Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R6: BARBAGALLO Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R6: BARBAGALLO Post-Race Chat  (Read 17421 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S6R6: BARBAGALLO Post-Race Chat
« on: May 05, 2015, 10:11:08 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings

Penalties
Race 3 - Wobbly (-4) for moving sideways off his line into Gratulin (+4).

Round Points
Perch    71
Jeremy    65
Guybrush Threepwood    65
Matthew111    56
Marty    56
StanDaam    55
Shameless    55
Grubbet    47
Gratulin    40
Rolz    38
Vipergod    38
Freezer    35
Wally    33
Wobblyone    33
Rob    31
Bafs17    30
UnFknBLievable    26
Joe    23
Bacchulum    20
Ysu    17
Simone    15
Krahl    11
G0RGAK    11
Dick Forrest    11
Whitemoo    6

Congratulations to Perch on the round win, and Jeremy and Perch on the race wins.

SEASON CHAMPION

Congratulations to Jeremy, the season 6 champ.

Podium:
1st, Jeremy, 339 pts (Alfa)
2nd, Perch, 310 pts (Alfa)
3rd, Matthew111, 302 pts (Merc)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 10:49:01 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S6R6: BARBAGALLO Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 11:10:20 PM »
And the final season stats.

In summary:

Best average finish position: Guybrush, 3.3
Most wins: Jeremy, 9
Most podiums: Jeremy, 14
Most poles: Jeremy, 4
Most fastest laps: Jeremy, 8
Most consistent drivers: Freezer, Jeremy, Matthew111
Most often hunter (chasing others): StanDaam
Most often hunted (being chased): Marty, Rolz
Busiest (cars close in front and behind): Rolz
Loneliest (no cars close): Joe
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 11:19:05 PM »
Loneliest (no cars close): Joe

Haha definately true for the first few weeks, but I seem to be able to stick in the pack somewhere recently  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 11:22:12 PM »
Lol at the hunter and hunted, damn stan was hunting me when I wasnt hunting him pretty much all season. Was good fun and at times we got in the way of a few of the big boys in their alfa's.

Was a tricky place to lass at Barbagallo as it seems to almost take a lap to complete a move. Both Stan and I had a few good goes at getting past Gratulin in a couple of the races and I spent quite a few laps behind or holding up dtm cars.

I tried my best to not let Perch past easily once pushing him a little off track as he made a move outside the severlg grip limited 458 and then finally I made an error into t6 getting too loose and let him sneak past. He managed to get past GB me then Stan so good effort there Perch, not so good on the Ferrari team plan.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 06:45:19 AM »
Yea sorry to grat and bird last night, had one of those nights, first race ok at start holding station with the two fast Alfa boys until a little mistake dropped me back a second or so couldn't pull it back as we were close on times, then ran out of fuel on last turn rolled over line Losing 3rd to guy....4th time this season I've run out of fuel...rusty Alfa fuel tank I think.

Other races got good start out dragged guy in front of me and passed but totally forgot the no passing thing..only league that does it, got stuck in a load of cars and had contact sorry didn't engage brain.   Other race I spun off lost loads of places and got stuck behinds birds f40 for 4 laps or so had very limited chances to pass even tho we were lapping 3 seconds slower than when I was in clean air...got a run but to be fair was a bit of a lunge on my part, unfortunately I couldn't hold my line hit him off re dressed, very sorry mate frustration got the better of me.

Generally other than a few wins at early part of season been very frustrating series 4 me trying to get this car to work and my wheel etc...not sure if I'm gonna stick with AC.

Grants to the winners and thanks for the admin for their hard work

Wombs

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 07:23:00 AM »
What's the no passing rule?  First I've heard of it.

Thanks for a good season again Wally.  Look forward to the next one.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 08:27:37 AM »
What's the no passing rule?  First I've heard of it.

Thanks for a good season again Wally.  Look forward to the next one.

Its the rule that says its pointless to pass a Ferrari in a BMW mid-corner, because they'll take it back on the next straight (isn't that right Rob)?

I had a couple of rear end losses under pressure braking in race 1 that stuffed my race, but some setup changes (stiffer in the front and brake bias changes) helped in the other races. I seemed to spend a bit of time behind Ferraris and battled with Mercs, notably Rolz and Freezer in good racing.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 08:36:51 AM »
Someone should swab Jeremy! Grats!

Was great to tack onto the end of the season and see you all again. Shame no magic happened in my summer break that made me drive, even slightly better...
 I think i enjoy skinning, the real tracks, the degree of difficulty and the company more than actually competing in a race..

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 08:54:25 AM »
Ha ha!! Joe's title  ;D ;D ;D
I'm the Hunter!!! Most excellent!!
I celebrated by going out and buying a new helmut!!

Now where's my 'Get Marty' rifle!!  ;D

Fun night of racings for me. Most fun was following Gratulin and not quite passing him... lap after lap... (Gratulin's connection is so solid!!, I love sitting really close behind him...  ;D). I love Barbagello as a track and I thought it produced some good racing, various strengths and weaknesses depending on your car.
Well done to Perch in race 3, he did a great job of coming thru the field, love the reverse grid races.

Congrats to Jeremy, you had great pace thru the season, well deserved.
And a big cheers to Wally for once again running a very polished comp, thankyou.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 09:12:15 AM »
Good fun guys! have never been extremely enthusiast about this race format but nevertheless i spent some of enjoyable time racing with you.Looking forward to the next championship i think is going to be a blast!!
Thank you all and to Wally to find the time to organize the races.
Great starts last night and terrific racing,in a  very narrow and frantic track like Barbagallo,,,,good on you guys!!!!!!

:-* :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:17:35 AM by Simone »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 09:20:09 AM »
Yea sorry to grat and bird last night, ...
Nevermind, it's all good.  I did not expect you to go for that dive, and by the time it has registered that you snuck your nose in, it was too late.  The F40 does not change lines mid-corner that easily :D

But as I said, no problems.  I was/am a bit under the weather anyway.

Offline Perch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 10:10:39 AM »
not so good on the Ferrari team plan.

Nonsense, the Ferrari Army fought valiantly! Just not valiantly enough ;) Stan, Guy, Marty, race three was a blast. Grubbet (I think) was leading for what must've been half the race and it was a shame he had a bit of an off because getting past him with my engine glowing red raw would've been a hell of a challenge.
Congrats to Jeremy on races 1 and 2 and the season overall. :)

Thanks again to Wally for another superbly organised season.

Rolz

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 10:55:02 AM »
Well the guns came out and did some schooling last night... on me anyway :)

Tough track... did all I could on setup to minimise wheel spin on exit, but this track shows the people that have mastered throttle control on exit... and me that still has to learn... when I could, I was quick(er)... turns 1 and the left hander up the hill I was always too heavy with the gas... or not enough...

Have real respect for the V8 racers on this track (or anyone) as it's a constant on the gear up gear down... my right hand on the wheel was killing by the time the night was over  :P

Fantastic season, brilliant battles (understand having busiest and hunted titles).

Wally thank you for a top season!

Look forward to the next one!  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 11:28:47 AM »
Other races got good start out dragged guy in front of me and passed but totally forgot the no passing thing..only league that does it, got stuck in a load of cars and had contact sorry didn't engage brain.   

Not sure about any no passing rule mate, I have never heard of that either. Holding line in early turns if people are beside is pretty obvious to avoid contact but you can pass if you can pull it off.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 11:35:11 AM »
Yea sorry think that's wat I meant... 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal