Xtreme Gaming Network

May 12 fun run: McLaren F1 GTR at Monza 66 and Monza

Author Topic: May 12 fun run: McLaren F1 GTR at Monza 66 and Monza  (Read 35512 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: May 12 fun run: McLaren F1 GTR at Monza 66 and Monza
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2015, 12:25:23 PM »
It was good fun, especially turn 1. Some good battles, some good carnage... just what a fun run needs!

So is the fastest way through turn 1 to brake or not?  :) I saw a lot of people braking slightly, but I was just lifting off slightly.
I guess it depends on a few factors, mostly wings & gearing. :)
When I hit the apex just right, I could go into the corner with a tiny braking, scrubbing of some speed, then flooring it all the way through.  Just lifting I have always drifted off the track. 

Guy may have a different view, he was a lot faster than me - altho not quite in T1, more so in the lesmos & parabolica.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2015, 12:26:19 PM »
It was good fun, especially turn 1. Some good battles, some good carnage... just what a fun run needs!

So is the fastest way through turn 1 to brake or not?  :) I saw a lot of people braking slightly, but I was just lifting off slightly.

I was braking GB was braking and I was .063 of his wr time. (Even if slightly draft assited on my end ;D)

Its very handy to use a live pb delta and then you can easily see which is faster for you. Its not only the speed into the corner though its also if you gain or lose on the exit up to the next brake point.

For me t1 its one corner I backed off a bit more in the races. Nailing the entry with a very slight brake you can go flat very early and gain a couple tenths over running a fraction wide or getting a bit too loose. Exiting out on the grass isnt fast and can cause a crash and also hitting the inside kerb will unsettle the car and just lose speed at best. In the races I was skowing a little more giving up thos 2 tenths most laps here unless neading to pass someone id push harder.

Its much the same at the lesmos and in a race I just had to leave a bit more margin for error then when going for a pb or qualy lap.

I was amazed I got through the first 2 races undamaged. Race 1 I backed off a bit too much and let GB get away. He was also backing off a bit and had I pushed harder he would still have maintainted the gap most likely. Or one or both of us would have rubbed a wall.  ;D

Race 2 was some carnage, GB and I went to the back and I was last. By the end of the parabolica not sure if it was lap one or 2 I had the lead. But I only passed one car that wasnt spinning or pointing the wrong way.

Race 3 I came around the second lesbo and there were cars all over the track. I had nowhere to go and slammed into them and those behind me slammed into me. This pretty much wrecked the car but I had some good battles to the end with some other badly damaged cars. I conrinued to damage mine more hitting the second lesbo a couple more times during the race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2015, 12:37:10 PM »
Yeah, race 3 was a write off after meeting that accident head on.

I was braking a bit into t1. Felt good when you were on the limit of grip.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2015, 12:57:01 PM »

I was braking GB was braking and I was .063 of his wr time. (Even if slightly draft assited on my end ;D)

Its very handy to use a live pb delta and then you can easily see which is faster for you. Its not only the speed into the corner though its also if you gain or lose on the exit up to the next brake point.

For me t1 its one corner I backed off a bit more in the races. Nailing the entry with a very slight brake you can go flat very early and gain a couple tenths over running a fraction wide or getting a bit too loose. Exiting out on the grass isnt fast and can cause a crash and also hitting the inside kerb will unsettle the car and just lose speed at best. In the races I was skowing a little more giving up thos 2 tenths most laps here unless neading to pass someone id push harder.

Its much the same at the lesmos and in a race I just had to leave a bit more margin for error then when going for a pb or qualy lap.

I was amazed I got through the first 2 races undamaged. Race 1 I backed off a bit too much and let GB get away. He was also backing off a bit and had I pushed harder he would still have maintainted the gap most likely. Or one or both of us would have rubbed a wall.  ;D

Race 2 was some carnage, GB and I went to the back and I was last. By the end of the parabolica not sure if it was lap one or 2 I had the lead. But I only passed one car that wasnt spinning or pointing the wrong way.

Race 3 I came around the second lesbo and there were cars all over the track. I had nowhere to go and slammed into them and those behind me slammed into me. This pretty much wrecked the car but I had some good battles to the end with some other badly damaged cars. I conrinued to damage mine more hitting the second lesbo a couple more times during the race.

TL;DR
are you still going on about ballast?

I couldn't make it. Had a lot of fridge magnets to clean.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2015, 02:06:38 PM »
Yeah, T1 I definitely brake slightly and get the car loose on entry so you can hug the curb.  I never really gave it my all there in the race as that is the one corner that can get you out of sorts - especially with my setup.  Even in prac/qual I was 1.5 tenths up on the WR quite a few times from that corner alone but never managed to get the final corner right.  Would have been a lot more with a slip stream, as is always the case.

Race 1 was straight forward.  Just held a steady pace to the end.

Race 2 was fun.  Started at the back and made my way past a few stacks.  Got to the last corner on lap 1 and then got punted from behind and went into someone else and then off.  Anyway, it was a good chance to race around mid-pack.  Accidents happen.

Race 3 started from the back, or there-about,  and went around a few on the start straight but then got hip and shouldered onto the grass which gave me front and rear damage, weirdly.  Caught up to the leading pack and then someone exploded in the first lesmo with a few cars spinning.  Managed to weave through and then it was just Bird and I swapping places as everyone else crashed.

Good fun.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2015, 02:23:38 PM »
GB can you keep posts in byte sized chunks so Mrs Forrest can consume them thanks.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2015, 02:34:40 PM »
GB can you keep posts in byte sized chunks so Mrs Forrest can consume them thanks.

TL;DR
I think ballast would be a great idea.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2015, 03:54:46 PM »

TL;DR
I think ballast would be a great idea.

TL;DR
Ballast FTW.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2015, 06:24:07 PM »
Maybe me thinking Too Long Didnt Read is not what you guys are trying to say.

Is it just a special code of love between you guys something like Threepwood Loves Dick's Roger.  ???

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2015, 10:03:23 PM »
Maybe me thinking Too Long Didnt Read is not what you guys are trying to say.

Is it just a special code of love between you guys something like Threepwood Loves Dick's Roger.  ???

Yeah..... good one marty. look. We miss you too. The track seems so much bigger without you blocking the way...

You know what they say... idle hands are the Devils playground..... or something like that

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal