Xtreme Gaming Network

S18R1: Brands Hatch Indy Post Race

Author Topic: S18R1: Brands Hatch Indy Post Race  (Read 13472 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S18R1: Brands Hatch Indy Post Race
« on: July 25, 2017, 09:57:36 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

Lap 1 Penalties
None - clean race starts.

Round Points
Phil.8    100
Kcender87    91
Matthew111    90
Bacchulum    88
Joe    82
Mael    81
Jeremy    79
Shayne    75
DJB    74
RussG    66
ab156    63
Uncle Tim    63
Wally    63
AJ    52
Rob    52
bradc    48
Slow_As    48
Dave O    45
Freezer    45
Doobs    44
SkilletKid    37
Shameless    32
DJB    28
Flattop    13
Seanus    11

Congratulation to Phil on the clean sweep, taking home maximum points.

Season Podium
1. Phil.8, 100 pts
2. Kcender87, 91
3. Matthew111, 90

Teams Championship
1. Krahl Racing (Phil and Joe), 182
2. Struggle Street Racing Crew (Matthew and Jeremy), 169
3. Aleph Null Ltd (Bacchulum and Doobs), 132
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:09:02 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
Re: S18R1: Brands Hatch Indy Post Race
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 10:03:41 PM »
Gees my poor ol body did not like my return to racing sims.. feel like I've ran a triathlon..  First race I did qualify better than I expected, but my fat arse is slow off the line so I knew I was going to drop back.. played it safe for most of the first lap and the rest of the night was just getting used to the car with a joystick again. Works great on a full tank, it's a bloody handful on half a tank. 

I slid around the first corner of the second race but couldn't pull the nose around and ended up stuck in the center of the circuit sideways to see freezer coming full speed and T-bone. I had no time to get it back into the right gear and rev to move it sorry freezer.. There was also another car on the circuit sideways too so the lead pack had nowhere to go.. i pitted and repaired, changed tires and came back out, didn't lose a position, in all a good race for me for the start of the season.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 10:11:35 PM »
Started 4th and bogged down at the start losing some positions. On lap two was side by side with Freezer through Druids and we had a little impact on the next left where Freezer took the apex while I was expected room to be left as thought I was fairly overlapped. Hard to tell in the moment but we both drove out of it but lost of a few places so no big deal. I think I was in 11th then and had a clean race from then on making a few passes mostly as people made mistakes. Not sure where I finished so will wait for the results but I think around 7th.

Race 2 was the most intense and close race I've had I think. Diehard got past me off the start and after that I was behind him with Jeremy and Mael behind. We stayed like that for quite some time until at one point Diehard slowed when I didn't expect and I had to hit the brakes with gave Jeremy his chance to pass me. Then many many laps in a Diehard, Jeremy, myself and Mael train which was a lot of fun.

At one stage I missed my blip on the downshift at Graham Hill(??) and went wide allowing Mael to go along side me. From my view I was over to the right of the track going straight and Mael veered into me from the left and spun off. Would be keen to see what it looked like in a replay as it seemed a bit odd. After that I caught back up with Diehard and Jeremy and some lap in the early 30s Diehard went wide on the final turn allowing Jeremy and myself to squeeze through.

I seemed to have more pace but there was no getting by Jeremy; we were side by side a lot during the race but could never make the pass stick. With a couple of laps to go he went out wide though T1 and I got the pass at Druids. Think I finished 5th.

Great quality racing as always with XGN.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 10:29:12 PM »
Race two was crazy. I lost a couple of places on the start and got stuck behind Diehard, Joe and Jeremy. AT stages it felt like they connived against me. Every single time I got a good run at Joe he pulled alongside Jeremy leaving me no space to pass  ;D  That went on for lap after lap. And when i finally got pass Joe ( missed gear?) I managed to orchestrate a accident in the only straight of the track. Not sure what happened Joe, I may have drifted over into you path without intent.

The off-road excursion meant a bit of hard work to get past Diehard. I even almost made it past Jeremy after a mistake by him in the last few corners, unfortunately he parked his car smack in the middle of the road. No space to pass  :(  Good defense Jeremy.

Great racing!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 10:35:43 PM »
On lap two was side by side with Freezer through Druids and we had a little impact on the next left where Freezer took the apex while I was expected room to be left as thought I was fairly overlapped.
Yeah sorry Joe, looking at the replay I swept in a bit to tight and didn't give you enough room..... thankfully we didn't loose to much.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 10:46:07 PM »
There's no race 2 results Wally. ???

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 10:55:40 PM »
Yeah, I noticed. The blogger site is having problems and I can't update the post. I'll fix it when it's working properly again.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 08:14:38 AM »
Fixed... for now.

My races were OK, not too eventful. In race 2, my concentration started to waver a bit, and a couple of loose moments putting some wheels on the grass to slow me down, letting the hard-chasing ab156 and Uncle Tim past on two separate occasions. But I made up a couple of places (or more) when there was some incident at T1 that left cars scattered on the side of the track. I only saw the aftermath of that one. It was very considerate of all the crashed cars to be off the racing line :)

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 10:01:17 AM »
Race 1 was fantastic.

Race 2 I got balked at the start and couldn't get back into the conga line on the racing line until I was 18th or something. I got back into a rhythm and was having a merry old time until I lost concentration, and went off the track having a spin which dropped me back to 22nd or something. I got going again and was trying to get by Shameless when he had a spin at turn one. I couldn't avoid him and t-boned him. Unfortunately for some leaders I couldn't find reverse fast enough and got hit, which screwed their cars and mine. Sorry, but I was trying to not be parked there.  No ones fault really, it was just bad luck, and timing.

I still had fun regardless. These cars are fun to drive............................even if they do have a roof, and no wings.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 10:08:35 AM »
I managed to orchestrate a accident in the only straight of the track. Not sure what happened Joe, I may have drifted over into you path without intent.

Hah yeah that's what it looked like to me but didn't expect that from a pro like yourself. Awesome intense racing with you on my tail though.

Had a feeling stats would show something like this:

Hunted: Jeremy [Struggle Street Racing Crew] (avg gap to car behind 0.54 secs)
Busiest: Joe [Krahl Racing] (avg total gap in front and behind 1.41 secs)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:07:29 PM by Joe »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 12:49:18 PM »
Race 1 was a good, intense battle all the way, and I managed to gain 2 places. 8)

Race 2 was teeing up to be the same until I missed a gear and tried to regain the time by over driving in worn tyres.
Of course, I ended up on the grass and in no mans land between 3rd and 5th. :)

Now we see what the restrictor brings to the game......

2+2=√16

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 06:06:24 PM »
Hi Wally,
There are 2 DJB's in the standings ....
DJB    74
DJB    28
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 06:12:46 PM »
Hi Wally,
There are 2 DJB's in the standings ....
DJB    74
DJB    28
Thanks, I just fixed that. DJB the first was diehard's alter ego :)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »
where are the videos?... I was promised videos... ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 07:59:40 PM »
where are the videos?... I was promised videos... ;)

Here you go. Just shake your screen a bit.
Code: [Select]
                    .--------.
              ____/_____|___ \___
             O    _   - |   _   ,*
              '--(_)-------(_)--'

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal