Xtreme Gaming Network

Donington fun run post race

Author Topic: Donington fun run post race  (Read 18873 times)

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
Donington fun run post race
« on: March 26, 2015, 10:40:55 PM »
Firstly sorry for disappearing from the last race..would u believe my pc crashed on the last turn of the last lap lol

Had a great night and have changed my opinion of the cars tonight...turned off aids I didn't know I had on and changed a few ff settings...loved the Alfa after I got it into my head these things are soggy road cars.....once I started to feel the grip and roll I kinda started to get it...had some amazing battles with krahl and wally and it reminded me very much of karting with trying to keep up momentum and not scrubbing of speed, had amazing battle with wally one of my best...I was actually jumping up and down in the seat trying to gain speed to pass wally lol...he maintained amazing resolve and held it together under severe paint swopping pressure...if fact I crashed where I missed the apex by a inch because we were so close I couldn't see the kerbs lol...sorry to dave in race one a weird bug he appeared to line up for race as I crossed the line in quali and I drove into him....weird, I tried to get a restart but no one realised I think Thanks for a very fun night I'm not going to delete AC now lol
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:50:57 PM by Wobblyone »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Donington fun run post race
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:45:46 PM »
Bugger, because it was on the practice server, I didn't have that set up to keep the logs, so I have no results.

But yes, the first two races were awesome, with great defensive battles.

In race 1, I was in the Lotus and had Krahl's BMW breathing down my neck the whole race, but I managed to hold him off.

Race 2, I was in the BMW and this time had Wobbly's Alfa on my bumper the whole race. It was only the speed of the BMW in the straights that kept me ahead.

Race 3, I was in the Alfa, but didn't do so well. I was quite loose, oversteering a bit and generally being messy, so slipped down to 4th, with Wobbly's Alfa, Krahl's Lotus and Bafs' BMW all passing me. I kind of found this one the hardest to drive, surprisingly. Maybe 30 psi was too much tyre pressure in the rear.

Three very different cars, but very evenly matched.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 10:53:53 PM »
Don't suppose u have replays wally... I'm m not even sure how to save them to be honest...I found the 30 psi to be perfect for me but suppose it depends on driving style..also weird that the 2 corners I made up most time were the same ones I loved in real life the old hairpin and the final chicane lol...awesome track never get bored of it and always produces good racing :) 

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 12:47:38 AM »
Shame I missed the race it looked like a real nasty night in Melbourne but somehow were we played tennis it was fine, other then blowing a gale and freezing that is lol.

To save replays from a MP session the easiest way is to exit the server at the end of the race, you must do it before it goes to next session. Then as you exit it will come up with a results screen and a button that says save replay. This will save the replay, sometimes if you miss this screen you can go into your "Documents\Assetto Corsa\replay" folder and rename the file named cr. That is the last replay file but to view this back you need to exit the launcher and come back.

You can also go to SP sessions and view results there which also should have a save replay option to save the last replay.

Its stuff like this that is rather annoying within AC as it really should be better by now. Still its the core driving that keeps me here alot of the other stuff really needs a bit more work to be at the level of many other sims.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 08:36:51 AM »
Don't suppose u have replays wally... I'm m not even sure how to save them to be honest...I found the 30 psi to be perfect for me but suppose it depends on driving style..also weird that the 2 corners I made up most time were the same ones I loved in real life the old hairpin and the final chicane lol...awesome track never get bored of it and always produces good racing :)

Here are the REPLAYS. You need 7Zip to open them.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 10:43:43 AM »
Thank you Marty wally :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 11:29:28 AM »
Sounds like you had a good night, along with a chance to try out the 3 cars in quick succession.
That track is a very good and I am looking forward to an all GTA Alfa season with it included.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 12:30:36 PM »
Yea I think donny always produces great racing, it's such a flowing circuit..in fact prefer the national circuit than the crap bit they added to make it into international length for the gps.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 12:50:13 PM »

Yea I think donny always produces great racing, it's such a flowing circuit..in fact prefer the national circuit than the crap bit they added to make it into international length for the gps.
When you referred to 'the old hairpin' which corner is that?

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 01:10:30 PM »
After Cramer curves..bottom of the hill.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 01:18:46 PM »
This is what donny looked like from my view..Craner curves was still flat on wets lol

2.6 g through the old hairpin Data logger is MPH not KPH btw.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:48:37 PM by Wobblyone »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 05:06:33 PM »

After Cramer curves..bottom of the hill.
Thanks. I went and looked up the track map and found the old hairpin is called, wait for it - 'Old Hairpin' ;)

Glad I chose the National layout now. Didn't realise it was the original layout.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 05:33:59 PM »
Lol ahh you didn't realise that's the corners name...that Cramer curves church at thruxton and paddock hill bend at brands among the best turns in Motorsport ...also if you want a really great track that produces tight racing one of the most underrated circuits around is pembrey in Wales...dunno if anyone ever made it for sim racing tho?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 06:19:10 PM »
I like most of the British tracks, with their elevation changes. I've never seen Pembrey though.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 07:04:39 PM »
Totally agree elevation changes really make UK tracks...Caldwell is a good example...altho pembrey is as flat as a pancake....but has one of the best ever left turns 3 left handers taken as one corner...it's a balls out circuit....still hard to beat Philip Island as a track tho..I did my pilgrimage many years ago...maybe this year gonna do Moto GP there :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal