Xtreme Gaming Network

Project Cars

Author Topic: Project Cars  (Read 55072 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Project Cars
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 01:58:27 PM »
The 49 lotus is in...just sayin' :D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 07:11:47 PM »
...and this is why I'll never test this game.

I've just d/l the 12 GB  patch, today as I start steam up there's another patch...of 12GB!
These fuckers have no idea how to patch a game.  They just chuck the whole thing up by the looks, on a daily basis.

So much for this game. Fuck if I care anymore.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 09:23:15 PM »
Same thing with me Bird... 12gb on Saturday, another 12gb today  >:(  Didn't do todays download, will get it when the games done.
Certainly frustrating  :(
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 01:12:10 PM »
one of the greatest social swindle in history........I WANT MY 50 DOLLARS BAAAAAACK!!!  lol

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 07:46:32 PM »
After cooling down - and having a fantastic thursday night fun race - I've re-started the download.
It's now here, I've had a few runs. 
I have to give it the thumbs up on sound & looks.  Also in the the "parts flying" section it performs 100%, I've seen my Lotus49's front suspension disintegrate - brake disc, springs & tyres all in different directions!

The feel (feedback) is not as good as nkp/AC, but not too bad.

The physics engine does some weird shit.  There's the braking; it's at 50% balance, at full braking all 4's lock up and the car rights itself.   

Then there's dirt, but the tyres don't feel/seem to pick it up.   

I've also had some weird vibration at low-ish (below 100km/h) speeds at the front, coupled with tyre squeal in really mild corners.  Not sure what it was, but it was weird.

Driving the Lotus49 feels like you're taming a drunk wild stallion.  It's nearly undrivable.

So far that's all folks, I reckon it's going to be an enjoyable driving game with those road tracks, but I'm not sure about the realistic driving experience part (except when you hit something - but we'd rather avoid that woudn't we?)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:48:22 PM by Bird »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 08:20:38 PM »
After cooling down - and having a fantastic thursday night fun race - I've re-started the download.
It's now here, I've had a few runs. 
I have to give it the thumbs up on sound & looks.  Also in the the "parts flying" section it performs 100%, I've seen my Lotus49's front suspension disintegrate - brake disc, springs & tyres all in different directions!

The feel (feedback) is not as good as nkp/AC, but not too bad.

The physics engine does some weird shit.  There's the braking; it's at 50% balance, at full braking all 4's lock up and the car rights itself.   

Then there's dirt, but the tyres don't feel/seem to pick it up.   

I've also had some weird vibration at low-ish (below 100km/h) speeds at the front, coupled with tyre squeal in really mild corners.  Not sure what it was, but it was weird.

Driving the Lotus49 feels like you're taming a drunk wild stallion.  It's nearly undrivable.

So far that's all folks, I reckon it's going to be an enjoyable driving game with those road tracks, but I'm not sure about the realistic driving experience part (except when you hit something - but we'd rather avoid that woudn't we?)

...Amen!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 08:30:16 PM »
Good writeup Bird.

Simone, I requested a refund into my PayPal account, but so far it hasn't happened.

Edit: Actually, just got my refund today. It took several weeks.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:55:05 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 08:32:24 PM »
Oh, I forgot one thing that I was impressed with; the simulation of the gearbox.  With no auto clutch (of course) I had to clutch on up-shifts, and even the down-shifts were a bit of a hit-and-miss; the rev matching wasn't quite working out well for me :)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 08:51:23 AM »
Good writeup Bird.

Simone, I requested a refund into my PayPal account, but so far it hasn't happened.

Edit: Actually, just got my refund today. It took several weeks.

Thats nice!!!!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2015, 09:28:02 AM »
I've had a few laps in the Merc SLS (since I drove it extensively at Nurb) but I thought Spa would be a nice place to try.
Ok; waded through the 5(five) entry screens again, stuffed with logos and crap, into the game.  The menu is  still not right for me - altho AC isn't better in this regard, just different.  Then went on track.

The car sounds nice, however the background noise was really scraping on my nerves in the pits after a while.  The track is flat (not laser scanned, to be expected) the layout is pretty accurate, though.  But this combo brought out some severe shortcomings of this game.  I had all sorts of issues with the game itself, the screen going dark occasionally just like that for a couple of seconds.  The car was behaving like a lump of steel on a cable, I can't put it in any other way.  There was no feel to it, no life to it.  You turn the wheel, it turns. No complaints.  When you slide it in corners it is always oversteery, and always rights itself somehow. 

Again, dirt on tyres - nothing. 

I've tried to change the setup, but the setup screen wasn't very nice, still I've reduced the TC for starters (increased the TC slip, as that's all you can do here) but all it did was giving me even better turns.  I was looking for the wings, but I could not find it. (?)

It's pretty hard to compare apples to apples, as you need the same track & same car to make a call.  And of course it maybe that the very car you try is a bit worse than the average.

But it does not feel right, overall. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:31:20 AM by Bird »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »
Did I see Project Cars 'virtual' billboards on Foxtel's Barbagallo coverage? ???

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 07:48:07 PM »
Anyone tried the official release of the game now it's out? Tempted to get it, but seems you guys weren't that happy with pre-release versions.

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 09:34:14 PM »
Stupidly bought it. Very disappointed. Glass flat tracks. No triple screen angle adjustment. Physics underwhelming. Already lost the will to keep trying.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 11:36:11 PM »
Takes a bit of work, but in the end the ffb can feel ok,   nothing like AC though, would be better if tracks were not so flat.  Cool having to use the clutch like in Iracing,  I do miss in AC having to use the clutch or lift shifting in cars that require it in real life.  Some of the cars feel pretty good to drive, while others just feel wrong, they all feel to planted
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2015, 01:39:45 PM »
You don't use the clutch in AC???? :o :o
I wouldn't get a gearbox to last one lap without a clutch!
(unless it's a flappy-paddle car ;))

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal