Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 759026 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
AC News
« on: June 06, 2014, 08:22:41 AM »
Kunos: "Sadly the new netcode client system nor the graphics improvement will make it into tomorrow's update. It's going to be a minor update :("
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 10:07:29 AM »
Dear followers,
the new update of Assetto Corsa is available on Steam Early access: take advantage of the Steam sales and get the game in early access at 30% less of the full price. By the way, we wish to thank you for the great support you are giving to Assetto Corsa, this will let us improve the game more and more as we get closer to the final release.
New sounds in development!
Modern gamers are never happy: they want more. We are gamers too, so we know how you feel. While our programmers are working hard on improving AI and multiplayer code, we have some extra news that we are pretty sure you will like a lot. We try to be always honest with you, and we recognize that one of the areas where there is more room for improvement is the sound environment. When we conceived Assetto Corsa, we have designed its structure in order to make the job as easier as possible for modders, but in some way, this has affected our choices and how Assetto Corsa performs sound effects. We have decided to provide a huge enhancement to the sound experience in Assetto Corsa: the final version of the game will be powered by FMod: FMOD Studio is an audio content creation tool for games, with a focus on a ‘Pro Audio’ approach: it’s used by Driveclub, Forza Motorsport 5 and other AAA racing titles and it’s the perfect choice to give Assetto Corsa what it is still missing. This will require a great effort from our team in order to convert or reproduce from scratch the sound packages for each car, but the internal tests already underway, are very encouraging. We are sure that AC gamers will be enthusiastic about the final result and that alone, will worth the investment needed.
New graphics effects in development!
If the sfx department works hard, obviously the gfx department couldn’t stay behind, working on lot of improvements and optimizations on the graphics side: we won’t go deeply in details for now, but at the end Assetto Corsa will provide a more immersive environment, post-processing effects, new shaders for cars and tracks, and more.
What’s new
Now: what’s new in the today’s release? this version provides several fixes for current contents and features, and introduces the most waited AC editor feature, the car export, including the 3D pipeline documentation, a 3D driver template and a 3D geometry with hierarchies, to allow modders to start to create their models. We would like to remind you that the physics features set is not yet complete, and that the future changes to the audio engine will require new sound sets compatible with FMOD.
Coming soon…
Is that all? Not yet: we haven’t mention new licenses for a while, but this does not mean that our licensing department is on vacation: do you remember the polls of this winter and the most voted cars? Well, we are ready to surprise you one more time. We don’t want to bore you with too many news, so let’s keep the secret a bit more..
Changelog 0.20
 - New setting enables forms to overlap ingame
 - Fix to some cars in showroom
 - Fixed debug apps
 - Improved log messages for easier debug
 - Improvements in skybox rendering inside the cubemap
 - Addedd penalty in time attack for going too slow
 - Fixed Time Attack spawn position in some track
 - Added Formula K car with open physics as a template car for modders (found inside folder sdk/dev)
 - Added open tyre physics files from all AC cars (found inside folder sdk/dev/tyres_ac) as examples
 - BMW Z4 GT3 performance balance (slightly faster)
 - Corrected non working mirrors on Lotus Exige 240r
 - Corrected non working mirrors on Lotus Exige S Roadster
 - Corrected disappearing cockpit on M3 E92
 - Corrected wrong proportions on Ferrari 458 mirrors
 - Corrected internal glasses on lotus GTC and GX
 - Fixed Python lap count
 - Increased Setup bar animation speed
 - Fixed error for laptimes > 99:59:999
 - New Shared Memory Layout (update your application!) check our official support forums for examples.
 - Fixed non-ascii symbols on Setup Tab
 - Fixed time left showed in Basic App during practice solo session
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 11:03:56 AM »
Hmmmm nice they have the sound in the pipeline, good stuff.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 11:11:59 AM »
I looking forward to borrowing an Oculus Rift set from work :)
And Targia Flora for a between seasons event?
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 11:29:50 AM »
There's a multiplayer bug in this update which has disabled car collisions. Hope they get that fixed before Tuesday :)

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/no-collision-detection-in-multiplayer.11381

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 12:38:26 PM »
bugger, they've done nothing to mp - well, apart form that bug. :(

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 01:43:36 PM »
I don't know about you guys but I'm getting even more FPS slow-down now when on the AC server.  Hot-lapping is fine.  It's quite off-putting and it doesn't seem to matter what graphics changes I make.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »
Rsr Live time isn't connecting for me. Even with latest version re-installed.
Rivali OV1 isn't working either.

Are you guys having any app drama?

My frame rates have been fine. But I'm not on the practice server, I'm practicing for practice.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 04:04:23 PM »

My frame rates have been fine. But I'm not on the practice server, I'm practicing for practice.
I think many apps are broken by this update, and we have to wait for the app authors to fix them.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 04:10:50 PM »
Car Engineer is actually improved! ;)
But I haven't been able to set times at RSR. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 04:12:10 PM »

I think many apps are broken by this update, and we have to wait for the app authors to fix them.

why aren't they as efficient as you Wally?? ;)

and thanks for updating the graphs as well...
How much do I need to send to your paypal account to fudge my results?? 8)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 04:27:24 PM »
I'm just killing time watching the V8's ;)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 04:28:26 PM »
Go Vangisbergen... even if he is a Kiwi ;)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 04:55:28 PM »
Can Formula K be added as a normal car?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 05:01:04 PM »
Can Formula K be added as a normal car?
I believe it can - I read briefly on the AC support forum something about copying a template folder somewhere.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal