Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC News

Author Topic: ACC News  (Read 123443 times)

Offline doobs

• View Profile
Re: ACC News
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2018, 09:11:45 AM »
Now all I have to do is get a case window so I can see all the pretty bling. Looks like Christmas Vacation inside now.

It's all about the arrrr geeeee beeeee
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2018, 01:19:54 PM »
Now all I have to do is get a case window so I can see all the pretty bling. Looks like Christmas Vacation inside now.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not joking, this is mine  ;D I do need a better Mobo and some RGB RAM in there. Maybe an xmas/bday present to myself in a few months...

[youtube]VBtbiEp9J6c[/youtube]

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2018, 07:01:48 PM »
My 980 also gives about 30FPS - in the sun, anyway. Joe, I find the triple screens OK. I had to fiddle with the FOV and the distance.
https://www.pccasegear.com/products/40951/inno3d-geforce-gtx-1080-x2-8gb
On sale $599

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/407011 some gpu discounts 1070ti $519, 1080 $599

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2018, 06:31:30 AM »
Someone just pointed out to me acc doesnt havent triple screen support as the unreal engine doesn't officially support it. Had a Google and found it has a feature called nDisplay for that kind of thing but it's an experimental feature and recommends not shipping with it. seems we could be waiting a while.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2018, 07:19:16 AM »
Yeah the lack of any apparent triple screen plans is worrying.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2018, 07:44:05 AM »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 07:46:24 AM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2018, 07:55:42 AM »
if the engine doesn't support it, it could the not even possible basket I guess.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2018, 08:44:37 AM »
I think they might be thinking with super wide monitors available, put in the too hard basket.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/41229/acer-predator-x34p-uwqhd-100hz-g-sync-34in-ips-gaming-monitor

or this

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/40647/samsung-c49hg90-ultra-widescreen-144hz-49in
I've got a 34in uw while it is better than a single 16:9 it's still nowhere near triples, the 49inch Samsung's I guess would be good if you can't fit triples. Hoping the pimax's aren't too expensive.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2018, 09:44:38 AM »
I think they might be thinking with super wide monitors available, put in the too hard basket.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/41229/acer-predator-x34p-uwqhd-100hz-g-sync-34in-ips-gaming-monitor

or this

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/40647/samsung-c49hg90-ultra-widescreen-144hz-49in
I've got a 34in uw while it is better than a single 16:9 it's still nowhere near triples, the 49inch Samsung's I guess would be good if you can't fit triples. Hoping the pimax's aren't too expensive.

Anything that gets too ultra-wide will suffer from the same stretching anyway. That's essentially what triples is when you have surround enabled. For GTA 5 I remember I used an app that did some post processing stuff to resolve the stretch on the side monitors and it worked pretty well. I wonder if something like that could work with ACC.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2018, 11:24:52 AM »
Worth looking into

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2018, 06:08:21 PM »
ACC is really growing on me now that I've given it a real good go. I've reverted to a single screen for ACC so my 980 can give me a decent frame rate with decent settings. The FFB feels spot on with the improvements in 0.2. The graphics are great. What really makes it I think is the sounds. There's a whole cacophony of sounds going on in the cockpit. It's much less sterile and generated sounding than AC.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2018, 10:39:51 PM »
ACC is really growing on me now that I've given it a real good go. I've reverted to a single screen for ACC so my 980 can give me a decent frame rate with decent settings. The FFB feels spot on with the improvements in 0.2. The graphics are great. What really makes it I think is the sounds. There's a whole cacophony of sounds going on in the cockpit. It's much less sterile and generated sounding than AC.
Agreed re the sound aspect, definately more realistic.  I am however getting excessive camera shake for which there is no adjustment at this stage.
I'm running my 970 with triples and it all looks good at the moment!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2018, 11:01:37 PM »
Agreed re the sound aspect, definately more realistic.  I am however getting excessive camera shake for which there is no adjustment at this stage.
Go to Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/cameraoptionsea.json and change "generalMovement" to 0.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2018, 11:26:51 AM »
Go to Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/cameraoptionsea.json and change "generalMovement" to 0.
Awesome, thanks Wally.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2018, 05:03:33 PM »
How is the latest update to ACC?  A Lot of the Youtube guys I watch - eg Gamer Muscle - don't seem to be very hot on the handling compared to AC...

Hopefully it's not something to do with the new engine.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal