Xtreme Gaming Network

Classic Lotus Fun Run - May 16

Author Topic: Classic Lotus Fun Run - May 16  (Read 20650 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Classic Lotus Fun Run - May 16
« on: May 09, 2017, 11:16:53 PM »
We will be trying the Lotus 25 and the Lotus 49, at Rouen-Les-Essarts, a period-correct race track that held 4 French Grand Prix formula 1 races between 1952 and 1968. This will be a bit of a test of this mod track as well as the cars.

TRACK DOWNLOAD

Update: Seanus's shadow fix (gets rid of some of the annoying flickering):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6YBokXY5o8Qek5fbGFJbXA4SG8

We will be racing on the short layout for this fun run. The short layout has a shortcut on an old and rough section of road.

Race 1 - Lotus 25 (9 laps, with a qualifying session)
Race 2 - Lotus 49 (10 laps, with a qualifying session)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 06:19:05 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Classic Lotus Fun Run - May 16
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 11:30:30 PM »
I will put up a practice server once I dl the track with both cars in it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 06:20:41 PM »
See first post for cosmetic track update (won't cause a server mismatch). Thank you Seanus.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 10:27:33 PM »
Did a couple laps, track I dont think is ready for a main series run for a fun run? wont tell you much about the cars. Visually its not horrible but those low poly bumps all over the track surface are so annoying I will give this round a miss.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 12:55:44 AM »
Did a couple laps, track I dont think is ready for a main series run for a fun run? wont tell you much about the cars. Visually its not horrible but those low poly bumps all over the track surface are so annoying I will give this round a miss.

The bumps do make it interesting, and a bit of a challenge, but I actually really enjoy this track. Great atmosphere and sense of speed.
With the accent on fun run it could be a great candidate. Keeps you on your toes.  ;) Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 07:49:45 AM »
I think it's OK. The circuit is an old circuit on public roads, and the bumps give it that feel. The shortcut section in particular is deliberately a rough old road.

[youtube]fBFFiMYJ1C8[/youtube]

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 09:27:46 AM »

The bumps do make it interesting, and a bit of a challenge, but I actually really enjoy this track. Great atmosphere and sense of speed.
With the accent on fun run it could be a great candidate. Keeps you on your toes.  ;) Dave O.

There are many propoerly made mod tracks that have bumps as designed not a basic washboard effect like this. A proper bumpy road on purpose is a good thing one bumpy only because its poorly made not so much. Its a fun run but more a pre season test so if its an indication of quality of tracks going to be used I likely will give the season a miss.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 10:05:10 AM »
Proposed tracks for the season (5 of these):

Mosport (Lotus 49 ran here)
Bridgehampton
Riverside
Monza 66
Silverstone 66
Rouen

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 10:39:49 AM »
Proposed tracks for the season (5 of these):

Mosport (Lotus 49 ran here)
Bridgehampton
Riverside
Monza 66
Silverstone 66
Rouen

4 of those are quality tracks the other 2 I hope Mosport is much better then Rouen.

Lotus 49 also ran other official tracks but we only have modern versions. Either may be better then a poor quality mod track but thats just assuming Mosport is no better then Rouen.
[youtube]ZaYZQi8wtQA[/youtube]
[youtube]RVJNkEuVhDI[/youtube]

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 10:52:18 AM »

More like keeping you on your roof. Did a few laps and the ones where I did not crash into Marty I found it very difficult to judge braking points. A few practice laps is definitely advised!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:52:42 AM by Mael »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 10:53:25 AM »
who cars what they look like as long as they have grey stuff and the corners are in the the right spot 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 11:03:00 AM »
who cars what they look like as long as they have grey stuff and the corners are in the the right spot

Yea who cares if the tracks drive like crap because of a very poorly modeled road surface. Who cares if its version 0.2 and clearly shows this is a fair indicator of the quality of the track. Why settle for top quality mods and official content when there is so much junk stuff around to use instead.  ;)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 12:06:07 PM »
Umm you ?
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2017, 12:25:04 PM »
Because I like the flowing Rouen layout, and the lack of brake markers. Any track can be fun, if you let it.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 01:03:30 PM »
Umm you ?

Clearly not you with such high standards.  ;D

Many here openly encourage low quality rips and generally poorly made mods, I avoid Thursdays even if home due to this and if Tuesdays go the same way I will avoid those too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal