Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R3: Spa post-race chat

Author Topic: S4R3: Spa post-race chat  (Read 18407 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: S4R3: Spa post-race chat
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 01:35:32 PM »
Good races!
Spa maybe a tad too long for too much action.

I dont see how length of track has any effect on proper racing action as in racing for position?

I'll try to explain it;  get 24 beans.  Draw a circle with 5cm diameter.  Put all beans on the circle's circumference at equidistant locations.
Now do it with a circle with 50cm diameter.   
Note the distance between the beans in each case. 

I know what you mean tho, just having a go :)  When it comes to race positions, it should be the same.
Regardless, it's usually more fun on short tracks; the lapped/lapping traffic can add a lot to it.

Even here I've got a position thanks to lapped traffic, just read Guy's report :D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 05:25:06 PM »
Sorry Aiman in R1, I just lost it and t-boned you.
And Ed, concertina effect caught me out, all my fault.

Sorry everyone for quitting in R2, I never do that.
My mood was low, my head was aching (from the 'shaking') and when I spun I just couldn't bear the thought of hotlapping for another 1/2 hour.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 06:48:01 PM »
Sorry Aiman in R1, I just lost it and t-boned you.
And Ed, concertina effect caught me out, all my fault.

Sorry everyone for quitting in R2, I never do that.
My mood was low, my head was aching (from the 'shaking') and when I spun I just couldn't bear the thought of hotlapping for another 1/2 hour.

Are you talking about the high speed camera shaking? You can turn that down, or off, in the game settings.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 07:00:07 PM »
Already turned off Wally but it still shakes too much for me.

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
S4R3: Spa post-race chat
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 07:04:24 PM »
Have you tried the real head motion app? Not sure what it does exactly but claims to stop the artificial shaking of the image by simulating what your head and brain does in real life ie compensate for the shaking.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/Real-head-motion-0%2E8%2E0.4755/
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:11:35 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 08:16:34 PM »
I'll give it a go.
The brain can compensate for head-shake but it has nothing for world-shake (which is what the game does).

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 09:21:23 PM »
Have you tried the real head motion app? Not sure what it does exactly but claims to stop the artificial shaking of the image by simulating what your head and brain does in real life ie compensate for the shaking.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/Real-head-motion-0%2E8%2E0.4755/

I use that app religiously. It takes a bit of fiddling to set the parameters the way you like it, but for me, it smooths the head movement, and gives you a compromise between having the camera fixed to the car and fixed to the horizon, neither of which is realistic.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 09:39:49 PM »
Good races!

I dont see how length of track has any effect on proper racing action as in racing for position?

I'll try to explain it;  get 24 beans.  Draw a circle with 5cm diameter.  Put all beans on the circle's circumference at equidistant locations.

I know what you mean tho, just having a go :)  When it comes to race positions, it should be the same.
Regardless, it's usually more fun on short tracks; the lapped/lapping traffic can add a lot to it.

Even here I've got a position thanks to lapped traffic, just read Guy's report :D

But why would you change the spacing as a larger track the gaps will be the same its just the diameter of the circle that changes. ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 10:18:30 PM »
I've updated the race results here: http://xgnassettocorsa.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/s4r3-gt-at-spa.html
to show the PLP/cut info.

All PLP version less than the latest show up yellow. This is a bit artificial this round, because I was the only one using the latest private version 0.7 for testing.

When you expand a racer's laps, you can see when they got a cut warning, when they were given a penalty and when they took it.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 06:01:39 AM »
For some reason I can't expand the drivers name to lap times now.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 07:14:03 AM »

What browser? It's working for me in Chrome.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 08:31:02 AM »
Good races!

But why would you change the spacing as a larger track the gaps will be the same its just the diameter of the circle that changes. ;D

It is to simulate a worst-case scenario ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 08:32:16 AM »
working here in latest Firefox.  Try to ctrl-F5 a couple of times...

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 09:14:28 AM »
Just my HTC phone browser.  I have it to desktop mode but doesn't expand any more.  That's cool I'll just view them on my desktop PC.  Ta.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal