5 (12.5%)
Lotus 72D
3 (7.5%)
Lotus Exos 125
14 (35%)
Lotus 98T
11 (27.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Season 17 car poll - open wheelers  (Read 34290 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 17 car poll - open wheelers
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2017, 06:40:24 PM »
Democracy has spoken, the voiceless minority have ruled with their ballots. Bring it on!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »
Wally offers lots of variety that should suit most people most of the time.

That's the problem, We want to race them all!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2017, 07:04:52 PM »
In the next 25 years, we will drive them all.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2017, 08:01:37 PM »
 I voted for the 25 and 49 and thought they might get up, the 98T would of been fun also,  But the exos should be good fun racing
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2017, 09:01:18 PM »
I voted for the 25 and 49 and thought they might get up, the 98T would of been fun also,  But the exos should be good fun racing

I thought the 25 might, but I'm happy. They were all good options to choose from.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2017, 08:20:34 AM »
I put up a practice server last night for the exos at Imola, I did a few laps offline earlier to make a basic setup then set server to the weather forecast 30c (30 +- 2c) sunny and 13kmh easterly wind. (This is set as 12-14 kmh Easterly with 15 degree variation)

That fairly light wind made quite a huge effect, it ended up as a headwind on the main straight. Compared to my first runs at rsr pro static conditions its amazing how much the wind played a factor. Its a little slower top speed but then all the corners into the wind have so much more downforce its like another car. Going back the other way on the other half of the track meant it had more speed but also less aero grip in to corners needing to brakea fair bit sooner.

Car is much more fun here then it was at old silverstone, not sure if the few extra degrees helped raise tyre temps and also give more grip but it felt quite good even at low gripwhen I ran in the server. I doubt the field will be that close at trickier more technical tracks like this, still would have been more fun in an old school car driving wise but should be a fun season anyway.

Its possible I may miss round 1, I will be away and fly back on tuesday and should be home just before the start but possibly not depending on traffic.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal