Xtreme Gaming Network

New version of my track cutting app

Author Topic: New version of my track cutting app  (Read 13894 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New version of my track cutting app
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 03:15:49 PM »
Would be useful to add the 50km slowdown on anyone who hasn't taken it in time? Can you do that with the app?

No, you can't really control anything via an app. I don't like the slowdown - it's dangerous for the person behind. In the FIA, if you don't take a penalty in time, it's a DQ. Interestingly, if there's 3 laps or less to the end of the race, you don't have to take the drive through, but you get 20 seconds added to your time at the finish.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 03:24:30 PM »
Would be useful to add the 50km slowdown on anyone who hasn't taken it in time? Can you do that with the app?
Hell NO!  and I'm sorry but no, no and NO!  It's so bloody dangerous it's not funny.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 04:04:11 PM »
And the golden rule of sims I reckon is don't do too much for the player. Auto-pit speed limiter... puh-LEASE.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 04:05:21 PM »

No, you can't really control anything via an app. I don't like the slowdown - it's dangerous for the person behind. In the FIA, if you don't take a penalty in time, it's a DQ. Interestingly, if there's 3 laps or less to the end of the race, you don't have to take the drive through, but you get 20 seconds added to your time at the finish.

I dont like the slow downs but funily enough Brundle was talking about this in the f1 Qualy or practice last nite, he suggested they cut engine power to any car that goes 4 wheels out to avoid abusing track limits. Maybe he has been playing AC lately and is one of the few that thinks thats a good penalty.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »
What could possibly go wrong? :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 05:37:40 PM »
Just thinking about the different tracks in AC, and realistically I reckon the only one you can gain any time on by cutting is Imola.  Unless you are blatantly driving straight through chicanes, etc. I think the other tracks you loose more time by taking too much curb, etc.

But there is the issue where in real life the cars are allowed to go completely over the white lines on some corners, so whether you want it to be like this or just a blanket rule.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 05:47:11 PM »
Exceeding track limits on corner exit can be just as advantageous as cutting an apex on some tracks, so I prefer a blanket rule (the track is the track (to give a tautology)). 8)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 09:24:45 PM »
Yes I think track limits being enforced are a good thing, there are exits at Silverstone and Monza where ti.e can be gained by exceeding track limits. I really havent noticed the app running much and can run my normal lines without issue. Most of my cuts have been when Ive had offs rather then gaining time but still havent had more then 1 in a race.

Some people do use lots of exit's quite regularly and this can also be at just about every track with Mugello the only track you gain nothing on exits or apexes by exceeding track limits.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 10:57:55 PM »
+ 1 to what he ^ said.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 11:00:57 PM »
+ 1 to what he ^ said.

LOL wtf even bots are on drugs these days.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal