Xtreme Gaming Network

S17R1: Imola Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S17R1: Imola Post Race Chat  (Read 16584 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S17R1: Imola Post Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 10:35:13 AM »
Bit of a disappointing overall result but the racing was good.
Qualified 8th and felt I had pretty good pace in these cars.
R1 Unfortunately the smallest of contacts at the second chicane saw me into the sand and loosing 10 spots.  On getting going again I was charging ahead but on lap 3 got hooked up with DaveO and hit the fence, completely taking out the left front.  Limped back and repaired but really to far behind to make a come back.
R2 This was much better.  Although I did run into the rear of the pile up on lap one I was able to make good progress.  I had Jeremy hard on my tail for a number of laps before slipping through and only a small error near the end the only blemish.  I didn't realise that I was getting cuts (app issues) so copped a 10 sec penalty post race which cost me two spots.
All up, the DRS was very good and certainly adds some spice to the racing trying to chase people down....

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 11:09:41 AM »
...(asshole  :P )...

[pedant]For asshole read arsehole.[/pedant]
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 11:34:21 AM »
Any penalties for those that were using DRS incorrectly?
No, not this round. Just warnings as we got used to how it should work (I sent a PM to someone who was clearly doing it wrong). But see the RBR thread - next round there will be penalties.

I didnt get home til very late last night with road works everywhere and a delay in the flight. With DRS it would be good to see in results any illegal uses but also not giving a penalty to those clearly using it all race is a big disadvantage to those that did. I think people running out front at faster then their qualy pace likely used it every lap in race 2. ;)
After getting used to the DRS app, people used it well. There was only one guy who wasn't using it properly, who was not on TeamSpeak and so probably misunderstood.

Yes, I'll aim to display a bit more DRS info in the race results.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 12:07:20 PM »
Sorry about the coming together in race 1 Freezer  :( didn't do either of us any good. I tried to leave enough room but
that corner tends to take you wide. I'm running in VR and unfortunately virtual mirror and name tags won't show in VR
so until your post I wasn't even sure who I'd tangled with. :-[ Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 12:41:21 PM »
and we lost no psotion except for joe taking advantage passing (asshole  :P).

You certainly aided me there, though shortly before the crash you did shout "i'm coming wally, i'm coming", perhaps that had something to do with the incident? Regardless I was catching you both pretty quickly anyway and when I got behind your grandad driving it wasn't exactly hard to get past. You know that pedal on the right? You gotta push it all the way down.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 01:40:12 PM »
Sorry about the coming together in race 1 Freezer  :( didn't do either of us any good. I tried to leave enough room but
that corner tends to take you wide. I'm running in VR and unfortunately virtual mirror and name tags won't show in VR
so until your post I wasn't even sure who I'd tangled with. :-[ Dave O.
All good Dave.  It looked like you came off the inside kerb a bit and we hooked wheels....... it happens!

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 01:56:18 PM »
Any penalties for those that were using DRS incorrectly?
No, not this round. Just warnings as we got used to how it should work (I sent a PM to someone who was clearly doing it wrong). But see the RBR thread - next round there will be penalties.

Cool, cheers Wally!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 05:50:13 PM »
and we lost no psotion except for joe taking advantage passing (asshole  :P).

You certainly aided me there, though shortly before the crash you did shout "i'm coming wally, i'm coming", perhaps that had something to do with the incident? Regardless I was catching you both pretty quickly anyway and when I got behind your grandad driving it wasn't exactly hard to get past. You know that pedal on the right? You gotta push it all the way down.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA spot on joe...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

But now revenge on the track............. :o :o :o

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 06:38:53 PM by Simone »

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 06:24:55 PM »
Surprised how fun these cars are to race very nice :)

Race 1 never raced this car so i bogged it instantly off the line and fell back to 6th lol, Had jeremy in front so I stayed behind him as he had pace and was able to claw the positions back but it turned out most of the people in front of us spun so jeremy ended up leading and i was p3 but got caught behind a spinning car he just passed I so lost time to jeremy. So from there I was doing qual laps trying to bring down the 4 sec gap to jeremy and phil, i realised i didnt set the tyre pressures for my incoming so i stayed out to lap 17 or so to reduce the hurt lol, i tried slowly driving in the pit lane to adjust the pressure but my box was to close to the pit entrance so it was in vein and it cost me coming out of the pits in front of jeremy and phil. Car handled crap with the over pressured tyres but i then saw jeremy got a time pen so now phil was leading in front of me so that built the motivation to pass and i got him in the drs zone and that was that :)

Race 2 got a nice clean start and picked people off 1 by 1 until i got to p2 and saw kcender to far out the front with good pace so i settled for p2 :) A far simpler race compared to race 1 but all good fun!

DRS app was a nice touch too
do you even motorsports?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 06:53:06 PM »
Hey Grat, you owe me a position for the race 1 punt  ;D  Maki Engineering would have finished ahead of DA Racing if it was not for that strategic accident.
Yeah,... sorry again about that. Completely unjustifiable, given that I was lapped. Only thing I can say in my defense is that half a second earlier (i.e., entering the last chicane) I wasn't even close to you... ;)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2017, 06:56:41 PM »
it turned out most of the people in front of us spun

Race 2 ... so i settled for p2 :)

1. "spun" is not the correct word ;)
2. I was really getting you... you settling *** ;)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2017, 07:37:20 PM »
haha well something happened because cars were in the dirt :P
do you even motorsports?

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2017, 08:47:24 PM »
Hey Grat, you owe me a position for the race 1 punt  ;D  Maki Engineering would have finished ahead of DA Racing if it was not for that strategic accident.
Yeah,... sorry again about that. Completely unjustifiable, given that I was lapped. Only thing I can say in my defense is that half a second earlier (i.e., entering the last chicane) I wasn't even close to you... ;)

lol  Broke my nose against Bacchulum rear so was just crawling around.

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2017, 07:33:46 PM »
Apologies to AJ for the tap - bad driving by me. :( I came in to this season ill prepared/half sick.

the cars are rewarding when you get it right, but on the edge they can be quite bitey....

looking forward to the next one.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2017, 12:53:03 AM »
All good mate  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal