Xtreme Gaming Network

Cobra Cup Season 4 Options

Author Topic: Cobra Cup Season 4 Options  (Read 7632 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« on: March 08, 2015, 11:51:01 AM »
Current thoughts for next Thursday season

Not sure whether or not everyone would prefer the Alfa GTA or should we stick to mod cars for Thursday races? Also, will AC1.1 break the mod cars?? We'll see on Thursday.

I think the Lambo would make a good alternative to the Alfa for the next season. It looks great, handles well, sounds fantastic with unique sounds. It could be official content in AC1.1?

The Honda NSX is a surprisingly good mod. It is a light, good handling car which is pretty easy to drive. Well suited to Thursdays. It needs to be tested however before committing to a season. It would be good to include the Honda in the trials night to see how it goes.

We've tested the Jaguar and it is an excellent mod. Maybe a bit quick for the "spirit" of Thursdays. It is really a race car rather than a road car.

The Cobra 427 Street Car needs no introduction except to point out that this is the mod version rather than the official content version. We haven't run this version in a series to my knowledge.

For the Season 4 tracks my idea was to stick to well known, good quality tracks but introduce a new mod track, Hockenheimring 1988. Grobnik and Donington have been updated recently. Eastern Creek has also been updated and we will use the 'proper' layout. Gentrack1 is always good to visit again.

19 March - Cobra Cup Season 4 Car Trials

Car Options:
   1. Alfa GTA
   2. Lamborghini Muira ****this is choice for now
   3. Honda NSX Std
   4. Broadstreet Jaguar
   5. Cobra 427 Street car

26 March - Free (I'm away)

Cobra Cup  Season 4
02 April - Round 1 Donington National
09 April - Round 2 Eastern Creek
16 April - Round 3 Gentrack1
23 April - Round 4 Hockenheimring 1988 - DTM
30 April - Round 5 Grobnik 2.0
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:14:07 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Cobra Cup Season 4 Options
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 07:26:26 PM »
I'd love to run the alfa.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 07:30:43 PM »
Gratulin, you have put a lot of thought in, it looks as if it wil be a good season... nice work.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 08:22:28 PM »
Nice one Gratulin. I reckon stick with the Kunos quality of the Alfa.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 06:27:59 PM »
Anything will be better than the Mini lol.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 06:37:42 PM »

Lol... Ah, the Mini's just a quirky little beast. Flattop reckons it handles like the real thing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 06:54:00 PM »

Lol... Ah, the Mini's just a quirky little beast. Flattop reckons it handles like the real thing.
Except it has a weird thing happening if you do a handbrake turn - keep the throttle on and it'll suddenly flip all the way back to the original direction.  That's just uncanny.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:40:52 AM »

Except it has a weird thing happening if you do a handbrake turn - keep the throttle on and it'll suddenly flip all the way back to the original direction.  That's just uncanny.
I seem to remember there is an inherit bug in sim racing code, used as an exploit at times, that will return all cars to striaght with full brake and full throttle scenario...

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 12:41:36 PM »

I seem to remember there is an inherit bug in sim racing code, used as an exploit at times, that will return all cars to striaght with full brake and full throttle scenario...

That itself is not entirely a bug, as long as the engine is stronger than the brakes (but not too much stronger) or if the pedals are handled appropriately (only on RWD!)
It has been demonstrated to work in real life, too on a lotus (can't ever find that vid again, tho) 
When the front loses traction and the rear has traction (brake+throttle can maintain this situation) then the car goes into severe understeer. 
Enough brake is needed to lock the fronts, while the throttle keeps the rear from locking.

I think in this case, though, it maybe some problem with the lateral grip / loss of grip when the tyres are spinning a bit, or the rotational inertia of the vehicle...or all combined :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:43:54 PM by Bird »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 03:27:23 PM »
We'll probably use the Alfa GTA for Season 4 but I'd really like to test the Honda NSX on the March 19 trial night. It is always good to run a new mod car in a larger field to see how it handles the load of multiple drivers. Also, the feedback from he better drivers is invaluable.

EDIT: We'll also test the Hockenheimring 1988 track to make sure it is ok for the season 4 race.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:35:03 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 04:46:02 PM »
Thanks Graulin, I'll be there for a short time, fly out next morning.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal