Xtreme Gaming Network

Nords 2hr Enduro Results

Author Topic: Nords 2hr Enduro Results  (Read 19025 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Nords 2hr Enduro Results
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 11:36:26 AM »
Any plans on another enduro?  :)

I started to regret voting for a 2 hour enduro as the race got closer but it seems that racing online is much more engaging and you don't get fatigue as you do when you drive solo

Had to help out in the kitchen and couldn't finish till minutes before the race begain so I didn't have time to make it into teamspeak, luckily I managed to join the server as the race was starting

I would like to do more proper enduro's I think the regular season enduro is what most real world series call a sprint race. Blancpain sprint series format is actually a 1 hour race with a forced pit stop.  ;)

Shame numbers werent that high with 17 starters and of this I think 3 or 4 didnt make it but only Grat with PC issues was a very early retirement. This makes it seem its not the most popular but even similar numbers I would be happy to do more 1.5 to 2 hr races.

Full length f1 races would be fun, I dont know how long the historic f1's used to race but even running that full season at real race distances would be interesting with no need for those silly multipliers to try and pretend we are actually doing proper length races.  ;)

Rolz

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 11:44:03 AM »
This makes it seem its not the most popular

I think Nords generally scares people off... an enduro at Spa would be a different kettle of fish  ::)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 11:46:45 AM »
This makes it seem its not the most popular

I think Nords generally scares people off... an enduro at Spa would be a different kettle of fish  ::)

Yet gt cars are the supposedly most popular online and the most popular track online is also Nords.  ;)

Funnily enough however most like Nords only for trackdays with the big majority claiming its not a good track to race. The only difference between running a longer race at Spa is you would lap more cars but if of the 3 cars I lapped 1 nearly took me out both times when I passed it twice. Having to deal with cars very sketchy when being lapped and under no pressure isnt exactly what I consider more fun.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:50:59 AM by marty »

Rolz

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 12:21:46 PM »
probably also worth noting is that this was a fun run... had this been part of a season X league race you would probably had a few more take part.

I was only giving Spa as an example, use any reasonable size track as an enduro... being lapped then would be something most of us would have to handle...
Then you could run multiple classes if you get closer to 30 starters...

I'd also make being on TS/discord a requirement of participation... the bandwidth overheads are so small these days there really isn't any excuse not to run it.

just random musings over my lunch break :)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »
I'd also make being on TS/discord a requirement of participation... the bandwidth overheads are so small these days there really isn't any excuse not to run it.
just random musings over my lunch break :)

Not for us guys on Mobile Internet, TS/Discord can overwhelm my system. Discord more so than Teamspeak from my experience.

I really enjoyed the week long practice/qualifying, we should continue with the idea for future enduro's.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:30:00 PM by Mael »

Rolz

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 12:30:20 PM »
Not for us guys on Mobile Internet, TS/Discord can overwhelm my system. Discord more so than Teamspeak from my experience.
I was going to say last night ur too good to talk to us at ROOZ where u were happily babbling along here :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 12:51:39 PM »
I quite like the qualifying through the week and the long race, but there are many factors to balance. Some people may not be able to qualify during the week. People can't start the night too late or early, and others can't finish too late. I keep Tuesday nights to roughly the same start and end times, as time has proven that it's a compromise that suits all.

But it's definitely a good way to do the occasional fun run. A 2 hr enduro like this one could well be a regular between season feature.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 12:54:47 PM »
A 2 hr enduro like this one could well be a regular between season feature.

I've got the bug and will be back if you do run more  ;D

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 12:56:20 PM »
Dead keen for an enduro series in these cars. A large field on somewhere like Spa will bring traffic, an evolving track and strategy all into play with each other over 2 hours and really create a great race - Tuesday after next in Belgium?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 01:47:56 PM »
Even a regular season qualifying could be very short 8 minutes or so, with the evolving tracl its usually the last 3 minutes that sets the grid anyhow. Even a 5 minute plus finish the lap will give a chance for a couple flying laps in most combos. You can then do an hour and half race which would start  qualy at 8:30 and be still finished before 10:30. I dont really know what the actual qualy start to finish your looking for Wally.

Another Enduro possibly after the coming season which is only planned for 5 weeks starting in a couple weeks, maybe even try a multi class race either gt3 and some gt4 style cars or have gt2/e and lmp cars in the mext enduro for wec race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2017, 01:50:33 PM »
Dead keen for an enduro series in these cars. A large field on somewhere like Spa will bring traffic, an evolving track and strategy all into play with each other over 2 hours and really create a great race - Tuesday after next in Belgium?
The season after next will be a WEC endurance style season, where enduros would be perfect.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 04:26:23 PM »
is there a decent lemans track we can race on for an enduro? mixed class on that would surely bring the numbers as well as spa.

And if we're racing cars like the 919s would the Pagani Zonda R have a place on the grid perhaps?
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline stevenngo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 05:17:23 PM »
great thing about spa is that it is not as punishing to make a mistake as much as nordschleiefe and feel demoralised after your car gets damaged,

though I do hope to do an enduro on Bathurst one day with GT cars

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2017, 05:26:46 PM »
I find Le mans the most boring track around personally, there is a mod track around but I would much prefer a race at Spa or amy of the other WEC circuits that arent Le Mans lol.

919's will get some competition as Kunos will release Audi and Toyota LMP1 cars at some point. I would probably hold off on a wec season until those come as its not likely we will get multipke wec seasons. There will also be more gte cars coming but no real news of what or when has been announced other then whats been announced but yet unreleased. A WEC enduro as a mixed class test after this season would work and I think Spa would be a good track for it.

The Zonda R is a trackday special hypercar kind of competing with the 599xx, laferrari fxxk,p1 gtr, 918 etc ts not close to an lmp1 car.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2017, 06:14:39 PM »
I think you'd have to throw Le Mans into the mix! There is a mod track listed already in the Tue Mod Tracks forum.
After the next open wheeler season, we'll see what cars are available.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal