few guys through the season, had Phil and Matthew hot on my tail in quite a few rounds.

These cars had a pretty strong draft effect but were also prone to aero push when close into corners so it made it hard to get into position for a pass if the guy ahead didn't make a mistake.

Thanks all for another fun season and Wally for all his efforts again.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 10:51:12 PM »
In race 1, it ended up being relatively lonely once we settled down, but Keith was in my mirrors the whole time. I made a mistake with a lapse of concentration, and Keith passed on lap 26, only to return the favour when he ran wide and let me past again.

In race 2, it was Joe and Freezer applying the early pressure in my mirrors, with a growing gap to Shayne in front of me. Joe and Freezer held each other up a bit, letting me open up a gap. Freezer had a spin behind me, relieving a little of the pressure. I spun myself a little later, losing 2 spots to Mael and Joe, then my frickin' game grashed - acs.exe has stopped working. I jumped back in to spectate, but stupid me - I should have put in more laps to reach 21 laps and be qualified as a finisher to get any points. That might have cost me one place on the standings. Freezer can thank me later.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 10:54:32 PM »
In race 1, it ended up being relatively lonely once we settled down, but Keith was in my mirrors the whole time. I made a mistake with a lapse of concentration, and Keith passed on lap 26, only to return the favour when he ran wide and let me past again.

In race 2, it was Joe and Freezer applying the early pressure in my mirrors, with a growing gap to Shayne in front of me. Joe and Freezer held each other up a bit, letting me open up a gap. Freezer had a spin behind me, relieving a little of the pressure. I spun myself a little later, losing 2 spots to Mael and Joe, then my frickin' game grashed - acs.exe has stopped working. I jumped back in to spectate, but stupid me - I should have put in more laps to reach 21 laps and be qualified as a finisher to get any points. That might have cost me one place on the standings. Freezer can thank me later.
No I will thank you now.............Thanks Wally :) :)
p.s. bad luck!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 10:58:03 PM »
As for my night I had pretty good pace in a tight field.  Started next to team mate Mael but at the end of the first lap a small lift due to cold tyres saw him go by.  I followed for many laps but the overall story of my night was pretty quick..... but the odd small slip kept hampering my progress, which kind of sucked.  Still fun though and I enjoyed this little roller coaster track!
Overall, a great season.  Mael drove very well for team Maki.  I had my moments and despite me missing a night we came home 2nd.
Thanks as always to Wally :)

Offline diehard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 08:35:48 AM »
Great Race with Shayne last night had him on my ass for both races, intense race.
Really enjoyed that track was nice and flowing, had a slight issue with the brake pedal needing re-calibration only went to 68% brake force, only noticed after the races, luckily not too many heavy braking zones on the track.

Thanks to Wally for organizing the season and everyone showing up, great fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal