Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 4 Round 2 - Eastern Creek Gardner GP - Chat

Author Topic: Season 4 Round 2 - Eastern Creek Gardner GP - Chat  (Read 17095 times)

Offline mooface

• View Profile
Re: Season 4 Round 2 - Eastern Creek Gardner GP - Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 11:48:06 PM »
Yea it was some good racing, the second reverse grid race was great! managed to stay at the front, but i am still yet to master turns 2 and 3!

At least costing me 2 seconds there, can never seem to get the braking point right.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 12:22:49 AM »
eazy, not a problem at all. I think I may have tapped you in one of the corners :(

The racing is proving to be excellent in these cars. The only problem with first/second mayhem is that it can end up spreading the field too much. Better to stay bunched for the first lap or so without too much aggression. Then we get some good side-by-side racing.

I think I spent nearly half a lap side by side with you, was fun but really needed more laps to get through the field in the revers grid race. Only Rob was a real gentlemen and decided to have an off to let me past, everyone else made it quite tricky and thats how it should be. All fair too with a few close calls, I think Wally also donated a spot to me which is nice as Ive always found it hard to get past him.  ;D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 01:07:18 AM »
eazy, not a problem at all. I think I may have tapped you in one of the corners :(

The racing is proving to be excellent in these cars. The only problem with first/second mayhem is that it can end up spreading the field too much. Better to stay bunched for the first lap or so without too much aggression. Then we get some good side-by-side racing.

stop posting.... I'm getting sim racing envy/separation anxiety!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 06:49:09 AM »

Don't worry Flattop, it was all very boring.  ;)
Took me till about lap 7 of the last race to learn the track layout. Great track, hard to master. Awesome little car. Very forgiving and easy to drive. Doesn't mind breaking once in a corner. I was doing a lot of PB's ended with a 1.41.1 Which I'm happy with. Didn't have too many big offs and didn't get lapped. Not bad for my 1st race back..

Seem to be able to swap a bit of paint without going into a insta-death-spin these days. I did go straight through someone, T-bone style, after the big crash in race one though.

Was good to be back on the black stuff with all you guys! as well as Marty! Hope to get in some training over the weekend with you guys. Did 2 laps at nords last night. Still having troubles in a few areas that I've circled.....

ok ok, it's old material..

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2015, 06:55:32 AM »

I think I spent nearly half a lap side by side with you, was fun but really needed more laps to get through the field in the revers grid race. Only Rob was a real gentlemen and decided to have an off to let me past, everyone else made it quite tricky and thats how it should be. All fair too with a few close calls, I think Wally also donated a spot to me which is nice as Ive always found it hard to get past him.  ;D

Yes, I got a wheel over one of the kerbs and it spun me off track, which was a bummer because that was a good race, Marty. The reverse grid was fun. GB had me under a lot of pressure at one stage until I ran wide just off track at T1 and he passed. Then turn 2 with dirty tyres saw another spin.

Sorry to the blue and red car I bumped off on the straight when I was battling Dick. I didn't realise that had happened until I watched the replay.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2015, 07:36:28 AM »
Yeah the reversing grid was a winner.  I had a couple of spins and a few punts but was good fun.  I'm starting to make a habit of harassing you toward the end of these reverse grid races Wally.

Like the new points format for the fun races as well,  easier just to have a bit of fun rather than concentrate on position.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2015, 10:37:16 AM »
Good to hear you doing okay Dick.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »

Good to hear you doing okay Dick.
When's the next name change Flattop?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 08:01:23 AM »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 01:07:23 PM »

Was good to be back on the black stuff with all you guys! as well as Marty! Hope to get in some training over the weekend with you guys. Did 2 laps at nords last night. Still having troubles in a few areas that I've circled.....

If you werent recycling any old material youd have nothing Dick.  ;)

I can already see your next skin will be pink with care bears, hello kitty or unicorns.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2015, 02:28:47 PM »

If you werent recycling any old material youd have nothing Dick.  ;)

I can already see your next skin will be pink with care bears, hello kitty or unicorns.

I would love to update your 'My Little Pony' skins for the 235i Marty, but there are no templates! This is not good. I don't think there are any DLC skin templates?

I can still put your pit crew in my little pony pj's if you like?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal