Xtreme Gaming Network

Sep 22 fun run: Formula Renault 3.5 at Paul Ricard

Author Topic: Sep 22 fun run: Formula Renault 3.5 at Paul Ricard  (Read 25695 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Sep 22 fun run: Formula Renault 3.5 at Paul Ricard
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2015, 03:42:36 PM »
These cars are great fun. Still don't feel quite as connected to the road as the rf2 version. However I've had more time with that car, so probably just looking for better ffb settings.

Race 1 was fun. I struggled to get the car going as well as other guys and a slight loose at the start of the first lap netted me damage and last position. Made some gains, but wasn't able to catch up to the pack.

Race 2, the medium df setting worked for me straight out of the box. Second on the grid without even trying. Got an ok start and held position. Passed Will into the fast right a few laps later and held onto the lead. I think Mr Frost would have got lead off me given a few more laps.

I could smell dinner cooking during race 2 so decided to skip race 3.

As for downforce, it would be nice if we could select it independently. However failing that I think taking an educated guess based on the track and forcing us all to run that config is the way to go. I could be wrong, but I think they only run high downforce at Monaco. I also dislike the idea of running multiple configurations at the same race. My missus thinks I race too much anyway, don't make it so I need to make two sets per event!

We had a bit of a discussion on TS at the end of the night, and settled on just using the high D/f everywhere, for simplicity, familiarity and less frustration on the whole.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal