Xtreme Gaming Network

S25R1: SunBank 24 at Daytona Road Course

Author Topic: S25R1: SunBank 24 at Daytona Road Course  (Read 62219 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S25R1: SunBank 24 at Daytona Road Course
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2018, 08:55:15 AM »
Maybe we can add a new rule; if you're being lapped by a C9 (especially kcender), you're allowed to try and take that car out?  ;D
That'd work. But a 20 seconds penalty in the pits after the end of refuelling seems easier. They do this in many series: minimum pit stop time. Of course, it requires gentlemen agreement: you stop, you end refuelling, then look at the counter on top of your monitor and count to 20 before you go.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2018, 10:06:58 AM »
I will experiment a bit and see if a little bit of restrictor on the C9 can compensate for the quicker refuelling time. But man, it's a delicate balancing act. Who's fool idea was it to have a multi-make season?
As for the delayed Group C season please take a look here.
Thanks Seanus, but for simplicity's sake and to avoid choice overload, I'd stick to original AC cars.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2018, 11:34:16 AM »
I can handle one little restrictor tweak ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2018, 12:39:52 PM »
Maybe we can add a new rule; if you're being lapped by a C9 (especially kcender), you're allowed to try and take that car out?  ;D
That'd work. But a 20 seconds penalty in the pits after the end of refuelling seems easier. They do this in many series: minimum pit stop time. Of course, it requires gentlemen agreement: you stop, you end refuelling, then look at the counter on top of your monitor and count to 20 before you go.

Easier to mandate an additional drive through penalty for a certain alien.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2018, 02:15:08 PM »
Looking at early lap times for next week Mael and I are very close Long v Short and Mazda's a bit slower.  Which is a fair bit different to last week. 
No C9's have made an appearance yet!

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2018, 02:41:44 PM »
I think Sebring and Atlanta should see advantage long tails if anything  -  at Daytona everything was driving away from me on the infield and I was forced to dial up 100% boost to do the overtakes on the straight then wind it back afterwards - I was on soft the whole time too as the oval didnt seem to harm them much - they were worth a good second a lap or so in testing so when the C9s have to run meds at the tighter tracks to stop cooking the rears on power we should see closer times.

Also im away till Riverside so will need all the help i can get second half of the season especially with Laguna Seca in there :S  see everyone then!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2018, 03:42:34 PM »
An Ocon clause? :P

2+2=√16

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2018, 03:54:46 PM »
Also im away till Riverside so will need all the help i can get second half of the season especially with Laguna Seca in there :S  see everyone then!

I'm going to enjoy seeing the Merc attempt the corkscrew  ;D

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2018, 04:17:59 PM »

I'm going to enjoy seeing the Merc attempt the corkscrew  ;D

Actual footage below

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2018, 04:52:37 PM »
An Ocon clause? :P
Bahahahahahahahahah
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2018, 06:32:35 PM »
I will experiment a bit and see if a little bit of restrictor on the C9 can compensate for the quicker refuelling time. But man, it's a delicate balancing act. Who's fool idea was it to have a multi-make season?

I think we should be careful trying to adjust too much.  As it is there is a fairly good distribution of cars, you are always competing for your "class" victory.

The re-fueling is the only major issue.  Would be good if on of the resident gurus could figure out how to add a 30sec timed penalty at the stop or adjust the flow rate.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2018, 06:40:14 PM »

I think we should be careful trying to adjust too much.  As it is there is a fairly good distribution of cars, you are always competing for your "class" victory.

The re-fueling is the only major issue.  Would be good if on of the resident gurus could figure out how to add a 30sec timed penalty at the stop or adjust the flow rate.
A tiny bit of restrictor is easier. No one has to download anything, which is always a blessing, trust me. Restrictor has a greater effect on high revs I. E top speed, and I reckon it will only have to be a tiny bit of restrictor to compensate for a quicker stop over a whole hour race.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2018, 07:38:59 PM »

What a great idea....or could if that is a difficult task, can we just trust the C9 drivers to sit in the pits for a specified stationary time, knowing that it can be checked in the replays and post race pentalities issued if this is not served?

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2018, 07:48:18 PM »

A tiny bit of restrictor is easier. No one has to download anything, which is always a blessing, trust me. Restrictor has a greater effect on high revs I. E top speed, and I reckon it will only have to be a tiny bit of restrictor to compensate for a quicker stop over a whole hour race.

yeahbut :) that will mean the C9 will have to be slower than all the other cars by ~30 seconds a stint and then make up the time in the pits (unless I am clueless.... actually...). Que the C9 guys leaving once it isn't the faster / most challenging car.

Off to to better things.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2018, 08:09:19 PM »
I am with the pit-penalty guys, Wally. It makes no sense to give a restrictor to make the C9 lose 20 seconds each stint (2 seconds per lap?) and then regain it in the pits. Much more sensible to equalize the pit stops and let the race be among cars that go at similar-ish speed.

If not possible, then let's leave it as it is.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal