Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 2nd

Author Topic: Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 2nd  (Read 26744 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 2nd
« on: September 30, 2014, 12:24:11 PM »
We have an open server running at the moment with the Corvette_6r on the Brno and Miseluk tracks.
You can also run the Shelby Cobra S/C if you wish... maybe a good handicapper on the nigth? :)

Not sure what was happening with the pings on the Thursday server, it was displaying double Tuesday's ping in the lobby and 8K+ in game!!!!!!!!!!
Restarted the AWS and I will check tonight if now settled to what we expect.

No password, open for all users unless we get some unruly peeps on the night.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 2nd
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 03:48:06 PM »
I just tried the server and got a missmatch with the Brno track, not sure what version its running but may be best to include a dl link to any tracks your running.

Also the server is a regular booking server with nobody prebooked so just about anyone that wants to run on it will likely be on their own. I think it would be better to just pick one of the 2 tracks and set it up without booking so people can join any time or add all the league guys at least pre booked. I joined the server and after leaving am still booked and nobody else can join now with 55m practice, 15m qualy and the race so the open booking servers just dont work too well if you want it open to public and not prebook anyone.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »
thanks Marty, I'm learning all the time  ::)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 07:23:40 PM »
thanks Marty, I'm learning all the time  ::)

Just wondering how you guys go about setting up the server, when I do it I just use the acserverlauncher.exe in my main game folder. Here I can control all settings without needing to alter any ini files manually. You can also set the entry list quite easily and select skins for all cars or add GUID's if needed.

Then once done just press save and then copy the server_cfg.ini and entry_list.ini file over to the server. You can make up multiple cfg files and entry lists before hand and save them in seperate folders if you want a quick change. Then if you paste back any file you want to edit simply paste back the entry list and cfg file into SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\server\cfg and open the AC server config application or for a basic change just edit the ini with notepad even on the server.

The preset button doesnt work for me but maybe as I saved presets with old build and the entry list is a little annoying as it only shows 4 cars with lots of wasted space. But doing it with this file I find much easier and quicker then editing ini files manualy needing to know what the exact skin, car and track names are.

It may be worth a try if your still just doing it all with a manual edit.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 07:30:35 PM »
Ill speak to you tonight
But o attempted create local
With entry list
Uploaded
Started server
Fails :(

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 05:00:39 PM »
Bruce, what tracks are planned for this Thursday? If Misaluk..?? then I need to practise since I can't find my way around that track yet!

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 05:06:22 PM »
And it's official...

Dick Forrest has won the 1st Shelby Cobra cup!!!!

Due to unforeseen circumstances and lack of proof. Dick Forrest has won the cup by sheer brilliance, indomitable performance and handsomeness.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 07:16:51 PM »
Bruce, what tracks are planned for this Thursday? If Misaluk..?? then I need to practise since I can't find my way around that track yet!
Yes

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 07:17:21 PM »
And it's official...

Dick Forrest has won the 1st Shelby Cobra cup!!!!

Due to unforeseen circumstances and lack of proof. Dick Forrest has won the cup by sheer brilliance, indomitable performance and handsomeness.
No

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 10:27:46 PM »
Hey guys I have put up a test for the miseluk track in corvettes with al registered GUID's called "XGN Thursday Fun Race" to see if anyone has issue with this track. It wasnt going up on Bruce's server but I passed the config files onto him and it should work now as it seems to be fine on mine.

Edit: Ran some laps first time in this car and needed to go fairly hard to beat the time Bacchulum set in RSR, once I found the softer tyres and that you need to run quite a few laps to get them to optimum I knocked a little bit off the time.  ;)

Will be an interesting track, quite hazardous and needing a fairly low aero setup makes it move around quite a bit which was a bit of fun to hang on to. Maybe need to go less sideways for ultimate pace but at least letting the rear end go a bit is more fun.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:32:50 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 07:50:05 AM »
I'm looking forward to it. It's a fun track.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 09:22:01 AM »
Thanks Marty for you help. (and Wally) I had found that attempting to do too many things in the last fortnight, I am not getting all of them done properly :(
I have a definitive working ini files again after I screwed up the originals from Wally.  Strangly, configuring the server files locally with the server exe, the server would not start!!
Next week I will have a little more time to get it right.  A little more haha we have a daughter and her 2.5 and .8 year old for the last 9 weeks getting her bathroom re-invented (it is great having them) and getting my old FJ ready for the "Come and Try Day" at Rob Roy Hill climbs this week end...
So my apologies for the less than expected quality.

I have started the other server "AUS XGN.com.au BACKUP THURSDAY" but happy to wear out marty's :)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 11:03:14 AM »
Thanks Marty for you help. (and Wally) I had found that attempting to do too many things in the last fortnight, I am not getting all of them done properly :(
I have a definitive working ini files again after I screwed up the originals from Wally.  Strangly, configuring the server files locally with the server exe, the server would not start!!
Next week I will have a little more time to get it right.  A little more haha we have a daughter and her 2.5 and .8 year old for the last 9 weeks getting her bathroom re-invented (it is great having them) and getting my old FJ ready for the "Come and Try Day" at Rob Roy Hill climbs this week end...
So my apologies for the less than expected quality.

I have started the other server "AUS XGN.com.au BACKUP THURSDAY" but happy to wear out marty's :)

All stirring aside Bruce. You have done and are doing. A great job. I know I wouldn't know where to start.
Just wing it Bruce. We are all pretty laid back I think. Like bird said. It's about fun.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 02:15:39 PM »
No worries Bruce glad to help out, everyone has to learn somewhere and dealing with pre releas Kunos software is not always requiring a logical approach for the proper results.

Your server is up and working, you may want to change a couple things. Add a practice session and also disable penalties as I had it on 3 tyres allowed out. I have been running the server on 12hz lately without issues even 14 has been fine but if something happens drop it back down to 10. Here is the server ini with these things fixed as I had them wrong not sure if you noticed. Also voting I have at 51% not sure if you want to lower this but going too low just means Dick will boot me and guybrush while also restarting every practice and qualy session.  ;)

[SERVER]
NAME=AUS XGN.com.au BACKUP THURSDAY
CARS=corvette_c6r
TRACK=miseluk
SUN_ANGLE=-52
MAX_CLIENTS=16
RACE_OVER_TIME=90
PORT=9600
HTTP_PORT=8081
REGISTER_TO_LOBBY=1
PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED=0
SLEEP_TIME=1
VOTING_QUORUM=51
VOTE_DURATION=10
BLACKLIST_MODE=2
CLIENT_SEND_INTERVAL_HZ=12
USE_FLOW_CONTROL=0
LOOP_MODE=1
PASSWORD=
ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=4
DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER=100
FUEL_RATE=100
TYRE_WEAR_RATE=100

[PRACTICE]
NAME=Free Practice
TIME=80
WAIT_TIME=30

[QUALIFY]
NAME=Qualify
TIME=12
WAIT_TIME=60

[RACE]
NAME=Race
LAPS=6
WAIT_TIME=50

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 07:42:50 PM »
Here is my setup quite low aero many may hate it but its quicker then default.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal