Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R2: Spa Race Chat

Author Topic: S19R2: Spa Race Chat  (Read 35773 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S19R2: Spa Race Chat
« on: October 18, 2017, 11:02:26 PM »
This week we travel to Spa for round 2, where Grat and Kcender will try to gain ground on Matthew in the LMP1 class and killagorilla will try to consolidate his early lead in the GT3 standings.

The weather is a cool 14 degrees, with very light winds.

You will need the OSRW PIT MOD.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:23:53 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S19R2: Spa Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 11:04:41 PM »
...and the practice server is up.

LAP TIMES
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 07:28:31 AM »
Wally, any merit in the idea of 2 separate groups in the rolling start as per the "real" WEC?

The LMP cars grouped together controlled by the poll setter, then a gap, and then the GT3 group controlled by the fastest GT3. The 2 classes are not racing against each other, and having a gap may make the start less congested and reduce the chance of a possible 1st lap incident.

Just a thought.

rob

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:02:34 AM »
It's worth a try. We could see what happens if both LMP1 and GT3 leaders don't go any higher than 2nd gear. That may naturally spread the two groups apart. I don't think the start was an issue in any case. The most dangerous thing I saw was a lot of braking and weaving. That puts people at risk of formation lap accidents. How much does that really warm the tyres in AC anyway?

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 10:22:19 AM »
mine were 25 degrees when i started them race from just scrubbing the hard in the corners mainly, up from like 18 or 19 whatever they were
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 10:43:25 AM »
I only got the LMP1 mediums up by 1 degree.

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 11:02:31 AM »
i wasnt so much weaving as steering as hard as I could in the corners, getting that rubber screeching
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 11:20:06 AM »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 11:57:47 AM »
i wasnt so much weaving as steering as hard as I could in the corners, getting that rubber screeching
That's the only thing that really works, from what I know about the AC tyre model. You need the screech.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 12:23:41 PM »
It's worth a try. We could see what happens if both LMP1 and GT3 leaders don't go any higher than 2nd gear. That may naturally spread the two groups apart. I don't think the start was an issue in any case. The most dangerous thing I saw was a lot of braking and weaving. That puts people at risk of formation lap accidents. How much does that really warm the tyres in AC anyway?

Yes was a lot of weaving in front of me and what looked like some near contacts. I never do as I've not noticed it make any difference, though I have no app for tyre temp or wear as I just go by feel.

Offline rexology

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »
The most dangerous thing I saw was a lot of braking and weaving. That puts people at risk of formation lap accidents. How much does that really warm the tyres in AC anyway?

I agree with you Wally. As one of the new boys on the block, I thought the formation lap would be just a half paced lap, Hence I wasn't expecting hard acceleration & braking and I nearly ran into the back of Feezer about 3 times. I thought everyone would be thinking, oh here we go the new bloke has caused a pile up on the formation lap  :o

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 06:57:31 PM »
I am not sure I understand: if the car ahead accelerates you do not need to necessarily follow immediately.

In any case, I think I managed to get all my tyres around 40C and at a low but decent pressure. Understeering on purpose on tight corners is the best you can do for the front ones (though braking hard helps a bit). Waving is also good---less effective, but if you do not do it you lose all the heat between a corner and another. For the rears, you need acceleration. Brutal acceleration.

I am guilty as charged about some (of course, completely involuntary) collision when lapping GT3s in the last 20 minutes of the race. I am sorry about it. That seems to be a much more difficult and important issue to solve than the warm up lap. I actually enjoy a lot the realistic challenge of the warm up lap. I mean, if we do not try to warm up tyres in the warm up lap.... whare are we warming, the seat? ;)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 07:44:41 PM »
Problems During Checksum

Cannot join the server.. OSRW for spa installed..

Doing a validation in steam but doubt that's the issue. edit: Validated 100% still the same error on server.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:08:59 PM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 09:50:52 PM »
Problems During Checksum

Doing a validation in steam but doubt that's the issue. edit: Validated 100% still the same error on server.
Maybe make sure you download the OSRW mod from the 1st post and make sure that's in place.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 10:12:30 PM »
Problems During Checksum

Maybe make sure you download the OSRW mod from the 1st post and make sure that's in place.

Downloaded it from your link on this thread and it's installed correctly as per the compressed file.
 Even uninstalled spa, reinstalled spa and put the OSRW files back from the compressed file, same issue, regardless of car choice, I'd say its still a track issue.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:15:08 PM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal