Xtreme Gaming Network

S11 R4 - Ahvenisto - 30/11/2017

Author Topic: S11 R4 - Ahvenisto - 30/11/2017  (Read 16151 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S11 R4 - Ahvenisto - 30/11/2017
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 06:04:50 PM »
I hope that's ok with everyone
I am sure it will be Phil :)

But make fuel usage 300%, it would more accurately reflect the stone age cast iron engine's fuel usage  8)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 06:14:42 PM »
We are having huge thunderstorm by Tassie standards atm and my power has flickered couple of times, so if I don't make the race tonight the server is already to go and just needs ticking over to practice at 7.30
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 07:06:35 PM »
We are having huge thunderstorm by Tassie standards atm and my power has flickered couple of times, so if I don't make the race tonight the server is already to go and just needs ticking over to practice at 7.30
Hope you can still make it Phil.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 09:15:52 PM »
This was a really good track.  I did not expect the result, but I'll happily take it.  It has really suited me and the car somehow.
Great driving gents - far less than expected accidents!  I guess everyone was pretty careful because the track looked and felt fairly treacherous :)

I WIN!

(sorry it hasn't happened in a while)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 09:20:46 PM »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 10:26:58 PM »
Awesome track, great race guys. The car felt really good here and finally tuned out most of the understeer I was having. First few laps chasing humper until he ran wide out of the last turn, up into second. Next half dozen or so I had a bit of pressure from Joe which had me making a few mistakes. Around lap 10 Joe ran wide out of the last turn also, the pressure was off and I could focus on chasing bird. While I wasn't making mistakes I could get close but not within striking distance. Bird pitted and I kept on for another and set my best lap. Hoping to get the jump in the pit I missed my pit marker which cost me a couple of seconds and I came out right behind bird, would have made it an interesting battle had I not made that mistake. I had the sound of the awesome daytona roaring over my head while going under the bridge during laps 19-21. Had big four wheel drift across the grass on the apex on the turn after the jump but managed to hang on luckily. Then got the right rear out on the grass at the pit exit, had another major slide and almost wiped myself out, again lucky and just scraped the right doors on the fence. All my mistakes definitely cost me and would have been great to have a bit closer battles with bird, still good racing and good fun thanks guys!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 10:41:41 PM »
Good fun up front with bird and bueller for first half putting some pressure on. I started to realise i was either going to run out of fuel or be very close to so i had to slow down and add more fuel to my stop on the fly.

I pitted just behind bird but missed the pit box and had to reverse losing a fair bit of time. I started putting in pb after pb and almost caught bueller again until i went a little wide at t1. I came off the power and slowly slid and touched the cliff which fired me into the air doing a barrel roll landing on my wheels. I barely touched it and was then totally stuck. Shame to loose the place with just 4 mins remaining.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 06:50:53 AM »
Congratulations Bird, Bueller and Humper and great to see a win celebrated and bad luck Joe. Another great night of racing for the most part until I hit a length of ARMCO and got stuck in it, the car didn't bounce off but was embedded in it and it took me a while to extricate my car :'(. Thanks for the encouragement Phil, but I think I will probably be in the battle for third place,with Bird and Wally fighting it out for first.
I also would like to say I think the standard of driving here on Thursday nights is excellent, which always makes for a very enjoyable evening, with no win at any cost attitudes being shown :) :) 8).  This would have to be one of the best AC mods there is , and the sounds are just internal combustion engine music ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 07:56:12 AM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 08:12:15 AM »
Oh, yea, forgot the fuel; I went with Wally's prediction plus a bit (75L all up) and barely made it...shows it's not worth trying to save weight on fuel, it barely makes a difference - especially in these cars! - but can be the sudden end of the race.

Bueller, that was a mighty fight, I was wondering what happened to you in the pits as you seemed to push on before, right on my tail yet come out way behind - and I wasn't entirely quick with my pit, but at least haven't effed it up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 08:44:05 AM »
For the record, I was fine with fuel :)

Well done Bird on the bravery with the Pantera. Apart from my spin on 6grass which lost me a spot to Dave O, I overshot my pit box too. Other than that, a surprisingly good consistent run.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 08:51:02 AM »
Surprised there wasn't more carnage here. Could see right from the start I had no chance of catching Bird. A few laps in put a wheel in the gravel at the kink onto the front straight and Bueller plus Joe went by.

Couldn't catch those guys backup either so just lapped around by myself watching Wally closing on me and when i tried to pickup the pace i just ended up going slower. Unfortunately Wally had an incident and we never had the opportunity to see how he was going to get around me  :P

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 05:19:44 PM »
Really enjoyed the track even if the "jump" caught me out twice. Had to work hard during the second part of the race to stay ahead of Rob, could see him getting closer lap by lap until the track got to him  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 05:26:25 PM »
Really enjoyed the track even if the "jump" caught me out twice. Had to work hard during the second part of the race to stay ahead of Rob, could see him getting closer lap by lap until the track got to him  ;D

You were there?  ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 08:00:44 PM »

You were there?  ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 08:42:04 PM »

You were there?  ;D

Ask Wally & Dave (for a couple of laps at least)  ;D 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal